Riverside
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Riverside Employee Reviews

United Kingdom152 reviews

Enjoyable work.

I worked there as an environmental operative aka grass cutter. If you like working outside its a good place. Most of my co-workers were alright but there were some clicks that poisoned the workplace with their Bu****it. The managers are decent but the supervisor was mostly clueless trying to tell us workers with 5 years experience how should we do our jobs.

Pros

Good Pension, Decent Money, Short Days

Cons

Short Days, Bad Managment

Productive and supportive workplace

Fast paced, great team all working together with the customer at the heart of everything. Overall great organisation to work for, striving to make a positive change.

Insights into Riverside

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Riverside not much chance of growing

Its an ok company as every company promises lots of perks and you never see them. My mangement right above me is very good always helps but not so good further up the ladder, they never ask your opinion. Where as most of the time you more about the work situation then they do.

Poor management and no team work

Some staff are lazy, and they will stab you in the back all the time, they puck and choose what shift they do and change rota without asking first so you end up having to change plans Manager is never there or on hand.You have no chance of moving up as its only the managers favourites that do

Poor Management - No help or Support

This company is the worst ever! There was no help or support from management. Working from home an dealing with tough calls daily was not good for mental health. When asked for help, you were given a number for a mental health councillor but got told to ring out of working hours. When I was under performing, I got disciplined even though I was struggling.

Toxic senior Leadership

Worked for Riverside as a Service Manager. One of the most toxic company’s ever. Policies are used when it suits. Management are subjected to toxic behaviours from subordinates and nothing is done. Too scared of Liverpool City Council and Unite to respond to any issues. The ethos of this company dissolved long ago. Now just greedy for contracts they cannot fulfil. Disgrace to service users. Total fail on too many levels. Glad I left this sinking ship

Stressful

Very stressful, colleagues made it worth while everyone works very hard. Poor management and pay does not reflect the skills or effort involved in the jobs

Don’t do it!

Started off well till the new management came in and totally destroyed the place! So many long term staff left. Atmosphere was awful Can’t get holidays as you have to book a year in advance! Have to work over Christmas and new year. Totally micro managed. Managers are the pits !

Pros

Cons

Stressful! Poor management

I left Riverside at end of 6 month contract, I hated working there

Training all done remotely, not very good, Once in office, often I was only one there as everyone working from home.Manager was appalling, he didn’t seem to know what he was doing so shouted at me a few times! I have never been spoken like that at work before, I’m sure I have made errors etc, I am 58 and worked since 19! They shouldn’t have taken on new staff during pandemic 😷 a shame because if I’d joined at normal times I would have really enjoyed learning new skills and a new job!!!

Pros

Money was ok

Cons

No-one in office to help me. Manager very unpleasant No support

9 February 2022
Sorry to hear you’ve had a negative experience at Riverside. The pandemic has certainly been challenging, however, it was and continues to be absolutely vital we take on new team members during that period as we need to support our customers with sustaining their tenancies. Some have joined very successfully and others have found it challenging. With regards to in office working and working from home we have done our best to work around and adapt to the COVID safety policies which are in place to keep everyone safe. We wish you luck in your next role.

Awful company to work for, lazy management. Constant criticism.

New structure in place here. No support, everything is your fault, you are never good enough no matter how much heart you put into helping tenants. Opportunities are on a face fits basis. HR work with management so don't complain in confidence to them. All stats and no care for tenants. Staff are over wotked and under appreciated hence the majority of long standing staff have left. Do not work for this company if you have any mental health issues. This job isn't for you apparently.

Pros

Nice colleagues.

Cons

Not enough space or time to list see above.

Fantastic colleagues, Fantastic residents!

I absolutely love working in my role as a relief support worker for Riverside. I work in a emergency supported housing project for the homeless. I have the best manager who has give me a lot of support in my role. All my colleagues are so lovely as are the residents who live at the project. Hopefully one day I will be offered permanent shifts as I only work as and when required.

Pros

Great work/life balance. Good pay. Excellent manager and colleagues.

Cons

Need more shifts.

6 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience with us - we're glad you're finding so much satisfaction from your role! We'll ensure your comments are passed on to our colleagues.

Shocking employer

Started off really well enjoyed the job then new management came in and everything changed. The contact centre is NOT an enjoyable place to work it’s actually horrendous, management do not care about the staff at all I know that it may sound like a cliché but they literally don’t. Throughout the company different departments let down the tenants on a major scale and then the contact centre has to clean up their mess. Over promise and massively under deliver. Your are micro managed within an inch of your life yet other departments get away with everything, The IT department are an absolute joke systems go down on a daily basis and do upgrades through the day at the busiest times. If you have a life or children then don’t work in the contact centre because you won’t have a life.

Pros

Work colleagues

Cons

Everything, shifts, management, being micro managed, not being appreciated. Getting abuse from tenants and other riverside departments.

Horrible management, boring job

Horrible place to work, job itself was incredibly boring and the managers have the people skills of a wet sock. Senior staff are completely out of touch with the purpose of the company and make decisions that make absolutely no sense. Customer and staff satisfaction is at an all time low, which isn’t surprising.

Pros

Down to earth staff in lower paid positions

Cons

Horrible management

They lost all my electrical certificates

Apart from denying that they lost my certificates, it was a nightmare doing installation jobs as you had to wait 2 - 3 days for materials, putting unnecessary pressure on workers for falling behind on the jobs through no fault of their own.

Awful company

Avoid at all costs. Tick all the boxes to be seen to care. Power mad CEO and frightened executive team supported by malleable board. Was glad to leave and go to a company that values its staff.

Pros

Colleagues

8 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We’re sorry to hear that you had some negative experiences during your time with us. We take colleague feedback seriously and have a number of ways that colleagues can raise concerns to us. We would always encourage them to use these if they feel there are issues we need to address.

Riverside , a cut above .

I worked for Riverside for over 5 years as a locum, I worked with learning disabilities, young adults, street homeless, drug and alcohol , rehab , mental health , I enjoyed every minute of it!, ok , some days where stressful than others but you have to leave it at the door when you leave , my line managers were great , most other support workers/ seniors were great , there was the odd lunatic but that’s standard in any place of work , I had opportunity’s to progress within the company on numerous occasions but I left to go self employed , I’m now back at Riverside ,things have changed , for the better !

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Waking nights

11 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of working with us. We're glad to hear that you found the work rewarding and you were given opportunities to progress.Welcome back to Riverside and we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us :)

Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing

Management is a shambles! Words, words, words and more words. All talk and no content. Chaotic work practices, zero cohesion, everyone makes it up as they go along as management sit, still, working from home with no genuine idea of what is going on on the ground. Embarrassing!

Pros

Staff are great bunch of people

Cons

Disorganised mess

8 November 2021
Thank you for your review, we are sorry that you feel your experience working with us does not match our values. We do have a number of mechanisms for gathering colleague feedback and we encourage you to use one of those methods so that we can look at your comments in some more detail.

Productive, learn a lot

Supervisor was excellent, taught me a lot, office staff very helpful and boss in office always concerned about your well-being. Had all necessary P.P.E supplied

Pros

People I worked with

Cons

Clients expected more than was asked, it was a free service. People will take advantage!

6 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us and we're glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us.

Stressful with no support

Stressful job with no training and was just expected to learn systems yourself with no direction etc! Poor management and favouritism with colleagues, unprofessional at times and constant bad mouthing the staff team to anyone who would listen!

Horrible place to work for

Quite possibly the worst place I’ve ever worked at. Management at this place is actually so bad, the managers decide from the second you’ve made a mistake that you’re lazy and unmotivated. I was compared to another new starter almost 3 weeks in when the training was set to be over a few weeks. No support from managers when working From home. Only good thing about this place are the people who aren’t managers or team leaders as they go out of their way to support you. Terrible experience would not recommend to anyone

5 November 2021
We're sorry to hear that you felt his way about your experience with us at Riverside - we would always encourage collegues to raise concerns using the available forums and support networks that are available to employees. The Income team have been going through some significant changes to improve our customer service and support our teams as we come out of Covid-19 restrictions. All team members are now working from our Covid-19 safe office locations and receive regular bespoke support from our work coaches and teams leaders as required.

Sub-standard micro management on steroids!

Awful company to work for. Managers only interested in their own careers, will blame staff for things that really boil down to bad management/attitude

Pros

Cons

Sub-standard micro management of staff in a toxic work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Riverside with

• Riverside
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?