Rico Logistics Ltd

Rico Logistics Ltd Employee Reviews

Unpredictable locations

Ideal for those seeking to make petrol or bingo money. Paying by mileage not really my thing. Seems like a lose win situation. Definitely have to drive very long hours to make ends meet. It would have been ideal to pay by the hour.

Pros

Always seem to have work, flexible, friendly staff

Cons

You're only paid from when you pick up the parcel, paid £5 for first few miles and sixty pence there after. No top ups

IT engineer

Great place to start my IT career I have been here several months and worked on a variety of customer accounts I’ve also completed printer accredited training which is another string to my bow.The Tech division I work within has continually grown since I have been here sometimes long days but others I can finish quicker than I expected.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Can be long hours

Bad company, poor management, avoid

Poor salary, long hours, very few benefits. Poor management offering no support at branch level. High turn over of staff and usually short staffed so constantly pressured to do overtime despite the already long hours. Most departments under staffed/skilled and can't provide the service needed internally or externally. This company doesn't care about its staff at all. I wouldn't recommend to work here as an employee or a driver.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Too many to mention

Avoid like the plague

Terrible salary, pay rises frozen, minimum pension, minimum holidays, minimum sick pay, minimum life insurance and no respect.Rico should stick to their bottom feeding courier and warehouse contracts, as technical IT is way beyond their depth.

Pros

Zero pros and plenty of cons

Cons

Rather be on the doll than work for Rico

Worst company to work for, nothing to enjoy working here.. higher management only care for themselves, very selfish and very unhelpful. Everyone likes to play the blame game when something goes wrong. Higher management have their favourites and pay everyone else peanuts to 5 peoples job. No support system in this work place, expected to work long hours for less than minimum wage as everyone is on different salaries, if they can get away with paying you peanuts they will. By all means do not apply here you will only end up trapped.

Pros

Slow, dead miles and poor earning potential

Being charged for working for them, they will pay you lowest rate whenever possible. If you're working with a van don't even bother as you will be left out of pocket.

Pros

Very long breaks in between jobs

Cons

Poor pay rate

They don’t give a care about you, all they are interested in is lining there pockets

Avoid at all cost.....wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy....never worked for a company like this in my life. Everything is based on lies, lies and more lies.Even if you are in the gutter, stay there, still better than RICO....:(

Pros

Cons

All lies about the job offer...

Productive friendly atmosphere

Although fast pasted rest of team willing to help if in difficulty. Work varied so not boring. Only reason for leaving was that job was transferred to another part of company. Was asked if willing to train new team, which I was and did.

Pros

Easy to get to on public transport

Cons

Because part of group of companies not always informed about changes until approved

Throughly enjoyed my role hereVery fast paced gained a lit if experience staff and colleagues very helpful and fun to work withSad to leave fue to company changes and transitioning to indiaLost lot of colleagues

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Job uncertainty

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

You are paid the lowest possible rate, but are expected to work the longest hours, i.e. one evening per week on call from 6pm to 6am, working at least one day at weekend. Depending on what team you support, will impact on the jobs you get as management are all bigots.As a driver you are expected to sit in their car park from 6am if you want to be considered for work, however this does not guarantee work, and you could sit for 3 hours earning nothing, and then get a job worth £20, which then rules you out of more well paid runs. If you refuse a job, even if you are losing money on it, you will be penalised by not being given any work the following day,

Pros

Cons

Long hours for poor pay, management who treat you like dirt.

Jobs at Rico Logistics Ltd

See more jobs

Very varied work. Working in same day office. Good bunch of Drivers. You are under pressure to meet targets and schedules and under current Covid situation it is hard. The amount of work is never consistent and you do get manic moments but also time to catch up.

Pros

Freedom to wotk

Cons

Long hours at times and skeleton staff due to Covid

Not nice place to work for

Bosses are horrible they don't care about there drivers and if they don't like you they will do anything to stich you up and let you go they will plant stuff on you and steal from you so it looks like you lost a item and then they let you go also the wages are under minimum wage and sometimes you have to keep asking for wages to be paid in charging you money for the van each day but then you can't even use it for your own

Pros

No pros

Worst job ever

Worst job ever I do not recommend it at all, they make you work so many hours and do long travels for rubbish payments had to pay for my insurance and petrol and I end up wiv basically 5 pounds for myself This is a big scam

Cons

The whole company is a joke

If you want depression work for this company

This company rewards bad behaviour and is one of the most useless companies I have ever worked for.A lot of questionable practices were seen regularly and I'm so glad I got out of there.

Pros

Non

Cons

The whole thing

Very poor employment experience

I would definitely recommend that Rico is one employer to avoid due to the poor level of management. A courier should be dealt with fairness which is something that Rico fails to do. Hard work is not rewarded and the pay is so low that you will end up paying to work for Rico. Avoid at all costs.

Cons

Very poor pay

Total Cons

Stay away get the f**k outta here find another job total conss Also be careful if they offer you van hire dont take it its 13 weeks @ 180 work or no work

Couriers Job

Excellent delivery service with fair prices. Good members staff. It was a pleasure to work for RICO LOGISTICS LTD. I can only recommended. The delivery with respect.

Not the worst

There is a stereotype in the WH that I worked Mon-Fri were very similar. It takes a long time to learn what is what so you won't make mistakes and also solve problem yourself. Nobody is telling you what to do. There are no targets but tasks have to be done in certain time. Outbound job are not constant that this is what you'll do whole day. They come out randomly. You can go for a brew anytime. But most of the time it's busy so you have to remember what you doing because you'll be distracted and doing two or three task at the same time.

Pros

No targets, Brews at any time

Cons

No one know what they are doing.

Poor

Probably the worst company i have come across in my working life.the company on a whole are robbers they charge drivers a weekly charge of £8.40 for the app and you don't find this out until it's deducted from your invoice. you get asked for feedback and if they don't like what you say they don't respond.Anyone thinking of working for these people don't do it there are far better courier companies out there.

Pros

Cons

rip off

Productive and fun workplace

I think well when i remember working at rico logistics. There were nice and helpfull environment. this pleace was very fast paced and busy, even a bit stresfull work but my supervisor taught me and explained me everything very well what is due to my responsibilities and i was always supported. Generally it is nice pleace to work.

N/a

Long distance driving 'with such a small return to my hard work.cost of van and cost of fuel to pay in return which made the job with no profit and living cost each week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rico Logistics Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.5Job security/advancement

Compare Rico Logistics Ltd with

• Rico Logistics Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?