Riverside

Riverside Employee Reviews

Throughout my time with Riverside it was a bit of a mixed bag. On one hand 95% of the staff I had the pleasure of working with really helped getting through the more difficult days at work where tensions were high and workload was heavy. Unfortunately the 5% of staff who made the job unnecessarily difficult and confrontational really did bring it down. I did have a decent relationship with my manager but what felt like a lack of acknowledgement about concerns regarding specific members of staff conducting poor practice, laziness, negligence and downright intolerable behaviour (speaking about service users in a derogatory manner) certainly did not go unnoticed by myself, fellow staff who wanted to do well and service users alike.The support and training I received could be compared to being given a recipe without quantity of ingredients. It was very much "Here's a book of generic SOP's and procedures. Have fun." and then left to fend for myself. Luckily I was surrounded by many lovely colleagues who were able to support and assist with queries but realistically they had enough to do already and should not be doing training on top of this. In my opinion this is a failure on Riverside and their on-boarding process.On the topic of on-boarding it took an unfathomably long time to get going from interview to start date. From memory it was about a month and a half. I have worked overseas in France and had a quicker start date with a DBS involvement so really this is unacceptable in this modern day and age.I started as a part time employee and got told in my interview about all - more...
Pros
Learn from Service Users, Majority of Staff are Wonderful
Cons
No progression, certain staff bringing entire teams down, no internal rectification
Official response from Riverside
3 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We care about the experiences of our customers and our employees and as well as seeking regular feedback, we value any feedback we receive that can enable us to improve. We are disappointed to read some of your comments and although we don’t recognise some of the situations you describe, we have shared your feedback and the issues you have raised with the appropriate colleagues in the business so that they can be looked into and where appropriate, address these issues. We are pleased to hear about the team spirit in our services and the support your colleagues and team members provided which is such a key part of the way we work.
I enjoy working at Riverside. Appropriately Challenging and lots of opportunity for learning, development and progression. The people I work with and speak to on a daily basis work hard and really care about what Riverside do. The leadership team are very approachable, care about employees wellbeing and have really demonstrated this during the pandemic. Groups for LGTBQ+, BAME staff and Disabilities and mental health are brilliant too.
Pros
Flexible working hours, agile working, annual pay rises, staff groups, learning and development opportunities, free courses, great leadership teams, free parking at head office, rewards app
Never again stay well clear All about paper work and not about the clients Management level were terrible non approachable let bullying go on no wonder they have such a high turn over of staff
Pros
going home after a shift
Cons
all of it
My experience was good in the beginning, until they kept on changing Managers. By the time i left there, I have had four Managers. I found myself doing more than other people, who worked. I II had
Pros
London Weighting
Cons
Not enough Staff on duty. Your left to cover for others, that have a lot of sickness and annual leave.
A lot of lone working unable to give the tie and support to the young people when they needed it. Conditions in the hostel were extremely awful .over run with cockroaches and young people having to cook while they were invading cooking areas and living and sleeping areas.whole building over run .
Early starts, stress, bonus scheme, fast-paced environment. I learned how to organise my day: duties and time. How to work on my own and take a responsibility for my role and performance. There is no workplace culture.
Pros
50% discount for all products, paid break, early shift.
Cons
stress
The organisation motivations are good. So it is rewarding to work there. However there is no job progression. If you are a relief worker the staff don’t seem to care about you at all. Sometimes you feel like you don’t know what to do.
Pros
Rewarding to be there for the vulnerable
Cons
Feeling stuck, Can be stressful sometimes
Good manager Very nice and helpful colleagues The lovely manager I had the only problem was salary very low. But anything else very good atmosphere to work.
Riverside is very professional and have great teams. The only downside is that you go through a lot of situations with clients and are not paid enough for what you do. ÂŁ21K is not enough to live on in the South East, especially with the work we do.
I worked here for around 6 months, and at first, it was a great place filled with friendly helpful staff and pleasant customers. That was soon to change, the managers formed their own "clique" between themselves and the care officer who had been there from the start. unfortunately, the care manager was reluctant to share her knowledge with staff making learning the role even harder. She was incapable of an adult conversation without getting angry and avoided eye contact throughout. The service manager sadly didn't have a clue of the day to day running of service so asking for help or assistance was another negative experience. Her manager was never there and when she was she made you know she was the "BOSS". I thought it a real shame how the upper chains of command treated the support staff as every single team member had a strength nither of the management did. If you want to work somewhere with ZERO support and ZERO assistance then Laurel Court is the place for you. I have 6 years' experience in low secure mental health hospitals and they was more pleasant than here.
I worked as a waiter in Riverside restaurant for 2 months. In a typical day my duties included taking customers orders, serving of food and filling of customers drinks. My duties also included clearing and re-setting of tables, ironing of tablecloths and napkins, and washing glasses. At the end of a shift I would always make sure the restaurant was clean by sweeping and mopping it. During my time working at Riverside, I developed very good communication skills in working with the public and on the importance of good teamwork. I carried out all my duties to a high standard, was hardworking and honest and was always punctual for work. The workplace culture was good fun and everyone got on well with each other and we were always kept busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to serve customers and always meeting new people every night. I believe I was a very valuable team member and the management at Riverside provided me with very positive feedback.
Pros
Free meal if you worked for four hours or more
Cons
working late
If your face doesn't fit you wont last,to many clicks!!poor atmosphere,bog standard management.To much passing the buck.its rubbish to work there!!!!!
A very happy place to work the mangers are ver likes and easy to talk to and crack a joke with very pleasant place to work wouldn’t work anywhere else love the team work and assisting our customers especially when we have activities with always joking and making them lough
Pros
Free coffee and milk
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Busy , enjoyable, can be draining. Working with complex needs. Learning all the time. Team strong, in house training. Working with many agencies. Lots of paperwork written and computer. Varying hours
That company did not seem to value their good workers I was very loyal to them but I now would like to work back in retail as mental health is very stressful to work in I enjoyed it
I work for this company for over 5 yrs now. I started as PA and now I am Senior SW. Great company who value staff. you do overtime, only if you want to. I don't agree with other reviews, appears to be from workers who left company or been dismissed for their misconduct. I am never overworked, if colleague is off sick, you are being politely asked do you fancy overtime, it is not a must as others are stating. Love my job and the difference I make
Horrible place to work and racist! Poor management. Managers are stepping to positions which there not ready for or have the right skills, qualified etc. If your face do not fit in you’ll will get ignored. Also if you have any disabilities don’t bother applying any jobs. No private confidential at all for staff or customers.
Will be expected to clean tenants sick up, needles and drugs. Overworked and underpaid avoid like the plague. Expected to work double shifts and unsafe working environments. Managers no good either.
Worst Housing Assocation I have ever worked in. Management and TL are biased. They will manage people out who they don't like and favor people they do
Cons
I also hated working for Riverside, this is a housing association in crisis, most of the merseyside stock are Victorian Damp ridden slums, they will expect you to let these properties to the poor and most vulnerable people of the city and then be prompt in evicting them. You will not get any support of a bullying management culture and if you have a disability do not inform any management in housing as you will be discriminated against. A typical day will consist of fire fighting crisis situations for at least the largest proportion of your day, you will then not have the capacity to take your extra hours accrued . As mentioned most of the rented properties are that old they are desperate to off load them to other associations ,meaning further redundancy down the road . I would not recommend working here in Liverpool , please take my advice and look to other housing associations where you will be treated more fairly. This is only a review of the Social Housing sector which has a culture of exiting vulnerable tenants and disabled staff members.
Pros
Cons
everything
I hated working at Riverside. The pay never reflected the host of responsibilities that grew considerably throughout my career. Great performance was only acknowledged with a ÂŁ20 voucher due to the stagnant culture of management. Managers didn't want their team to develop and didn't recognise the needs of teams. The culture of the business was very authoritarian with a cult of personality focused on the CEO. I made numerous attempts to work to address the concerns that many of us had about workloads and was essentially told I was lucky to be there. Since leaving I've been allowed to grow and develop into a much more rounded team member and have been given license to make decisions while benefitting from the rewards that strong performance should give.
Pros
Pension was ok
Cons
Lack of compassion. Stagnant culture of management. Face fits environment with a lot of nepotism.
  1. Employee reviews