Richmond and Wandsworth Councils

Working at Richmond and Wandsworth Councils: 14 Richmond and Wandsworth Councils Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Productive and fun place to work

Progressive place to work. Management are quite supportive. Colleagues were great. Ensured that customer service standards were strong. Had a great team spirit.

Nice teammates. Central office with good transport links and shopping centre close by.

Stressful, overloaded with longwinded computer processes which reduces the amount of work you can actually achieve. Too many tenancy actions to complete. Unrealistic expectations

Pros

Private pension

Cons

Too many to mention

Insights into Richmond and Wandsworth Councils

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Lovely department, nice environment to work in and very helpful. Good team work abs happy to listen to new ideas and support in any projects that you have.

Pros

Friendly

Good

Good overall, should consider hiring new staff to replace old ones who are not as adaptable to change. Good wage for the role I had, would consider reapplying.

Exciting and collaborative

Good working experience with collaborative and motivated workforce with appetite for change and supportive senior management to direct the delivery of change initiative across the shared services.

Stressful environment

There is a regular turnover of permanent and locum staff. Workload is with very complex cases is high and the staff are micro managed despite working more than the required hours. IT equipment such as phone laptop is poor as is the wifi.

Cons

Long Hours

Awful place to work!

A council that is yet to move into the 21st Century. Lots of have staff have worked in the same role for 20-30 years! If you are not a friend or family member, then you are an outsider. Many managers have gained their positions through longevity rather than having any management skills. Evidence of corruption and racism runs right through this council. Avoid at all costs!

Experience ag LBRW

Great experience at LBRW, friendly environment with knowledgable colleagues.j was mad to feel at ease by project stakeholders, who were always engaged and keen to help deliver a successful project.

Health and Safety Inspection

My first day was a bit challenging because I was expected to shadow a member of staff who was not really free to show me much. I was quick to learn how to review an incident report sent in by schools. One inspection arranged was cancelled due to poor communication. The Team were relaxed but focused on the task at hand. The hardest for me was the unavailability of my boddy team member whom I was expected to be shadowing. The enjoyable part was being given the opportunity to review some incident reports.

Pros

Help from other Team member

Cons

Poor Communication

Nice Place to work with some wonderful people

Nice Place to work with some wonderful people. Relaxed atmosphere with no pressure as long as you do you work and get on with it your ok. Plenty of scope to further your self if you show willing.

Productive and fun

Most enjoyable part is the staff and the ability to network with both internal and external partners. I have learnt the importance of managing and motivating staff to achieve a successful outcome for service.

Good, well payed job

Good pool, best pay for lifeguards I've heard of. The management is more or less good and the staff all work together well for the most part, you will most likely make at least a few friends.

Pros

Good pay, lots of breaks

Cons

Boring

Wandsworth council

The work place is very welcoming and positive. Also teams work well together and get tasks done when they need to be. I learnt how to work at a quick pace and also get sufficient work done. I also learnt new skills and how to work my way around new systems.

Pros

Near shopping centre and food market

Cons

hot buildings

Good career opportunities and training. However I'm.looking for additional work to boost my income due to recent change in personal circumstances. I am a motivated hard working manager. However I still have good clinical nursing skills where my patient's care and dignity is my priority.

Pros

Interesting role

Cons

High demands on time due to staff cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond and Wandsworth Councils. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Richmond and Wandsworth Councils with

Richmond and Wandsworth Councils reviews by location

Learn about Richmond and Wandsworth Councils in popular locations

• Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?