Rico Logistics Ltd

Rico Logistics Ltd Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.3Pay & benefits

Unpredictable locations

Ideal for those seeking to make petrol or bingo money. Paying by mileage not really my thing. Seems like a lose win situation. Definitely have to drive very long hours to make ends meet. It would have been ideal to pay by the hour.

Pros

Always seem to have work, flexible, friendly staff

Cons

You're only paid from when you pick up the parcel, paid £5 for first few miles and sixty pence there after. No top ups

nice

nice lovly place to work ,2 weeks payment is nott soo good ,weekly is a lot better for that kind of job .Be alone on the road is ok whit not so offensive managments

Bad

Not a place I would recommend not a team based place. Favouritism is the base of the work and long stressful days with bad pay. Better working somewhere else.

Bad company, poor management, avoid

Poor salary, long hours, very few benefits. Poor management offering no support at branch level. High turn over of staff and usually short staffed so constantly pressured to do overtime despite the already long hours. Most departments under staffed/skilled and can't provide the service needed internally or externally. This company doesn't care about its staff at all. I wouldn't recommend to work here as an employee or a driver.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Too many to mention

Avoid like the plague

Terrible salary, pay rises frozen, minimum pension, minimum holidays, minimum sick pay, minimum life insurance and no respect.Rico should stick to their bottom feeding courier and warehouse contracts, as technical IT is way beyond their depth.

Pros

Zero pros and plenty of cons

Disgusting management

Management is in a shocking state of disrepair. Only care about their bonus’ and do not care to help or encourage their staff members, they also have their favourites. Mainly men, as even the female members of management are sexist and prefer male workers. They give you a mountain of work which they expect you to work for peanuts, and when you ask for help because you are stressed they ignore emails, even HR. They break contract rules of increase in salary and blame it on Covid, yet they give management bonus’ without fail every month. They have made the most money because of Covid since the company started and will not show any sort of appreciation to those staff members who have helped keep the company running through the busiest periods it’s ever had. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, cheap office equipment, no teamwork, stressful and sexist

Rather be on the doll than work for Rico

Worst company to work for, nothing to enjoy working here.. higher management only care for themselves, very selfish and very unhelpful. Everyone likes to play the blame game when something goes wrong. Higher management have their favourites and pay everyone else peanuts to 5 peoples job. No support system in this work place, expected to work long hours for less than minimum wage as everyone is on different salaries, if they can get away with paying you peanuts they will. By all means do not apply here you will only end up trapped.

Pros

Slow, dead miles and poor earning potential

Being charged for working for them, they will pay you lowest rate whenever possible. If you're working with a van don't even bother as you will be left out of pocket.

Pros

Very long breaks in between jobs

Cons

Poor pay rate

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

You are paid the lowest possible rate, but are expected to work the longest hours, i.e. one evening per week on call from 6pm to 6am, working at least one day at weekend. Depending on what team you support, will impact on the jobs you get as management are all bigots.As a driver you are expected to sit in their car park from 6am if you want to be considered for work, however this does not guarantee work, and you could sit for 3 hours earning nothing, and then get a job worth £20, which then rules you out of more well paid runs. If you refuse a job, even if you are losing money on it, you will be penalised by not being given any work the following day,

Pros

Cons

Long hours for poor pay, management who treat you like dirt.

Not nice place to work for

Bosses are horrible they don't care about there drivers and if they don't like you they will do anything to stich you up and let you go they will plant stuff on you and steal from you so it looks like you lost a item and then they let you go also the wages are under minimum wage and sometimes you have to keep asking for wages to be paid in charging you money for the van each day but then you can't even use it for your own

Pros

No pros

Worst job ever

Worst job ever I do not recommend it at all, they make you work so many hours and do long travels for rubbish payments had to pay for my insurance and petrol and I end up wiv basically 5 pounds for myself This is a big scam

Cons

The whole company is a joke

N/a

Long distance driving 'with such a small return to my hard work.cost of van and cost of fuel to pay in return which made the job with no profit and living cost each week.

New Path

I started at Rico 3 months ago yes the hrs can be long but put in the hrs and you can earn a good weeks money Management have been great nothing is a problem best move i have made working with a fantastic team .

Rico driver Warrington

Rico are very nice work with. The pay can be low sometime but the ladies in office are very nice and good. I drive to long and short places and like visiting new jobs

Long hours, own vehicle gets hammered

Tried it for 6 weeks! Did a walsall to dundee! 16 hrs in total made £80 which is £5 an hour, no return job. Soul destroying. £550 was my best week worked 70 hours incuding a sunday. Take £150 for the fuel i used, take insurance out of that so £360 i earned £5 an hour. Not good. I could work in a factory earning the same, working 40 hours.

Official response from Rico Logistics Ltd

16 September 2019
Thank you for the feedback and for supplying courier services to RICO - this information is important for us to understand the perception of couriers.I have looked at this site's figures for last week can see many couriers exceeding £550, some have doubled, in one case, trebled that amount. You should expect a return journey 80% of the time, but I accept there is a skill to networking and if you can get in touch with Adam and the RICO team at Birmingham I am confident we can improve your return load ratio - should you want to do this. Please quote this note on an email to birmingham.sameday@ricogroup.co.uk and we will take it from there.

£0.50 per mile

This is not to much...I think I will stop working for this ... because...like today...I spend 8 hour ...I been in lake...and comeback empty...just for £50 ... because on my way does'n have any Rico covered depot...so...I don't won £20 for this day....if they will change the payment rate...I will continue to work...will be ok...0.75/ £1 / miles...but whit £0.50 ...you work for free!

Pros

Bad payment

Official response from Rico Logistics Ltd

2 August 2019
Hi - sorry to learn you had an unproductive day going to the Lake (District?). While most of the couriers engaged by RICO get a return journey 80% of the time, I do concede this is an area we will need to deliver occasionally for our customers with without a return leg. Thank you - for completing this journey and maintaining our service levels..In terms of mileage rates, I cannot assess whether you are a parcel car, small van or large van but can tell you when suppliers contact the management team about optimising earnings, they can usually guide you to a more productive way of working - please contact Tina or Robert directly on warrington.sameday@ricogroup.co.uk to discuss further.

If you make yourself available, it works

I work at the Gatwick depot, but go all over the country delivering anything from small envelopes to multiple pallets. If you work hard, smart and make yourself available, you can earn really good money too. Lots of miles, but plenty of work. The managers really look after you if you are reliable, and I must admit, it’s one of the nicest self employed roles I’ve done in recent years. They always pay on time without error

Pros

£££ and management

Cons

Long days

Productive place to work.

The hours can be long but like any job the more you put in the more you will get out, it isn't a 9-5 job but it is a fun place to work, nice normal people and you get a lot of freedom but as long as you are available to us it can work.

Pros

You have a lot of freedom.

Cons

Long hours but you are able to make money

Does what it say's on the tin

Worked for Rico for around two years. Earned sensible money. If you can be flexible earning potential can be excellent. Some of the guys i worked with were earning great money. I was able to work the hours that suited me and secure a good wage. I retired but am considering going back for a little extra.

If you are willing to work hard you can earn good money

After lots of heard mixed views I recently joined the Heathrow office, and I can only say I was pleasantly surprised. The guys there run the operation really well and as long as you are willing to work hard and listen to what they want you to do you will earn good money. I am paid weekly and can work the hours I want to. If you are serious about earning money you can, recommended.

Pros

Work your own hours, unlimited earning potential

Cons

Need to be willing to work hard

As couriers go Rico are good

Rico are different but once I understood how it all worked then just what I wanted. Operators mostly very good - workloads varied from steady to busy all year round

Pros

Respectful control team

Cons

Long hours if decent money needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rico Logistics Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.4Job security/advancement

Compare Rico Logistics Ltd with

• Rico Logistics Ltd
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?