Ringtons
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Ringtons Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews

teavanweathertargetwagecommissionsalesell

Kind, enjoyable workplace with strong emphasis on family values

Featured review

Ringtons selected this as a representative review
During my time with Ringtons I've found it to be a friendly, enjoyable and rewarding place to work. All staff members are lovely people and they seem to employ people that are like minded and equally as friendly. Management are approachable and relaxed and always happy to hear you and help you. There is a strong emphasis on family within the company and this is clear to see with how everyone is treated as if you are all important. Would 100% recommend as a place to work, if you enjoy being outside and talking to people then this is for you, the fact you get paid is a bonus!

20 May 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Ringtons in the York area at our Tockwith Sales Office!We’re happy to hear you have had such a positive, enjoyable and rewarding experience while you were working with us. We’re grateful to have had the opportunity to have you #ringtons and for all your hard work helping us delivery our world class teas and coffees!We really appreciate your feedback if there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to Nick Hancock at tea@ringtons.co.ukThanks again and wishing you all the best in your future endeavours.

Long hours, No time for breaks.

Long hours, contact states 40 but to do job properly more like 50-60 per week. No time for dinner/tea breaks, have to eat on the go. No regards to your well being. Poor basic pay, all sales based with high & unattainable calls & commission. Late nights then you have to cash up, stock van & weekly stock takes in your own time with no overtime pay. Poor Management & Training all rushed, "3 minutes at the door" Don't really care about their customers, all about sales/money.Alot to do for very little appreciation in return. Rest of the van salesman team are lovely & helpful & some lovely loyal customers who deserve more.

Insights into Ringtons

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place, great people

Not long since joined the company but I can say it's a great work environment.Onece your on the road in a morning you are in a sense your own boss wich I enjoy.But the management check up on you in all right ways. The management are always very helpful, always asking how your day was and are on hand to help in anyway and push you in the right direction to be bettering yourself every day, which is great as the more you sell the more you earn and they want you to be doing well.All your colleagues are there if you need answers from an experienced head and are all relaxed good people

Pros

Work van, pay, weekends off

Cons

Weather

You get out what you put in

Managers will always make sure you’re okay and be there for as long as you need. The more you sell the more you earn, easy as that. Great team over in Chesterfield.

Great group of people to work for.

I was a part time canvasser and i really enjoyed my time with the company and I can not thank you enough for how firendly all of you have been towards me. I only left for personal reasons and they have said that the door is always open to come back or even for a chat.

9 August 2022
HelloMany thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback on Indeed about your time with us with the Team at Scarborough.We are sorry to hear you had to leave us, however, we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and that you feel that we have a friendly culture within the Sales Office.Please feel free to contact us at any time on tea@ringtons.co.uk, or have a look on our website, www.ringtons.co.uk/careers, as well as Indeed for any of our current available positions if you decided you are in a position and are able to return back to us.Good luck with your future endeavours.

Enjoyable friendly family company

You can set your own pace, not a pressure selling job - weather has its ups and downs ( better than being in an office) good customer report , reluctant to have left due to illness , no hassle , once you find your feet it can be enjoyable every day , management definitely look after you , good colleague camaraderie and working for a reputable well-known family company ( Trust me try the tea you'll never drink anything else ) good pension and human resources second to none...

1 August 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Ringtons in our Hull Sales Office.We are extremely pleased and reassuring to hear that you felt our Management Team at Hull have looked after you whilst you have been on your journey with us and that there was a positive camaraderie. Ringtons are very much a people company and cares deeply about each employee’s experience as they are the most important part of our business. It is also our job to ensure that every team in Ringtons amplifies our culture. All managers are held accountable for maintaining a healthy and equitable culture and we continuously monitor that through peer and exit feedback, engagement surveys and 1:1 reviews.We’re grateful to have had the opportunity to have you at #ringtons and for all your hard work helping us delivery our world class teas and coffees! We really appreciate your feedback and we are sorry you had to leave due to your illness. If there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to Nick Hancock at tea@ringtons.co.ukThanks again and wishing you all the best in your future endeavours.

Good work environment

Lovely people all the staff are very helpful. Management team also go above and beyond to make sure your okay and not struggling with anything. Overall friendly business Good to work for

1 August 2022
Hello.....Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Ringtons in our Hull Sales Office and we are delighted to hear you were extremely happy working with us. Again, alongside one of your former colleagues reviews, it is extremely reassuring and great news that you also feel our Management Team at Hull have looked after you whilst you were with Ringtons and that you felt very supported whilst in your role. I am positive that the feedback you have shared will be invaluable for those who are looking to join us at Ringtons. We really appreciate your feedback and if there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to us at tea@ringtons.co.uk

Hard work for small pay

It's extremely hard work and the hours can be long, many of them are un paid hours for example picking stock, loading vans, stock take once a week. Plus keeping the van clean inside and out and checks every week ( but can't say it makes any difference as jobs don't get done on them when they should do ).Pay is shocking really for a company like Ringtons. The targets are the same for every salesperson regardless of how many customers you have, so the less you have the harder it is, and if you don't get above the target you do not get any bonus, so just basic pay which is quite low really. You very rarely get chance to have a proper lunch hour due to the amount of calls you have to do. You are given an amount of new goods to sell per van per day every 2 weeks which is ridiculous really as every round is so different. Ringtons use show and tell to upsell, but it's quite a pressurised way of selling putting customers on the spot to buy there and then. Don't think I would encourage anyone to work here, especially if you don't like hard work.

Pros

Able to take van hime

Cons

Long hours, unattainable targets

1 August 2022
Hello!Many thanks for leaving a review of your work experience at our Tockwith Sales Office and both positive and critical feedback are very important for us. We ensure that by employees having the opportunity to do an employee exit interview, engagement surveys and 1:1s, that it helps our people have a way to share their concerns and suggestions with us; we take everything we receive seriously. We are saddened to here that you suggest some of your days were long, you felt that there was not enough time in the day to fit in all your responsibilities, and that your workload was a concern to you. Management here at Ringtons have a responsibility to support and nurture employees to ensure they have clear expectations within their roles at interview stages, and whilst being a current employee. Before any employee starts as a Salesperson or Representative, we ensure the potential new employee has the opportunity for an hour or twos experience first-hand to see the role they have applied for before they even start by sitting in a van next to an experienced salesperson or watching how we form new relationships with potential new customers. We strive to be completely transparent and we ensure the potential new employee has time and the opportunity to ask any questions they want to on anything about the role or company with the Salesperson / Representative they are shadowing at that time. In addition to all the above, the Managers are responsible for providing adequate ongoing training and support should employees be struggling to achieve their targets or performance. Whilst you -

Fantastic environment and lovely people

Ringtons is a great place to work, everyone is super friendly and easy to get along with. There is amazing job security as the company has been going for over 100 years. The salary is competitive and the commission structure is fantastic, the work you put in you most certainly get out. Management is fair and reasonable and you really don’t feel as though they even are your management; more like friends who really care about you. For the work I do at the company I can honestly say I feel really appreciated.

21 July 2022
Hello there!Thank you for sharing your positive experience working at Ringtons.We’re so glad to hear that you feel valued and supported as an employee, and that you’re extremely happy working with us and in the positive environment at our Tockwith (York) Sales Office . We will continue to give you and the rest of our employees a positive employee experience as you grow with us. and if there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to Nick Hancock, our independent Engagement and Welfare Manager at tea@ringtons.co.uk Thanks again

The worst company I have ever worked in my life

The poor management of this company is the worst thing I have ever experienced. Not respect to the agency staff, low pay, not enough working hours, no personal locker... feeling sucked

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

22 June 2022
HelloWe'd like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to leave this review for us on working in our Factory in Newcastle Upon Tyne. We are very sorry and upset to read your comments about your experience with us, and we would like an opportunity to address some of the points you have stated in your review.At Ringtons, we have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination and all workers at Ringtons, whether they be directly employed by Ringtons or agency workers, are treated exactly the same. We’d hope that any employee that witnessed this type of behaviour would inform a Line Manager, their Agency Representative or our Whistleblowing Hotline so it can be addressed immediately. We strive to foster a culture of trust and transparency where everyone feels comfortable in the workplace, and are treated fairly and equally. You mention low pay. Since April 2022, our minimum wage is the governments living wage. Alongside that, you raised concerns about you not having enough hours. The hours for agency staff are pre-set when we ask the Agency to help us at busy times. However, there are also frequent opportunities where we offer employees overtime at the factory; that goes for Ringtons and our agency colleagues. If a Ringtons employee or agency worker were interested in more hours, we would encourage that person to speak to us directly, or to apply for any positions that are available in any locations at Ringtons; we are more than happy to encourage both routes.Finally, you raised a concern that there were no personal lockers. We do have specific lockers for agency workers. -

Motivational with good career opportunities.

During my time at Ringtons I enjoyed a challenging and rewarding career. I started as a van sales person, and was then promoted to assistant manager. You will need a good work ethic to succeed, and be prepared to be challenged and challenge yourself. If you put the work in and consistently perform, then the company will look after you as I found with my own career path. I found the management helpful and supportive. There is a wealth of experience available if you need help, because they do look after their staff. I would certainly recommend Ringtons as a place to work to anybody else.

Pros

Collaborative, Recognition and Reward

20 April 2022
Hello!Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Ringtons in Tockwith near York.We’re extremely pleased to hear you have had such a positive experience while you were working with us and enjoyed having a career path within the business. We’re grateful to have had the opportunity to have you #ringtons and for all your hard work helping us delivery our world class teas and coffees!We really appreciate your feedback and if there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to our Employee Engagement and Welfare Manager, Nick Hancock, at tea@ringtons.co.uk.Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours.

This is not a delivery job, that's what DPD is there for. Friendly staff, lovely customers and quality products.

I wrote this review to address some others on here. This is not a delivery job, go to DPD or Amazon for that and get less money and treated less fairly.This is a sales job first and foremost, with an element of welfare and friendly conversations involved.You always get out what you put in to a job like this, and you need to have a sales focus to realise this.There are plenty of progression opportunities and I'm more than happy with my time at this company. I've butted heads with some people, but I've got on with 99% of people I've worked with.Management are clued up and always do the best for me, I have no complaints there. Free tea every month, a great matched pension scheme and lots of holidays.

Pros

Good base pay for things like mortgages, Commission pay scale to get extra money around the holidays, Good quality products and great customers.

Cons

Weather

20 April 2022
Hi thereThank you for sharing your experience working at Ringtons as a salesperson. We’re so glad to hear that you feel valued and supported as an employee, and that you’re happy working with us. We are glad to have you on board! We hope to also continue to give you and the rest of our employees a positive employee experience as you grow with us.We really appreciate the feedback you shared as it will also be invaluable for those who are looking to join us at Ringtons and if there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to Nick Hancock, who as you know is our independent Engagement and Welfare Manager at tea@ringtons.co.uk Thanks again.

A good place to work.

I’ve been working here for over 6months now. I do really enjoy the job.A typical day would be loading up your van in morning with stock from your base office. Then off on your round delivering and selling tea and other Ringtons products.You do build good customer relationships and meet a lot of nice people.You take the van home every night which is good so no fuel costs on the commute.Good commission if you work hard.

Pros

no fuel costs, no week ends.

Cons

Bad weather

1 April 2022
Hi thereThank you for sharing your experience working at Ringtons in our Chesterfield Office. We’re so glad to hear that you are enjoying your job as a salesperson with us, and that you’re happy working with us. We hope to continue to give you and the rest of our employees a positive employee experience as you grow with us.We really appreciate the feedback you shared as it will also be invaluable for those who are looking to join us at Ringtons and at the Chesterfield Office. If there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to Nick Hancock, our independent Engagement and Welfare Manager at tea@ringtons.co.uk Thanks again.

Very enjoyable and rewarding job if sales driven

I have worked for Ringtons for 32 years now and enjoy being out on my rounds interacting with the Customers, whilst your out there you are your own boss. You have to manage your time well whilst out on the round this will give you chance to get the most out of your Customers.I find the management team very helpful and always give the best support they can. The hardest part of the job is probably the weather but you just have to take the rough with the smooth.

Pros

Use of company vehicle to and from work, rewarding to get good sales

Cons

Working in all weathers

14 June 2022
Hello.Many thanks for sharing your experience working at Ringtons in our Chesterfield Sales Office and congratulations on 32 years with us! Wow!!We’re glad to hear that you’re still enjoying interacting with your customers and having the ability to manage your rounds. It is also reassuring to hear that you feel your Management Teams are helpful and supportive. We hope to continue to give you and the rest of our employees a positive employee experience as you grow with us and we continuously monitor all employee feedback through engagement surveys and manager 1:1s.We really appreciate the feedback you shared as it will also be invaluable for those who are looking to join us at Ringtons. We look forward to many more years of supporting you whilst you are with us and if there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to Nick Hancock us at tea@ringtons.co.uk

Productive job doesn’t feel like work most days.

I’ve worked for Ringtons for quite some time now and never had a bad word to say about the company, lots of benefits and they’re always happy to help you if you help them. All staff are friendly and approachable.

1 April 2022
Hello,Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Ringtons. We are delighted to hear you’re happy working with at our Chesterfield Office and for choosing to grow your career with us. Our employees help build us up as a company, and they are our biggest and most valuable asset.The feedback you have shared will be invaluable for those who are looking to join us at Ringtons. Many thanks again for your feedback and if there is anything else we can support you with, please reach out to your Manager or contact us at tea@ringtons.co.uk.

Busy work days , long days and outside in bad weather all day.

Not for the older generation, poor wages and long days. Poor commission targets and sales driven job. Need to be physically fit and motivated and not afraid of bad weather . Xmas is ok with decent commission and good tips . Need to give a months notice to have any holidays as there are no spare drivers for cover.

Pros

Free tea every month, get to take the van home at night

Cons

Some days it’s very busy, and don’t always get a lunch break. Poor salary, commission based, but targets too high. Expect 80+ customers per day to visit, some drivers arrive early and work late for no extra pay!!! There is no overtime!!

22 February 2022
Many thanks for getting into contact with us. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to see from your scoring that we are getting two thirds of what we are doing right!You suggest your sales targets and workload were a concern to you. Management here at Ringtons have a responsibility to support and nurture employees to ensure they have clear expectations within their roles at interview stages, and whilst being a current employee. In addition, the managers are responsible for providing adequate ongoing training and support should employees be struggling to achieve their targets or performance. You mention some of the benefits of a salesperson’s position as being a sales driven role and outdoors working. A sales driven role is a fantastic benefit for our people so that those that would like to earn more money can do just that; the more customers and more products you offer your customers, the higher chance you have of increasing your wages. Unfortunately, one thing at Ringtons we are unable to help with is the unpredictable British weather!! However, the feedback from exit interviews and employee surveys are that our people enjoy the working outdoor benefit, and given we are being advised that being active is extremely good for our heath, it is a free benefit of the role with added fresh air!There have been many challenges at Chesterfield recently and we are working our way through them one by one. To help with supporting our people and over-coming some of those challenges, in mid-2022 we are looking at adding in additional training strategies to improve our continuing -

Two different kinds of staff

To different kind of staff which work there old staff just get on with there job but don’t get any prises from management where new staff get all the prises from management and targets are to high in January and February just after Christmas and I think they need to listen a lot more to the van salesperson who do the delivering to there customers day in day out

Pros

Van to work and home

Cons

Pay not high enough

17 January 2022
Hello Thank you for letting us know that you feel you have some issues at work. A better route to get some support and help is to speak to your line Manager and if that does not help with your situation, we would then advise you to speak to your Regional Manager. We feel the Indeed Review section is not the best place to do this as we unfortunately still do not know who you are, and therefore still unable to help you so nothing gets resolved which is not what we want for you.If you feel you are unable to reach out to them, we encourage you to contact Nick Hancock, our independent Employee Engagement and Welfare Manager who has been with the business for 31 years in all doorstep roles over his career with us, and he would be able to listen to your concerns and help to support and guide you. His contact details are nick.hancock@ringtons.co.uk

Good

Some workers are genuine people, but some workers are ungenuine because being in the sales environment Some workers will not be trusted as they talk about others when not there, but deny when approached

Pros

Not working weekends and company vehicle, no cost getting and returning from work

Cons

Targets and workload high

11 January 2022
Hi thereMany thanks for leaving a review of your work experience in our Chesterfield Sales Office and pleased to hear it was overall a good experience. Both positive and critical feedback is very important for us, as we hope that our employee exit interviews, engagement surveys and 1:1s helps us make sure employees have a way to share their concerns and suggestions with us; we take everything we receive seriously.Thank you for raising the concerns regarding some of the negative culture you feel you have experienced. Reflecting on your concerns, we are considering some supportive strategies to help raise the current overall positive culture in the office.You suggest your sales targets and workload were a concern to you. Management here at Ringtons have a responsibility to support and nurture employees to ensure they have clear expectations within their roles, as well as being responsible for providing adequate ongoing training and support should employees be struggling to achieve their targets or performance. In 2022 we are looking at adding in additional training strategies to improve our continuing onboard support especially for salespeople, and we believe this will help those that are struggling to meet their targets especially in efficiency, sales and customer numbers.Finally, we’re glad to hear that you enjoyed no weekend working and glad you felt having the van to get to and from work was a benefit. We understand most employees do not live on our doorsteps and we felt that being able to take the van home after you have finished your day would be a positive addition -

Fantastic place to work

It's a sales job therefore you have targets to hit so you get a basic wage for a basic job but can earn commission for extra sales, the products sell themselves as they are great quality and excellent value. The training and support is good and the management teams are great. Work outside alone so you're like your own boss but do need to be motivated to keep going through the winter. Van to use to get to and from work which is awesome. Good office culture and great work mates

Pros

Van to get to and from work, Commission for good sales 25 days holiday plus statutory mini own business (without the hard bits)

Cons

Cold winters heavy basket

11 January 2022
HelloThank you for sharing your positive experiences whilst you’re currently working at Ringtons and we’re so glad to hear that you enjoy the salespersons role. Ringtons cares deeply about each employee’s experience as they are the most important part of our business and it is our job to ensure that every team in Ringtons amplifies our culture and we are pleased to hear you believe we do just that.We understand most employees do not live on our doorsteps and we felt that being able to take the van home after you have finished your day would be a positive addition for salespeople in helping to balance your home and work life: we are glad you feel that is a benefit to you. We are also pleased to read that you also agree that currently having the basic salary as minimum wage and paying commission on top is a great opportunity for salespeople like yourself to have un-capped earning opportunities. We hope to continue to give you and the rest of our employees a positive employee experience as you grow with us.We really appreciate the feedback you shared as it will also be invaluable for those who are looking to join us at Ringtons and if there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to us at tea@ringtons.co.uk Thanks again.

Supportive, friendly management and team.

Having never worked in this type of job before I was nervous at 1st but my nerves were soon dispelled by working within a fantastic set up. The management and other drivers have been very friendly and supportive from day one and I've been made very welcome. Its a fun enviroment where you can have a laugh with everyone whilst getting on with the job.

Pros

Great training and support, fun, varied work experiences daily.

27 October 2021
Hi thereThank you for sharing your experience working at our Peterborough Sales Office. We’re so glad to hear that you feel valued and supported as an employee, and that you’re happy working with us. We hope to continue to give you and the rest of our employees a positive employee experience as you grow with us.We really appreciate the feedback you shared as it will also be invaluable for those who are looking to join Ringtons. If there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to us at tea@ringtons.co.uk Thanks again.

Ringtons had my original review removed!

Don’t do it to yourself. Underpaid, unappreciated, target based, higher up only care for their pockets and not you. Bad management who have no time for you especially after all the effort you put in for them which is a shame. Not allowed an opinion.Working hours are more like 7-6 and also have to sort van and cash up at home after so you never get away from work.

Pros

Still searching

Cons

Long hours, underpaid, unnapreciated

27 October 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about working at RingtonsWe are disappointed to hear that you don’t believe the Chesterfield office was a great place to work as fostering a positive working environment is something that we always strive to achieve. Ringtons cares deeply about each employee’s experience as they are the most important part of our business and it is our job to ensure that every team in Ringtons amplifies our culture. We try to maintaining a healthy and equitable culture and we continuously monitor that through peer and exit feedback, engagement surveys and 1:1 reviews.If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share, please send an email to Nick Hancock our Engagement and Welfare Manager on tea@ringtons.co.uk to start a confidential conversation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ringtons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement