RM Plc

RM Plc Employee Reviews

My time RM was enjoyable and productive. However dealing with the teachers and some of the support staff was very challenging, there seemed to a lack of structure and understanding of some of the technical issues.
Pros
Very relaxed work environment
Everyone is paid a different wage, even doing the same job. The team leaders don’t know anything, all they care about is you answering the phone no customer satisfaction just answer the calls. They expect you do to overtime to catch up on the workload, give up your free time to rectify their mistakes, I only stayed a few months and that was too long.
Pros
Hard to think of any
Cons
Worked at RM education for a few years and the company gradually deteriorated over time with changes in personnel. The management in place have now created a toxic working environment. People are often undermined in group meetings by director level staff members and made to look and feel stupid for offering ideas and opinions. Not a place you want to work if you want to build confidence and progress in your career. Senior managers seem to thrive on knocking people’s confidence, giving unconstructive negative feedback constantly whilst providing no actual guidance or development. The processes within the organisation are unlike anything I’ve ever experienced and make it really difficult to allow for any creativity or progression. HR really are not really bothered when you raise issues and just take you through a box ticking exercise to say an issue has been dealt with, which is ironic because all they ever talk about is mental health and well-being but in reality they really don’t care about anyone’s mental health or well being. A truly dreadful place to work.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
Toxic management
I currently work for RM and have been for coming up to a year now. I want to just say that the company is amazing. You are well supported and there are a lot of resources as and when you need them. A typical day as a Customer Service Engineer is dependent on the calls that the staff and students make. We can have really busy days, even weeks. Or we can have slow quiet days which allows us to catchup with installs and other stuff that we don't get chance to do. We are all well supported in our roles and our management is amazing. My line manager is only at the other end of teams or the phone if need any assistance and i've never worked anywhere where my manager actually invests time in his staff. The workplace culture is very positive and we all work well as a team in getting issues resolved and ensuring the customer is happy. The hardest part of the job is when it is the busy days and things do go wrong. However the team i work with make it seem easy, my team are supportive, informative and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for the schools. Having such a good relationship with the school and having staff members constantly praising what you do and appreciate your efforts.
Pros
Very flexible, amazing management, well looked after
Cons
None at all.
Brilliant place to work until new directors arrived and everyone felt the need to suck up to the new leadership and threw the rest under the bus, No support from HR and environment turned even worse after the redundancies in December. Think twice about applying here as chances are you will be made redundant after a few months.CEO never even bothered greeting people and HR don't have employees well being in mind
I had a Great opportunity to work with excellent team work focused on results and very collaborative
Not a bad place,great people but salary minimul.Have some themed days and incentives that were once popular are gradually being reduced. If you have any work related issues, they will be listened to but not necessarily after upon.
Pros
Free fruit and drinks
Cons
Very heavy workload, unevenly spread.
Not a nice place to work. It starts with the head of Department, and there is a trickle down effect, where certain senior figures within the Customer Service sphere, have a poor attitude towards the people they work with.
It was an amazing experience to work for RM during this 1 year. All of the staff are really helpful and respectful. The salary is good, they give free coffee, free fruits and have parking space.
I've just completed a 6 month contract and i've enjoyed my time at RM.The interview process was very straight forward and friendly. The staff were professional, experienced and approachable. I would recommend RM
A typical day does not exist within our sector as the industry is always changing and progressing within IT and education. We have a wonderful management team who strive to ensure the happiness and stress levels of their staff. Many people within the team have worked together for many years and this has developed relationships and close friendships who help each other whenever possible. The hardest part of my job I also find the most enjoyable, it requires precise organisation skills and project management. I work with all levels of management and communicate with internal and external customers, all with articulate professionalism.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Agile working conditions
A fun and friendly business environment. I have already worked there twice and would love to go back again for a 3rd if i could. The down side i will say is that the calls can come non stop but that is only during a busy week but at the same time the callers themselves are well educated individuals and friendly to speak with, so you don't really feel like your under stress or getting watched by someone. I Would recommend to work there as everyone is friendly and helpful.
RM education is a good office but rarely offer contracts for RM, they normally will have you on a temporary contract through an agency that could last up to 5 years. While you are on temporary based contract you have less pay, benefits and security than an RM employee and can be let go at anytime for no reason (which happened to me)
Pros
Great shifts
Cons
Pay, benifits & Job security
RM is a great place to work, they are always able to help when I needed it and very supportive. Great work community and incredible resources are available.
If i wrote this review a year ago it would have been completely different, it was a stressful place to work with little support But its a place trying to get better having brought in external managers who have brought fresh eyes to the place Now there is induction training, 1-21s, ongoing development, and people coming are of better calibre Still lots of work to do but its a work in progress, getting better
I've much enjoyed my time at RM. However, being a contractor for 2 years means very little job security and prospects for the future. Would love to stay with a permanent position, but can't risk staying with little job security.
This business could be a nice up and coming Small/Medium business with a very bright future. The employees of the business where accommodating and would undertake any task given. However the Directors of the business did not wish to know about making the business better or investing in it?
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Tough marketplace to be part of whilst current government spending on Education is so low. Good ambitions but struggles to realise them in a constructive way. Continuous change within the organisation. Good recent focus on diversity.
Pros
Free fruit, good colleagues.
Cons
Work life balance
Good place to work - not sure at entry level and in the support functions there has been a lot of cut back hence why I took the opportunoty to leave.
Worked in the Contact Centre for just over a year, however had to leave as I was moving to another area of the country. This place is very relaxed compared to other Contact Centre's Ive worked in. You get free tea and coffee too! Seen alot of change in my time here and at times calls can be busy. When I joined a year ago there wasn't really training or support from my leader and you were expected to learn as you go on, but recently you can see new starters training has improved which reduce the workload for the rest of the teams. There can be at times a divide between perms and terms but it was hard for permanent people to open up to temps as most dont really want the job or you know they arent going to be there in a months time. Coaching was limited from my TL but increased fairly recently. Would of been better if the TL's did more people focused things like team briefs or incentives etc.
Pros
Hours, the people
Cons
No local shops, more team based activities
Took this role as a temporary one due to having a summer job lined, as a temp i can say i never felt whispered about or even bullied. I always felt treated in the same way as perm employees. Training mus of changed, as our was about a week in a classroom, learning systems, call types, did some team building exercises too. Didnt learn all different call types as we were trained to place orders, which is tbh was easy and i get it cus we were temps its the quickest one to learn. I would say needed is more coaching from my leader, and updates, we had a weird broadcast each day that was abit pointless, leaders should get there teams together and get them interacting to help. Systems too abit outdate but people did say there is a new one coming at some point.
Pros
Working Hours, Weekends Off
Cons
Old Systems
  1. Employee reviews