Richmond Villages

Richmond Villages Employee Reviews

Insights into Richmond Villages

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Beautiful decor and lovely clients but terrible staff culture

I was so excited to work here but sadly that soon wore off as the staff culture at management levels was awful. As a manager myself it became impossible to run my unit as there were too many other managers trying to put their finger in the pie. There was a 'we do it this way because that is what we have always done' attitude and too many people trying to protect their own little empires. The Care Home side of the business was second rate compared to the Home owner side. The restaurant was all about putting on a public show and the food in the care home was poor.

Pros

Free parking, free lunches.

Cons

Great place to work with great work life balance.

Great place to work. With great career options. Fun Christmas parties and good company benefits. Very fulfilling and rewarding job making a difference for the residents.

Pros

Free lunch. Christmas party

nothing special

you walk in and the place is absolutely beautiful! residents are amazing, but they don't get the care they deserve or what they have paid for! carers always run off their feet, short staffed, agency!! most of them not knowing what they are doing or know their basic moving and handling!! carers not apricated at all, carers get prompted to seniors when they havent even done care before, staff meetings when there are issues on the floor but issues still remains and management don't listen!!now a few carers are losing their jobs soon all because of not wanting the vaccine, what happened to peoples choice? now the residents will have to put up with more agency staff, when they need continuity! joke!!

Pros

wagestream, some staff

Cons

short staffed

Awful place to work

Most of the carers are fantastic at their job, you do get the odd few that don’t pull their weight. Management is shocking they don’t listen to any concerns you have and when they do nothing is done about it. Working understaffed most of the time while they sit in the office and complain that we are being negative. Staff are run down a lot and never get a thank you. Most of the time managers are never to be seen. Sadly it’s the same residents that get picked to do activities. Meetings and surveys where we voice our concerns are pointless as nothing changes. Poor management and poorly run. They sell residents and their family’s a dream when coming here, reality is they don’t get what they pay for. Food is shocking and a lot of agency! Can’t think of a good thing to say about the place, except some great over worked carers.

Pros

Cons

Long days, over worked

Wonderful atmosphere

Loved everything about working at Richmond villages. Wonderful work ethics. Supportive management. I would recommend working there to anyone.I was rewarded for my hard work as were a staff. They genuinely cared how staff felt and supported them.

Pros

Looked after staff. Lots of staff outings and Social events as a Thankyou for our hard work.

Not a nice atmosphere

No one seems happy anymore to much back biting gose on very clicky environment to work within no job satisfaction and favoritetisame takes place in most departments made to work over Christmas.

Rubbish management

The management never listened unless it helped them out and for help from them it was a waste of time going to talk to they nothing ever got done and staff were awful

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stressful and no support

Really good organisation to work for

Fast paced and challenging work environment but amazing support from the Company and the staff team within Richmond Villages. Would highly recommend to anybody wanting to work for a Company that likes to develop its own talent.

Pros

Support

Cons

Very few.

No support

No support from management even with issues raised to the village manager. Personal information shared with others including sensitive information. It was once such a lovely place to work for.

Pros

Lovely building

Cons

No support

Great place to work, very friendly staff, lovely rural village setting away from the hustle bustle of city life. Free onsite car parking & cycle to work scheme available

Fantastic

I love working at Richmond Village Northampton, very good team of staff that go the extra mile for the residents that live here, excellent managers on site and the Bupa benefits are great

Good.

Brilliant other members of staff, everyone welcoming and helpful, Good benefits, Great place to work! The most rewarding part is the smile from the residents at the end of the day.

Amazing residents but terrible management

The residents are lovely and they’re the reason people stay at the job but the management are awful. You’re not allowed to complain because then you’re told you’re being negative and you’re the reason people leave. It’s an institution disguised as a care home. Only a few of the residents are taken out - the easy ones- many spend all day, everyday locked up. The management lack the balls to deal with any issues and just avoid you.

Worst place I have ever worked

The management are awful, the colleges are no better. The pay is minimum for then work load you take on. My time at Richmond cause my life so much stress I had to leave.

Lots of promises if your face doesn't fit your out

Great to begin with opportunities to develop but then if your face doesn't fit they push you out. Very bullied by senior management no support or thanks for hard work. Made to feel like your worthless. Some of staff lovely but too good for the place. Glad I've moved on.

Pros

Some of staff and the residents

Cons

Poor management lack of progression

Activities Coordinator

The Activities coordinator role is amazingly rewarding and enjoyable job to do. Interaction and support from many other departments makes the job so enjoyable. Every day is rewarding, and being able to bring enjoyment and happiness to so many residents across the whole village every day makes the job so satisfying. Management support in my role is very good, particularly my line manager. We have an excellent team who all work together and support each other. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with residents passing on particularly if they have been regular activity attendees.

Pros

Flexibilty

Cons

Weekend work

Rubbish

Don’t work here, you work really hard and not thanked, and than screwed over royally. The residents are lovely to work for only plus. Management see you has a number not a person.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Treatment

Supportive team

I work as a Housekeeper at Richmond Village, Witney. Although Housekeeping is hard work it's really good to go home at the end of my shift knowing that I've done a good job. My manager is really good and is always there to support us and work with us when we are really busy. The team I work with are great, we always support each other and help each other out. We laugh a lot and it makes the job more enjoyable when you have a happy place to work. I really enjoy seeing the residents every day and making them smile.

Pros

Making a difference to our residents

Cons

Can be tiring

Residents are amazing

It’s such a shame that a care environment with such lovely residents who pay a huge amount of money to live here are just overlooked by money scrounging management that don’t care about them or their staff. The place seriously lacks staff (from a housekeeping point of view) meaning they dump a massive work load upon one person. It seemed the head housekeeper had her favourites and allowed them to be paired up whilst other members were ran into the ground. They had no compassion or care, they just wanted the work ticked off! Even if it meant cutting corners and not doing a decent job. I would have stayed at this job but for £7.91 an hour and a head housekeeper that can’t even appreciate their staff or even run things properly I would never return! I would give 5 stars for the Building, the residents and most other staff but management let this place down greatly. I won’t be surprised if they run it into the ground.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Management, wages, work load

Come back the Old Management, the new lot are psychopathic

My role was ok, but there was never enough work to do, and furthing myself and trying tnew ways to build the business was frowned upon. I was bullid by my work colleagues as they were best friends. But I was lucky as I wasnt working in one of the villages. each village is run differently and there is a lot of back stabbing in the villages them selves, viscious rumours and sucking up to the village managers. As it has now been completely taken over by Bupa this has got worse, as the upper management dont care about people and the residents it is just about profit, oh and their bonusses as they are getting piad 3-4 time what every one else is getting paid, even before their bonusses. You can tell the new operations director used to be an accountant as the ethos is 'hw can we increase profits but cutting costs and facilities'. Before the old lot left I would have considered sending my parents here as the old management didnt have much of a clue, but they made it up by sheer determination and were genuine about their actions, now the new lot are in, no thanks its all about the money.

Pros

free bupa care

Cons

back stabbing environment full of brown nosers trying to out do each other, bad corporate culture.

Caring and fun

I worked for Richmond for eight years and enjoyed every second of it, I felt at ease working there and felt comfortable approaching management if needed.

Pros

Staff care very dearly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond Villages. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Richmond Villages with

• Richmond Villages
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?