Right at Home Solent

Fareham33 reviews

Insights into Right at Home Solent

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Great choice

From my first contact to induction to starting with the clients, the company gave me so much support.Wages very good, £12.33 ph Monday to Friday.4 weekly pay. Really nice staff in office. Generally get the hours a want with no problems.Honestly can say they are a really great company, wish I could name names, but super guys to work for.

Pros

Free lunch at induction

Cons

Nil

Not good for hours. Travel miles apart to clients

Taining was good but again if you stay out from Fareham you have to travel there for training. Would not recommend if this was you're only income. Not reliable hours you get a scheulde a week before and it changes alot. You can not work out how much you will earn each month as one week you may have lots of hours then the next not many. Tavel not great 25p a mile does not cover the fuel can spend atleast £60 a week on fuel doing about 20/30 hrs a week. client to client you travel all over sometimes 20 miles apart in a day you can travel about 100 miles a day.Pay is good but again you can be out at 9am till 9pm a 12 hour shift you wouldn't get payed 12 hrs you may only get 7 calls in and payed for the 7hrs as the other 5 hrs are travel time or gaps between clients. Management all good and did help shame it is zero hours and the distance between clients costs alot in fuel. Generally would not recommend as you spend to much on fuel and out all day not to be earning all the hours your out. As i see it you are travelling to one place to another still classed as working so should be payed for the time you start to the time you finnish not just payed when with a client.

Pros

Good pay when you spent a few hours with 1 client.

Cons

Long travel hit and miss with hours. Not a stable income. Spend to much on fuel. No holiday pay

Great Place to Work!!!

All staff are really great! Really nice to work. Training is extensive and interesting. Really amazing to see how much this company focuses on the well-being of their employees.

Fun, serious when needed, top employer

Work very hard to maintain the outstanding standards CQC, friendly other caregivers, great clients, the office go to great lengths to make you feel part of the team with coffee catch ups. I was very nervous at first but after full training and support now settled in. Get regular hours as requested at interview, zero hours works for me, but guarantee hours available if your willing to commitment and it pays well.Like I did great office team, superb caregivers, clients make you job the best ever.

Pros

Support and free coffee & cake afternoons

Cons

Nil

Super place, 5 star

Working for right at home is amazing, support, clients , pay, staff including office super.Pay very well, more than the normal.Never looked back 100% happy and you too should jump on board!!5 star & outstanding

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lovely company to work for !

I have been working for right at home for about 7 months now, my time here has gone very quickly mainly due to my fantastic clients.The support for the office is amazing, so organised and always looking to improve communication and work procedures. Very warm welcome when you pop into the office for PPE or just a chat. Lovely cup of tea and always offered a cake or biscuit.I have worked in care for a few years and this company really does deserve every award we win. Here’s to many more years ahead. Keep it up guys x

Pros

Friendly & open & honest

Cons

Always looking to improve for the caregivers and clients

I have been working for right at home solent got 2 years, over the past 15 months the office have become not only better, but very supportive, much more interaction like coffee and cake afternoons with us. The schedulers have a very hard job , with over 90 caregivers to please every week, the communication we get every Friday and the few question we are asked are very good. Well thought out, funny, like the one every one who reply’s one of the office team will eat a donut, I would think over 50 would have been required.At the end of the day, we are here for out clients and it excellent to know that the office staff are there for us, pay very good rates, never had an issue on pay day, unlike my last company I worked for.I get great hours, works well for me and my family life, grandchildren etc.

Pros

Full days off, split shifts if you want

Cons

PPE in hot weather, not company’s fault

Best Decision I Made!

I have worked for a couple of care companies prior to working at Right at Home. All I can say is applying for the job was the best decision I made. I started as a caregiver and was able to quickly become part of the office team. The training and support I received from the management team was amazing, they were always there answering any questions I had. I was made to feel very comfortable and welcomed into the team. They have noticed other skills I have and are right behind you, pushing you harder to progress your career and further your knowledge. They urge you to come forward with your ideas and are always there cheering you on. The management team is the best I’ve worked with and couldn’t be more supportive if they tried. They are just as keen for your career to progress and are always around to support the caregivers and answer any questions they have. Becoming a part of the Right at Home family is the best way to further you skills and join the best working environment possible. It was the best decision I made!

Pros

Supportive office team

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

My summary says it all from the very first phone call to the recruitment team to the last stage on boarding after induction what a treat. Oh boy can I say induction, three days intense Learning but you learn, you learn the ways, the right at home ways , your taught how team works pulls you together so your all working on the same page you get confidence that you never knew you had, they want you to grow inspire and become the best you can be. 100% professional this is the kind of stuff you get taught in University business models on how to succeed and this is the first time ever and I mean ever I’ve experienced such a brilliant well thought out interview approach, induction, and working with the office start to ensure your ready to meet the clients. Oh and did I mention very, very good rate of pay and all the great benefits you get as well.

Pros

Ice cream at induction, chilled drinks available

Cons

Induction could bring 1 day longer

Amazing

Wow, wow wowGreat company to be associated with, very professional from start to finish. Interview was a little bit tricky with some very good questions.Induction in depth , and very good quality. Good rate of pay.Good hours.Good communication from the office.

Pros

Pay

Super

My first experience of a care company and boy they don’t disappoint.First phone call with recruitment - AmazingInterview, made me feel relaxed - spot onTraining Induction - 3 days very proficient So far my shadowing is first classLovely clientsGreat office team full of supportWonderful future

Pros

Coffee, cake at induction

Never look back

Well I started working here 8 months ago, what an experience. I setting in my role very quickly, with great support from the team leaders and office.My day consist of making sure my clients are looked after and living their best life possible.The work ethic is great, the balance even better. My clients are the best ever.Pay amazing. You can live on a wage here, unlike some others, 4 weekly pay.Love my work, love my clients love my life, so happy now I made the right choice.

Pros

Work life balance

Best by far

Supportive from the first phone callInduction first classOn boarding quick and informative Clients super Pay excellentManagement excellent Office staff super helpful Overall the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for.

Pros

Excellent pay, super office structure

Top-tier company 👌

Right at home solent is a great company to work for! Since working here the team have helped me grow and become confident in my role. Management and Office staff are very supportive which makes a big difference. They get stuck in and help out with clients when things are tough! They are very flexible with working hours and feel it’s very important to have a good work life balance. RAH are very passionate about client continuity meaning you see the same clients and are able to build a bond with them. The minimum call time is 1 hour which I feel really benefits the clients. RAH has a no stranger policy- meaning that you always meet the client to make yourself and them feel at ease. RAH has mandatory training but also offer extra training if you wanted. Overall I feel that RAH are a 10/10 company and I would recommend them to people needing care/support AND people wanting to develop their carers at an ace care company!

Pros

Pay, work life balance, friendly office team, progression, training

Excellent place to work

Competitive rates of payFlexible hoursFriendly and supportive management team Well structured Internal and external trainingGood career prospects

Pros

Flexibility

Love it!

RAH is such a great place to work. Within my first year I progressed twice, and the management supported me every step of the way. They are so flexible with availability and keep continuity with clients so you can build a great rappor. The office staff are so welcoming and are there if you need to chat or rant.

Pros

Pay, progression.

Best By Far

I started with Right at Home Solent thinking it was just like the others, boy was I wrong. From my fist initial contact, right through to job offer, induction and training was second to none. They call it on boarding, well have never heard of this, but what a brilliant idea. I sat down with one of the schedule team, and she presents a giant screen on the training room wall. We spent about 90 minutes going through potential new client that I would be visiting, whilst shadowing along side a fulling trained caregiver. May I also ad with full pay! Unlike another company I won’t mention. Today the whole office team have been super, nothing is to much of a problem. The schedulers are trim to their word, communication , hours, clients spot on. I even got a call from the business owner in my third week just to see how I was doing and asking what seemed genuinely nice questioned about and my family. I will be staying here for and giving my full support to such a wonderful company.

Pros

4 weekly pay, good hourly rate

Cons

The best company to work for

Excellent employer that cares for its staff and clients. Supportive work culture. Staff perks and events. Fun team to work with. Great management. Excellent work ethos. Great training.

Pros

Supportive employer

Friendly, committed, outstanding

Right at home Solent is a great company, the hours are good and gives you flexability for home life balance as well.I have learnt a lot from Right at home and they have given me skills to be able to progress in my career.Management is good and supportive - there is always someone to talk to.The hardest part of the job is losing clients when they pass away or move to a care home.I love been able to see people's journey;s and be able to help them get there.

Rela and very supportive

After several telephone conversations with the Recruitment Team, I was invited to attend a 3 day training course. I met with other new recruits and the office staff. Everybody was very welcoming, and we managed to sort out any problems we had along the way in terms of our paperwork, learning and finding out how we would be working. The system of shadowing current workers until you feel confident is a very good idea and gave me the confidence to feel that I would be supported at all times.

Pros

Good support team

Cons

None at the moment

Wow, outstanding all round

Absolutely amazing from start to finish, office support the best I’ve ever witnessed. Recruitment process second to none. Honest open and very welcoming. Wish I had applied years ago.

Pros

Amazing support

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right at Home Solent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7