Right at Home Solent

Right at Home Solent Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.8Pay & benefits

Best company I've worked for, but struggle under stress

Right At Home Solent is a company that I enjoy working for about 90-95% of the time. It is nice to feel like my thoughts and feedback matters (for the most part). It can be a hard and emotionally heavy job, but if you: have a car, enjoy driving for work and love an independent style of working, consider giving this a go. You get to meet some lovely people and make a difference to people's lives.My main issue with this company however is about communication and work life balance; the two go out the window when the office is under stress. Often I feel overwhelmed with texts asking for OT, and the wording used places blame and pressure on you. This has been raised many a time but I have seen no real change. I can say no to OT, but I worry for those that struggle or expect the office to always respect their availability. The people in the office though are all lovely people.A good job, and the best company I've worked for to date, but the cracks really show under pressure.

Pros

Minimum call time of 1hr, having your work appreciated (magic moments), higher pay rate than average, using care app to log visits, everyone is a joy to speak to on the phone!

Cons

Have to say 'no' (often more than once) to OT when it's too much, poor work/life balance at times, can feel overwhelming, unpaid travel time (excluding mileage).

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

My summary says it all from the very first phone call to the recruitment team to the last stage on boarding after induction what a treat. Oh boy can I say induction, three days intense Learning but you learn, you learn the ways, the right at home ways , your taught how team works pulls you together so your all working on the same page you get confidence that you never knew you had, they want you to grow inspire and become the best you can be. 100% professional this is the kind of stuff you get taught in University business models on how to succeed and this is the first time ever and I mean ever I’ve experienced such a brilliant well thought out interview approach, induction, and working with the office start to ensure your ready to meet the clients. Oh and did I mention very, very good rate of pay and all the great benefits you get as well.

Pros

Ice cream at induction, chilled drinks available

Cons

Induction could bring 1 day longer

Super Induction, First class

Right at Home gave me a chance of employment, after others turned me away for my tattoos. It’s the kindest company I have ever worked for, the recruiting team Wes brilliant. I though I would fail at the final hurdle on interviews, the person interviewing was top class, made me laugh, relax, support and encourage me to do well, and=d helped me get focused towards the clients anf]d setting my seals a goal to achieve.The structure in the company is also first class, but then when the recruitment team are this super cool and very good at what they do what do you expect.I only work nights, but I can swap and change if needed. The night rate is very good, nearly if not the best around.I’m really excited about my future here and can’t wait to have our summer bbq , COVID permitting.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Outstanding is hard to maintain

So kind and caring

What a place, my fellow Caregivers are second to none. Very good office and management team. Top rebate of pay, I get 20 hours work most weeks. If you required anything from PPE or just a supportive phone call it there for you.Hardest part of the job is knowing when to say no to extra work, but then Right at Home are very good at making sure work life and family life have that great balance.

Pros

Pay 12.33 per hour

Cons

Can’t think of any

Top-tier company 👌

Right at home solent is a great company to work for! Since working here the team have helped me grow and become confident in my role. Management and Office staff are very supportive which makes a big difference. They get stuck in and help out with clients when things are tough! They are very flexible with working hours and feel it’s very important to have a good work life balance. RAH are very passionate about client continuity meaning you see the same clients and are able to build a bond with them. The minimum call time is 1 hour which I feel really benefits the clients. RAH has a no stranger policy- meaning that you always meet the client to make yourself and them feel at ease. RAH has mandatory training but also offer extra training if you wanted. Overall I feel that RAH are a 10/10 company and I would recommend them to people needing care/support AND people wanting to develop their carers at an ace care company!

Pros

Pay, work life balance, friendly office team, progression, training

Terrible scheduling

Sadly scheduling is driving everyone away. Prepare for one hour in the morning, one hour at lunch and one hour at bedtime. Not enough hours. Hiring more people when employees already struggle for hours. Keep complaining but nothing changes. Expected to drive miles from home.

Pros

No uniform, good pay

Cons

Scheduling, lack of support or confirmation from office

Very very good place to work.

Right at home are very meticulous, you get all the thet training to prepare you for work. The training are extensive and intensive in a very relaxed atmosphere. You get to choose when to work and the closest to you. Compared to other companies, the pay is good.

Pros

Good pay, relaxed environment.

Cons

None yet

Work in general

Good company to work for, they care about there clients. You do however need to be more persistent on your own working hours and availability as like all they will take advantage.

Prodcing a high quality of care, employing the right people for this caring profession.

Management and staff are all very supportive which is indeed very reassuring. The company have an open door policy and always ready to listen and support better ways of working. The flexible hours of working was one of positive benefits for me due to commitments at home. If you need extra hours the company will do its up most to accommodate.

Pros

Flexible hours, rates of pay mileage allowance

Passionate and caring company who really value their employees

Right at Home Solent has been an incredible company to work for. They really care about each and every one of their employees and the management team will go out of their way to try and accommodate the needs of their employees. The management team all take part in the care work and will never ask CareGivers to do a task they themselves would not be prepared to do and they take the time to get to know each CareGiver and what is important to them. They have an open door policy and everything you discuss with them remains confidential. The management team welcome any feedback - particularly any suggestions that will improve the quality of life of their clients. They pay well above the average salary for this job because they are a premium care company, who only hire the best CareGivers. There are also lots of great employee perks and benefits. You don't need a lot of experience - what they value is kindness, honesty and genuine care for the clients and their wellbeing.

Pros

Great salary, milage paid, employee perks and rewards system, thorough training which is ongoing throughout your time with them, excellent management team

Jobs at Right at Home Solent