Right at Home Solent

Right at Home Solent Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Insights into Right at Home Solent

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Always improving standards

This company, Right at Home are great to work for. I am very happy to say I’m part of such a fantastic team. The company are always looking to improve things, just to make things easier, like communication, brilliant, never have I worked for a company that want you to succeed, right from the very beginning.Greta team , great support, great pay, outstanding all round !

Pros

Pay good

Cons

Nil

Great people from the beginning

from the moment I applied for the job role as a care giver I was always kept up to date with the application process. all the staff members are very understanding and easy to get along with. I have been provided with the correct training and all the knowledge I need to be ready to go out into work.

Excellent culture

Induction good, trainer excellent. Alot to cover in three days. All the staff very helpful and supportive. Interview casual and friendly, alot of communication and explanation through out the whole recruitment process.

Pros

Free lunch and drinks .Everything explained clearly .

Cons

Longer induction may be needed for those who have never done care work before .

The grass is definitely greener with this OUTSTANDING company

My typical day with Right at Home Solent consists of about 6 hours a day, that’s 6 one hour calls in the clients home. I even receive a mileage allowance in between client visits, a short drive around 5-10 minutes, sometimes longer but if you call the office team they call ahead and advise the client if running late due to traffic, weather, so much support from HQ.Management encourage, support, train, and really impress me. They listen, will look into any problems that may arise and address there and then, that’s right, usually within a day it’s all sorted, none of this two to three weeks and nothing still not followed up.I was really impressed from the first phone call, with the passion and drive with the recruitment team, again nothing was to much trouble. I must have asked 10 questions over a few days whilst waiting for my interview, and every question was answered not only well, but in-depth, with reassurance that I would get support for weeks to come, including a personal calls to ensure I was setting in , as I was very nervous due to being new to care, but true to their words a got calls every week. Exceptional support.The hardest part of my job is saying good bye after my visits, such lovely clients, seeing my clients happy and full of happiness makes it had to leave. But you soon learn to be strong. Lastly mentioning staying strong, if you have any doubts mentally, then there is a mental health first aide on site in Fareham to help, advise and make sure your a doing great. I can not recommend this company enough. Oh did I mention the 4 weekly pay, your reward -

Pros

Highly paid hourly rate, Brilliant clients

Cons

Not enough spare time in my hectic home life to work more hours

I enjoy working at Right At HomeThere is a teamwork atmosphere and the office staff are really supportiveThe clients are lovelyLocal PPE drops and little treats are a nice touch

Pros

Your independently working in community

Wow, outstanding all round

Absolutely amazing from start to finish, office support the best I’ve ever witnessed. Recruitment process second to none. Honest open and very welcoming. Wish I had applied years ago.

Pros

Amazing support

Brilliant Induction and Training

At Right at Home, everything is properly managed in a friendly and supportive environment. All employees are happy to be working at Right at Home and genuinely enjoy the aid of the elderly. The training was detailed and practical, which gives the employee a clear example of what he or she shall expect to learn to do and get the hang of. It's also nice that there's a diversity in the ages of the workers.

Pros

zero hour contract

Cons

a lot of moving

A brilliant company to help put the needs of others first.

Thorough training is provided before starting this job so even if you have no previous experience you are still eligiable and well equipt for any tasks that you may come across. They always put the clients needs and wants above anything else, allowing them support in their own independence as much as possible which I feel is a great value to have. When working they are also always there to help you if it is ever needed.

Pros

Get paid to do something good for others.

Cons

Don't get a set start-finish time pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right at Home Solent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8