Right at Home Solent

United Kingdom79 reviews

Clear
4.8Pay & benefits

Fun and relaxed

Just finished my 3 day induction and training, it has been enjoyable and easy going, they take their time and check that you’re managing okay with the work, the 3 days has flown by and definitely not boring!

Everyone at Right at Home Solent is so lovely. They really care about you as a person and how your doing. As a job I feel as though the day flies by and is so enjoyable. Great staff and such a family feel.

Pros

Great people

Insights into Right at Home Solent

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Easy and fun

This place is very friendly all the staff get in really well and management are more than approachable.If you fancy a new challenge with a forward thinking company give them a go

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long days sometimes

Always improving standards

This company, Right at Home are great to work for. I am very happy to say I’m part of such a fantastic team. The company are always looking to improve things, just to make things easier, like communication, brilliant, never have I worked for a company that want you to succeed, right from the very beginning.Greta team , great support, great pay, outstanding all round !

Pros

Pay good

Cons

Nil

Listen and learn together

Great place to work, honest open and will to progress you to where you want to be. Great pay, 4 weekly pay, great caregivers to work alongside.Very good office culture, hard working and will listen , help and do the best they can for you.Working in care is hard at the best of times, but right at home help hand down.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Always looking to improve for the caregivers and clients

I have been working for right at home solent got 2 years, over the past 15 months the office have become not only better, but very supportive, much more interaction like coffee and cake afternoons with us. The schedulers have a very hard job , with over 90 caregivers to please every week, the communication we get every Friday and the few question we are asked are very good. Well thought out, funny, like the one every one who reply’s one of the office team will eat a donut, I would think over 50 would have been required.At the end of the day, we are here for out clients and it excellent to know that the office staff are there for us, pay very good rates, never had an issue on pay day, unlike my last company I worked for.I get great hours, works well for me and my family life, grandchildren etc.

Pros

Full days off, split shifts if you want

Cons

PPE in hot weather, not company’s fault

Friendly and very welcoming

A very friendly and welcoming group of people who go out of their way to make you feel like part of the team and get you started straight away. From the interview and throughout the training you are made to feel valued and that your needs are just as important as everyone else's from management to office staff to your fellow care givers.

Pros

•Flexibility with hours and knowing you have support on hand whenever you need it.

Welcoming and supportive

The level of support that I have received through the whole process has been great, I’ve had more support through my training than I’ve ever had working for months at another company. Management seem friendly and staff seem really happy to work for the company, sounds more like a big family than work, I can’t wait to carry on and get stuck in

Pros

A lot of support

Best company I've worked for, but struggle under stress

Right At Home Solent is a company that I enjoy working for about 90-95% of the time. It is nice to feel like my thoughts and feedback matters (for the most part). It can be a hard and emotionally heavy job, but if you: have a car, enjoy driving for work and love an independent style of working, consider giving this a go. You get to meet some lovely people and make a difference to people's lives.My main issue with this company however is about communication and work life balance; the two go out the window when the office is under stress. Often I feel overwhelmed with texts asking for OT, and the wording used places blame and pressure on you. This has been raised many a time but I have seen no real change. I can say no to OT, but I worry for those that struggle or expect the office to always respect their availability. The people in the office though are all lovely people.A good job, and the best company I've worked for to date, but the cracks really show under pressure.

Pros

Minimum call time of 1hr, having your work appreciated (magic moments), higher pay rate than average, using care app to log visits, everyone is a joy to speak to on the phone!

Cons

Have to say 'no' (often more than once) to OT when it's too much, poor work/life balance at times, can feel overwhelming, unpaid travel time (excluding mileage).

You can learn a great deal here

Fantastic company, very professional from interview to induction. I have worked for other company’s, but tight at home go above and beyond there duty of care, not only for the customer bit also the employees. Great pay, great staff, excellent training. You would be daft not to come here for employment.

Pros

No uniform- smart casual dress

Cons

Can’t fault

Never look back

Well I started working here 8 months ago, what an experience. I setting in my role very quickly, with great support from the team leaders and office.My day consist of making sure my clients are looked after and living their best life possible.The work ethic is great, the balance even better. My clients are the best ever.Pay amazing. You can live on a wage here, unlike some others, 4 weekly pay.Love my work, love my clients love my life, so happy now I made the right choice.

Pros

Work life balance

Super Induction, First class

Right at Home gave me a chance of employment, after others turned me away for my tattoos. It’s the kindest company I have ever worked for, the recruiting team Wes brilliant. I though I would fail at the final hurdle on interviews, the person interviewing was top class, made me laugh, relax, support and encourage me to do well, and=d helped me get focused towards the clients anf]d setting my seals a goal to achieve.The structure in the company is also first class, but then when the recruitment team are this super cool and very good at what they do what do you expect.I only work nights, but I can swap and change if needed. The night rate is very good, nearly if not the best around.I’m really excited about my future here and can’t wait to have our summer bbq , COVID permitting.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Outstanding is hard to maintain

So kind and caring

What a place, my fellow Caregivers are second to none. Very good office and management team. Top rebate of pay, I get 20 hours work most weeks. If you required anything from PPE or just a supportive phone call it there for you.Hardest part of the job is knowing when to say no to extra work, but then Right at Home are very good at making sure work life and family life have that great balance.

Pros

Pay 12.33 per hour

Cons

Can’t think of any

Productive and really fun place to work

Everyone is so kind and welcoming, It’s so different to any other job that I have had. They really ensure that they show that they care not just about you as their employee, but your life and any troubles that you may have. They are incredible here.

Pros

The pay, flexibility of hours, friendliness

Top-tier company 👌

Right at home solent is a great company to work for! Since working here the team have helped me grow and become confident in my role. Management and Office staff are very supportive which makes a big difference. They get stuck in and help out with clients when things are tough! They are very flexible with working hours and feel it’s very important to have a good work life balance. RAH are very passionate about client continuity meaning you see the same clients and are able to build a bond with them. The minimum call time is 1 hour which I feel really benefits the clients. RAH has a no stranger policy- meaning that you always meet the client to make yourself and them feel at ease. RAH has mandatory training but also offer extra training if you wanted. Overall I feel that RAH are a 10/10 company and I would recommend them to people needing care/support AND people wanting to develop their carers at an ace care company!

Pros

Pay, work life balance, friendly office team, progression, training

Supportive and caring company

After i learnt about this company and after my interview i thought this place was too good to be true. But they’re great. Lovely staff and managers, they stand by great values and safeguarding! They also do more than compromise for your personal life. They really do care and check you have a good balance going between work life and home life. :)

Pros

good pay, supportive staff

Cons

idk

Excellent place to work

Competitive rates of payFlexible hoursFriendly and supportive management team Well structured Internal and external trainingGood career prospects

Pros

Flexibility

Best company I've worked for

Truly caring company, always willing to sort out any possible issue or worry. Nobody is perfect, cos we all make mistakes, but the effort that the company makes every day in trying to make everyone's life better is amazing to me.If communication is kept on, nothing can go wrong.

Pros

lovely people

Cons

none for me

Well organised and flexible hours

I've just started working for Right at home and I have already learnt so much during the training. The company was very welcoming and all staff seem very motivated and passionate about what they do! I also think its great that you get 1hour with each client! Right at home is also very flexible working around what hours meet your personal needs. Great place to work!

Pros

Flexible hours, 1 hour with each client

Cons

Cant think of anything

By far the best company I have worked for.

Well what can I say, the support and training is second to none. I've been made to feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble. Things are explained very clearly, and my work and family life is excellent. I have already learned new skills, workplace culture and the management listen.My only downside is, I wish I applied sooner.

Pros

Excellent place to work

Cons

Time goes to quick

The care company that actually cares!

One of the appeals of working with Right at Home was its a minimum of 1 hour visit time. You get time to actually care for your client and not feel so rushed. Within a week I’ve had calls and emails from management asking me if I’m ok and how I’m getting on and if there is anything they can do to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right at Home Solent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement