Right at Home Solent

Right at Home Solent Employee Reviews

Great people from the beginning

from the moment I applied for the job role as a care giver I was always kept up to date with the application process. all the staff members are very understanding and easy to get along with. I have been provided with the correct training and all the knowledge I need to be ready to go out into work.

Listen and learn together

Great place to work, honest open and will to progress you to where you want to be. Great pay, 4 weekly pay, great caregivers to work alongside.Very good office culture, hard working and will listen , help and do the best they can for you.Working in care is hard at the best of times, but right at home help hand down.

Pros

Pay

Great Place to Work!!!

All staff are really great! Really nice to work. Training is extensive and interesting. Really amazing to see how much this company focuses on the well-being of their employees.

Top Dog in Care

Cool company to work for, supportive, listen, help, and the office team who works out our weekly calls try very hard under great pressure to please not only is caregivers but most importantly the clients. These guys are amazing. Been in care for a few years, but been here for just under two years and never looked back.Management/ owners amazing, supportive again, listen and will response direct usually within one day. Top rates of pay, this helps tremendously with cost of living theses days and never a problem with 4 week pay dates. Would recommend anyone that’s wants the best job ever to apply.

Pros

Great high pay rates

Cons

Fun, serious when needed, top employer

Work very hard to maintain the outstanding standards CQC, friendly other caregivers, great clients, the office go to great lengths to make you feel part of the team with coffee catch ups. I was very nervous at first but after full training and support now settled in. Get regular hours as requested at interview, zero hours works for me, but guarantee hours available if your willing to commitment and it pays well.Like I did great office team, superb caregivers, clients make you job the best ever.

Pros

Support and free coffee & cake afternoons

Cons

Nil

Super place, 5 star

Working for right at home is amazing, support, clients , pay, staff including office super.Pay very well, more than the normal.Never looked back 100% happy and you too should jump on board!!5 star & outstanding

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lovely company to work for !

I have been working for right at home for about 7 months now, my time here has gone very quickly mainly due to my fantastic clients.The support for the office is amazing, so organised and always looking to improve communication and work procedures. Very warm welcome when you pop into the office for PPE or just a chat. Lovely cup of tea and always offered a cake or biscuit.I have worked in care for a few years and this company really does deserve every award we win. Here’s to many more years ahead. Keep it up guys x

Pros

Friendly & open & honest

Pride and passion

Top rate of payFull interview and makes you thinkVery good inductionSupportive head office with excellent staff On-site training with clients full support with a fellow caregiverFull pay when trading, plus induction bonusOpen office , with tea, coffee biscuits and sometime cake

Pros

Excellent clients and training & full support

Cons

None, if you’ve been in care before you will notice the difference

Always looking to improve for the caregivers and clients

I have been working for right at home solent got 2 years, over the past 15 months the office have become not only better, but very supportive, much more interaction like coffee and cake afternoons with us. The schedulers have a very hard job , with over 90 caregivers to please every week, the communication we get every Friday and the few question we are asked are very good. Well thought out, funny, like the one every one who reply’s one of the office team will eat a donut, I would think over 50 would have been required.At the end of the day, we are here for out clients and it excellent to know that the office staff are there for us, pay very good rates, never had an issue on pay day, unlike my last company I worked for.I get great hours, works well for me and my family life, grandchildren etc.

Pros

Full days off, split shifts if you want

Cons

PPE in hot weather, not company’s fault

Excellent culture

Induction good, trainer excellent. Alot to cover in three days. All the staff very helpful and supportive. Interview casual and friendly, alot of communication and explanation through out the whole recruitment process.

Pros

Free lunch and drinks .Everything explained clearly .

Cons

Longer induction may be needed for those who have never done care work before .

Jobs at Right at Home Solent

See more jobs

Friendly and very welcoming

A very friendly and welcoming group of people who go out of their way to make you feel like part of the team and get you started straight away. From the interview and throughout the training you are made to feel valued and that your needs are just as important as everyone else's from management to office staff to your fellow care givers.

Pros

•Flexibility with hours and knowing you have support on hand whenever you need it.

Welcoming and supportive

The level of support that I have received through the whole process has been great, I’ve had more support through my training than I’ve ever had working for months at another company. Management seem friendly and staff seem really happy to work for the company, sounds more like a big family than work, I can’t wait to carry on and get stuck in

Pros

A lot of support

Best company I've worked for, but struggle under stress

Right At Home Solent is a company that I enjoy working for about 90-95% of the time. It is nice to feel like my thoughts and feedback matters (for the most part). It can be a hard and emotionally heavy job, but if you: have a car, enjoy driving for work and love an independent style of working, consider giving this a go. You get to meet some lovely people and make a difference to people's lives.My main issue with this company however is about communication and work life balance; the two go out the window when the office is under stress. Often I feel overwhelmed with texts asking for OT, and the wording used places blame and pressure on you. This has been raised many a time but I have seen no real change. I can say no to OT, but I worry for those that struggle or expect the office to always respect their availability. The people in the office though are all lovely people.A good job, and the best company I've worked for to date, but the cracks really show under pressure.

Pros

Minimum call time of 1hr, having your work appreciated (magic moments), higher pay rate than average, using care app to log visits, everyone is a joy to speak to on the phone!

Cons

Have to say 'no' (often more than once) to OT when it's too much, poor work/life balance at times, can feel overwhelming, unpaid travel time (excluding mileage).

Best Decision I Made!

I have worked for a couple of care companies prior to working at Right at Home. All I can say is applying for the job was the best decision I made. I started as a caregiver and was able to quickly become part of the office team. The training and support I received from the management team was amazing, they were always there answering any questions I had. I was made to feel very comfortable and welcomed into the team. They have noticed other skills I have and are right behind you, pushing you harder to progress your career and further your knowledge. They urge you to come forward with your ideas and are always there cheering you on. The management team is the best I’ve worked with and couldn’t be more supportive if they tried. They are just as keen for your career to progress and are always around to support the caregivers and answer any questions they have. Becoming a part of the Right at Home family is the best way to further you skills and join the best working environment possible. It was the best decision I made!

Pros

Supportive office team

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

My summary says it all from the very first phone call to the recruitment team to the last stage on boarding after induction what a treat. Oh boy can I say induction, three days intense Learning but you learn, you learn the ways, the right at home ways , your taught how team works pulls you together so your all working on the same page you get confidence that you never knew you had, they want you to grow inspire and become the best you can be. 100% professional this is the kind of stuff you get taught in University business models on how to succeed and this is the first time ever and I mean ever I’ve experienced such a brilliant well thought out interview approach, induction, and working with the office start to ensure your ready to meet the clients. Oh and did I mention very, very good rate of pay and all the great benefits you get as well.

Pros

Ice cream at induction, chilled drinks available

Cons

Induction could bring 1 day longer

Friendly Relaxed culture, an organisation that looks after their staff as much as they do there clients

Efficient process from job application to screening to interview to induction training (all within a week) friendly and competent office staff, relaxed atmosphere that puts you at ease. The best induction training I’ve ever had! Sets you up well to feel confident that you know the back ground of the company and who is who in the office. The induction is jam packed with important information and presented in a fun interactive way. Was made to feel welcome right from the start. Incredibly well organised!

Pros

Friendly Relaxed culture and competent & organised office staff and management

Cons

I didn’t find this company sooner!

Review of Interview & Induction Process

I’ve only come through the induction process so far but it has been excellently organised, friendly, informative but inclusive and informal. By day 2 we had met the company Director abs multiple people in the HO team. Ice creams were delivered due to the heat, very detailed discussions on the function of the business and the job role, catering to all ages and experience. Impressive - looking forward to the last day and starting.

Pros

Open forum, short bursts with different people and subjects, refreshments, teamwork, small groups

Cons

Nothing Right At Home could control - hot weather!!

Amazing

Wow, wow wowGreat company to be associated with, very professional from start to finish. Interview was a little bit tricky with some very good questions.Induction in depth , and very good quality. Good rate of pay.Good hours.Good communication from the office.

Pros

Pay

Cons

You can learn a great deal here

Fantastic company, very professional from interview to induction. I have worked for other company’s, but tight at home go above and beyond there duty of care, not only for the customer bit also the employees. Great pay, great staff, excellent training. You would be daft not to come here for employment.

Pros

No uniform- smart casual dress

Cons

Can’t fault

Super

My first experience of a care company and boy they don’t disappoint.First phone call with recruitment - AmazingInterview, made me feel relaxed - spot onTraining Induction - 3 days very proficient So far my shadowing is first classLovely clientsGreat office team full of supportWonderful future

Pros

Coffee, cake at induction

Supportive, caring and fun

They are in the business of care. They care about their staff and clients. I have worked for other care agencies and if a member of my family needed care Right At Home Solent would be my choice!.

Pros

Excellent Training

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right at Home Solent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8

4.7Job security/advancement
  • Right at Home Solent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?