RICS

RICS Employee Reviews

A good place to work with a good friendly atmosphere. Department's aren't very good at talking to each other. Really good facilities which were very easy to use.
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors is a professional body promoting and enforcing the highest international standards in the valuation, management and development of land, real estate, construction and infrastructure.
Working for the RICS was challenging but rewarding. The people here are amazing to work along side. I gained a lot of my administration experience here and am very keen to learn more.
From working as a customer serviced advisor taking inbound telephone calls from members of the RICS and also members of the public, assisting them with their query’s and supporting them to my best ability. Tasks I would undertake on a daily basis: -Answering inbound telephone calls -Responding to emails from customers -Providing invoice/receipts to customers -Taking payment for the members subscription -Updating details on the customer’s account
Pros
9am-5pm Hours
Busy company with global aspirations to build standards across the built environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work there.
Pros
Good local location
Cons
Moving somewhere else
I have gained a lot of valuable experience working here. The hours are good and the general office atmosphere is great. There are a lot of great benefits of working for this company.
Had a great time and learned alot. I was only there for a week however and was only year 12 work experience. It was also a great working environment and everyone was very kind.
Daily tasks involved call handling inbound and out bound calls, dealing with customer inquiries. Calling logging and meeting individual and team targets. Achieving KPI's for phone activity. I was able to learn a great deal from this role. Skills ranged from learning how to deal with a number of queries at once due to busy and demanding working environment. Also learnt how to prioritise my workload which has been a very useful tool. Working in a team of 25 colleagues was a real enjoyable experience as I had opportunities to work with large groups of people or individually. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my first irate customer. This was an experience that through me at first however, with the support of my colleagues and team leader this was dealt with and resolved as per company guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the fact that I could deal with irate customers all day as I developed a personal understanding of how to express empathy and control the situation - this was a rather rewarding and proud achievement.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RICS?