Right at Home Solent

Right at Home Solent Employee Reviews

United Kingdom96 reviews

inductioncaregiverlovelyclientinterviewsupportiveofficesupport

Caring, supportive

An excellent company to work for knowing your clients needs, concerns and care-plans are met and addressed immediately via an app on your phone or a call to the office. By far the best company I’ve worked for in this field. The Owners, management and office team are friendly, understanding and very supportive.

Pros

Friendly, Supportive, relaxed, good rate of pay and fuel mileage

Stressful but lovely clients/carers

Clients are jammed in so close together sometimes that the travel time with the distance between isn’t enough, you’re guaranteed to be late a lot. The hours worked are so mixed up you could be doing a 7am start shift with only 6 hours in a day of clients and not finish till 9pm not including driving there and home which is exhausting and then start early again the next day. Random breaks inbetween but sometimes not enough time to travel home, eat or even have a toilet break. Lovely clients just a shame the company can’t cater for the needs of their employees more as that’s what they preach to you when you are interviewed/trained. Big rule is never say yes if you are sure you don’t want to cover clients for them otherwise they will then call you or text you constantly asking you to cover clients even on days off, can be upto 5 times.

Pros

Free training, Lovely Clients/Carers

Cons

Long hours even though scheduled for a 6hr shift

Insights into Right at Home Solent

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

amazing company

very organised company, respectful towards there staff, fun, motivated to teach us information that we don’t already know. Make you feel very comfortable

Pros

great staff

amazing company

Pros

great staff

Friendly, professional, accommodating and supportive

My Right at Home Solent journey has been fantastic so far, from recruitment to induction. Staff are welcoming and friendly, accommodating and supported by strong leadership. It is obvious that they care passionately about their service which is not only reflected in the care of their clients but also in the care of their employees. I haven’t previously worked in care but am confident I will receive excellent support and training from Right at Home. And their e-learning is some of the best I’ve experienced.

A great place to work

I have been with Right at Home for 6 years. I started as an administrator but soon promoted to office manager and I have never looked back.I was looking for my forever job and I certainly have found it. Being treated as person and not as a number means so much. Being a creative person, having my ideas listened to put into practice and seeing the success they create is very rewarding.

Pros

Pay, teamwork, friendly working environment

5* dom care company

Right at Home Solent is an amazing company to work for. The induction process is great, well thought out and very informative and you are made to feel so welcome with a lunch provided. The office team are all so friendly and always go out of their way to help you. It's such an inclusive place to work and what you think is really taken on bored you aren't just a number in Right at Home. I just went through a very difficult time and all the management were all so supportive and were all there to help me and have a chat with me whenever I needed.

Caring and rewarding

Great to work for and do listen and act on feedback. Happy to give a very good review and would encourage others to apply. Staff at RAH are very approachable and friendly and whenever I've had an issue it has been dealt with and provided me with an honest answer if it couldn't be dealt with straight away

Very friendly and family feeling company.

Right at home is very comfortable working with company. Introduction training is full of useful information what makes you feel confident and gives you most of needed knowledge and information.

Well detailed information and manual training. Intense.

I had a very good interview, felt very relaxed, very comfortable. The induction was quite imformative and I my mind was refreshed about some things I learned previously. I also learned new skills and terms and I look forward to continuous training and support from all members of staff.

High standards , great team good fun !

I have returned to caring after thirty years. I’m no spring chicken and had lots of uncertainty and anxieties . I had been acutely aware of the unjust lack of status of the care industry pre covid and the poor attitude of firms who rate profits over people. However at Right at Home Solent visits are a minimum of an hour , employees are valued with training, support, mileage allownce and competitive wages. From what I have seen to date in practice clients and staff are valued and supported through all aspects of care providing and training. When I met the Managing Directors of Right at home Solent I left my interview feeling positive and excited about working for them. I really felt that standards matter and that they champion the best interests of the clients. I feel that all the Management Team at right at home aim for this balance . I have only worked for right at home for a month and I feel part of something more than just another care provider. I feel inspired . I’m really enjoying it.I am still in my shadowing phase and out with other carers meeting clients and delivering care. As a returner with dated skills and techniques I feel supported with my return. The three day training/ induction was fun and very informative. We covered lots of practical topics and had time to air our own concerns and fears. I was on this course with experienced carers and trainers and was able to learn from them all over the three day process for which I was paid and fed!!I have felt challenged, it’s not all plain sailing , I’m on a learning curve and there is a lot to learn -

Pros

Training support wages

Cons

Just The usual strains of a new job / lots to learn and remember

Flexible

Best thing for me is flexible working hours around home life. Regular updates and training from the office As and when it’s needed.Nothings too much to ask

Considerate, Welcoming, Helpful, Funny and Kind

I have worked for Right At Home Solent for over 2 years now and have many years experience within Health and Social Care. I would highly recommend Right At Home Solent - you will be supported to learn, encouraged to progress and meet really wonderful people. You are definitely in the Right Place if you join Right At Home Solent. Just ‘pick up the phone’ or email to apply you will be welcomed into a fantastic team and get to meet some genuinely lovely people

Pros

Well paid, Supportive, Career progression opportunities Fantastic Team Work

Very relaxed inviroment

I have only done my training so far ,but I am looking Forward to starting work with right at home . All staff I have met so far are very friendly and helpful.

Caregiver

Right at home solent is the most rewarding job to have. To help others to live the closest to normality possible is the best feeling. Right at home solent is a really friendly environment and offer extensive training to give the best care.

Encouraging and passionate team

I've recently started employment and can't praise the team at the Fareham branch enough for creating such a welcoming and encouraging atmosphere. Everyone is treated equally and given the time they need to continuously learn and develop their care skills.

Very friendly

Very friendly always here to help you when and if you need them. Great company to work for. Make everyone feel very comfortable and all very friendly

Pros

Good pay and travel money

Very fun productive team !

All the staff are welcoming and very open communication with a very informative in-depth induction about care. I got all my questions answered in the most professional way.

Everyone at Right at Home Solent is so lovely. They really care about you as a person and how your doing. As a job I feel as though the day flies by and is so enjoyable. Great staff and such a family feel.

Pros

Great people

Easy and fun

This place is very friendly all the staff get in really well and management are more than approachable.If you fancy a new challenge with a forward thinking company give them a go

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long days sometimes

Not good for hours. Travel miles apart to clients

Taining was good but again if you stay out from Fareham you have to travel there for training. Would not recommend if this was you're only income. Not reliable hours you get a scheulde a week before and it changes alot. You can not work out how much you will earn each month as one week you may have lots of hours then the next not many. Tavel not great 25p a mile does not cover the fuel can spend atleast £60 a week on fuel doing about 20/30 hrs a week. client to client you travel all over sometimes 20 miles apart in a day you can travel about 100 miles a day.Pay is good but again you can be out at 9am till 9pm a 12 hour shift you wouldn't get payed 12 hrs you may only get 7 calls in and payed for the 7hrs as the other 5 hrs are travel time or gaps between clients. Management all good and did help shame it is zero hours and the distance between clients costs alot in fuel. Generally would not recommend as you spend to much on fuel and out all day not to be earning all the hours your out. As i see it you are travelling to one place to another still classed as working so should be payed for the time you start to the time you finnish not just payed when with a client.

Pros

Good pay when you spent a few hours with 1 client.

Cons

Long travel hit and miss with hours. Not a stable income. Spend to much on fuel. No holiday pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right at Home Solent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement