Right at Home Solent

Right at Home Solent Job security & advancement reviews

United Kingdom79 reviews

Clear
4.7Job security & advancement

Great people from the beginning

from the moment I applied for the job role as a care giver I was always kept up to date with the application process. all the staff members are very understanding and easy to get along with. I have been provided with the correct training and all the knowledge I need to be ready to go out into work.

Great Place to Work!!!

All staff are really great! Really nice to work. Training is extensive and interesting. Really amazing to see how much this company focuses on the well-being of their employees.

Insights into Right at Home Solent

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Always looking to improve for the caregivers and clients

I have been working for right at home solent got 2 years, over the past 15 months the office have become not only better, but very supportive, much more interaction like coffee and cake afternoons with us. The schedulers have a very hard job , with over 90 caregivers to please every week, the communication we get every Friday and the few question we are asked are very good. Well thought out, funny, like the one every one who reply’s one of the office team will eat a donut, I would think over 50 would have been required.At the end of the day, we are here for out clients and it excellent to know that the office staff are there for us, pay very good rates, never had an issue on pay day, unlike my last company I worked for.I get great hours, works well for me and my family life, grandchildren etc.

Pros

Full days off, split shifts if you want

Cons

PPE in hot weather, not company’s fault

Excellent culture

Induction good, trainer excellent. Alot to cover in three days. All the staff very helpful and supportive. Interview casual and friendly, alot of communication and explanation through out the whole recruitment process.

Pros

Free lunch and drinks .Everything explained clearly .

Cons

Longer induction may be needed for those who have never done care work before .

Welcoming and supportive

The level of support that I have received through the whole process has been great, I’ve had more support through my training than I’ve ever had working for months at another company. Management seem friendly and staff seem really happy to work for the company, sounds more like a big family than work, I can’t wait to carry on and get stuck in

Pros

A lot of support

Best company I've worked for, but struggle under stress

Right At Home Solent is a company that I enjoy working for about 90-95% of the time. It is nice to feel like my thoughts and feedback matters (for the most part). It can be a hard and emotionally heavy job, but if you: have a car, enjoy driving for work and love an independent style of working, consider giving this a go. You get to meet some lovely people and make a difference to people's lives.My main issue with this company however is about communication and work life balance; the two go out the window when the office is under stress. Often I feel overwhelmed with texts asking for OT, and the wording used places blame and pressure on you. This has been raised many a time but I have seen no real change. I can say no to OT, but I worry for those that struggle or expect the office to always respect their availability. The people in the office though are all lovely people.A good job, and the best company I've worked for to date, but the cracks really show under pressure.

Pros

Minimum call time of 1hr, having your work appreciated (magic moments), higher pay rate than average, using care app to log visits, everyone is a joy to speak to on the phone!

Cons

Have to say 'no' (often more than once) to OT when it's too much, poor work/life balance at times, can feel overwhelming, unpaid travel time (excluding mileage).

Best Decision I Made!

I have worked for a couple of care companies prior to working at Right at Home. All I can say is applying for the job was the best decision I made. I started as a caregiver and was able to quickly become part of the office team. The training and support I received from the management team was amazing, they were always there answering any questions I had. I was made to feel very comfortable and welcomed into the team. They have noticed other skills I have and are right behind you, pushing you harder to progress your career and further your knowledge. They urge you to come forward with your ideas and are always there cheering you on. The management team is the best I’ve worked with and couldn’t be more supportive if they tried. They are just as keen for your career to progress and are always around to support the caregivers and answer any questions they have. Becoming a part of the Right at Home family is the best way to further you skills and join the best working environment possible. It was the best decision I made!

Pros

Supportive office team

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

My summary says it all from the very first phone call to the recruitment team to the last stage on boarding after induction what a treat. Oh boy can I say induction, three days intense Learning but you learn, you learn the ways, the right at home ways , your taught how team works pulls you together so your all working on the same page you get confidence that you never knew you had, they want you to grow inspire and become the best you can be. 100% professional this is the kind of stuff you get taught in University business models on how to succeed and this is the first time ever and I mean ever I’ve experienced such a brilliant well thought out interview approach, induction, and working with the office start to ensure your ready to meet the clients. Oh and did I mention very, very good rate of pay and all the great benefits you get as well.

Pros

Ice cream at induction, chilled drinks available

Cons

Induction could bring 1 day longer

Friendly Relaxed culture, an organisation that looks after their staff as much as they do there clients

Efficient process from job application to screening to interview to induction training (all within a week) friendly and competent office staff, relaxed atmosphere that puts you at ease. The best induction training I’ve ever had! Sets you up well to feel confident that you know the back ground of the company and who is who in the office. The induction is jam packed with important information and presented in a fun interactive way. Was made to feel welcome right from the start. Incredibly well organised!

Pros

Friendly Relaxed culture and competent & organised office staff and management

Cons

I didn’t find this company sooner!

Amazing

Wow, wow wowGreat company to be associated with, very professional from start to finish. Interview was a little bit tricky with some very good questions.Induction in depth , and very good quality. Good rate of pay.Good hours.Good communication from the office.

Pros

Pay

Cons

You can learn a great deal here

Fantastic company, very professional from interview to induction. I have worked for other company’s, but tight at home go above and beyond there duty of care, not only for the customer bit also the employees. Great pay, great staff, excellent training. You would be daft not to come here for employment.

Pros

No uniform- smart casual dress

Cons

Can’t fault

Super

My first experience of a care company and boy they don’t disappoint.First phone call with recruitment - AmazingInterview, made me feel relaxed - spot onTraining Induction - 3 days very proficient So far my shadowing is first classLovely clientsGreat office team full of supportWonderful future

Pros

Coffee, cake at induction

Super Induction, First class

Right at Home gave me a chance of employment, after others turned me away for my tattoos. It’s the kindest company I have ever worked for, the recruiting team Wes brilliant. I though I would fail at the final hurdle on interviews, the person interviewing was top class, made me laugh, relax, support and encourage me to do well, and=d helped me get focused towards the clients anf]d setting my seals a goal to achieve.The structure in the company is also first class, but then when the recruitment team are this super cool and very good at what they do what do you expect.I only work nights, but I can swap and change if needed. The night rate is very good, nearly if not the best around.I’m really excited about my future here and can’t wait to have our summer bbq , COVID permitting.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Outstanding is hard to maintain

Super smashing great, best company ever

Fun, exciting, great team to work for. From amazing clients to amazing owners, office support overwhelming. Nothing is to much trouble. Pay top notch, with a pay review next month !. Training is very well presented. Detail spot on. Hardest part of job is not wanting to over work yourself , as it can be so much fun with the clients, it’s not just a job, it’s my life and career.

Pros

Brilliant pay, highest in Hampshire, but it’s not about the money....

Cons

COVID still restricts our get together’ s.

Supportive and caring company

After i learnt about this company and after my interview i thought this place was too good to be true. But they’re great. Lovely staff and managers, they stand by great values and safeguarding! They also do more than compromise for your personal life. They really do care and check you have a good balance going between work life and home life. :)

Pros

good pay, supportive staff

Cons

idk

Excellent place to work

Competitive rates of payFlexible hoursFriendly and supportive management team Well structured Internal and external trainingGood career prospects

Pros

Flexibility

Best By Far

I started with Right at Home Solent thinking it was just like the others, boy was I wrong. From my fist initial contact, right through to job offer, induction and training was second to none. They call it on boarding, well have never heard of this, but what a brilliant idea. I sat down with one of the schedule team, and she presents a giant screen on the training room wall. We spent about 90 minutes going through potential new client that I would be visiting, whilst shadowing along side a fulling trained caregiver. May I also ad with full pay! Unlike another company I won’t mention. Today the whole office team have been super, nothing is to much of a problem. The schedulers are trim to their word, communication , hours, clients spot on. I even got a call from the business owner in my third week just to see how I was doing and asking what seemed genuinely nice questioned about and my family. I will be staying here for and giving my full support to such a wonderful company.

Pros

4 weekly pay, good hourly rate

Friendly, committed, outstanding

Right at home Solent is a great company, the hours are good and gives you flexability for home life balance as well.I have learnt a lot from Right at home and they have given me skills to be able to progress in my career.Management is good and supportive - there is always someone to talk to.The hardest part of the job is losing clients when they pass away or move to a care home.I love been able to see people's journey;s and be able to help them get there.

Wow, outstanding all round

Absolutely amazing from start to finish, office support the best I’ve ever witnessed. Recruitment process second to none. Honest open and very welcoming. Wish I had applied years ago.

Pros

Amazing support

Cons

A genuine caring and supportive company

I have only just started my employment with Right At Home Solent and completed my 3-day induction today. From what I can see so far, this company comes across right from the beginning that they genuinely care tremendously not only about their clients but about the welfare of their staff too. As a new employee, this is great as I am looking forward to working in community care knowing I have an employer who will support me and that the team in the office are always on the end of the phone for advice and help, this is a big tick in my book!

Pros

supportive management

Excellent company

I have done my induction training and really enjoyed the process. Everyone was friendly and very helpful, I was given a great amount of useful information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right at Home Solent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement