Robin James AVEDA

Robin James AVEDA Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom12 reviews

Brilliant teamwork ,busy ,really good atmosphere ,very professional

Have worked for Robin James’s for over 20 years now, i have done management worked as a full time stylist now part time with hours that suits me and my home life. it has its ups and downs but what work place doesn’t ,it’s a great place to work ,the team that we have now are amazing ,brilliant and always very professional. It’s a very busy salon Standards are highIt’s fun place you can have a laugh I just love my job what more can I say Management are very helpful listen to what you have to say and any ideas that you might have plus on a personal note they are always there to help not judgmental.

Pros

Hair done plus beauty

A fun, challenging and exciting salon to work in. I love working with my colleagues & amazing generous clients. I am passionate about my role and the company provides a lot of opportunities to be promoted to next levels of stylists. The atmosphere in the salon has changed dramatically in the past couple of years, it is now a happy & fun environment. We have been supported well through the pandemic by the new owners who took over recently.

Pros

Big discounts on hair/spa treatments & products

Cons

The salon is always busy

Insights into Robin James AVEDA

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and fun workplace.

Professional work place, whilst having team building sessions. All training provided. Lovely working with different people everyday, no day is the same.

A positive work environment

Employees are hugely valued by the company Directors & Managers. The staff in Sherborne are very much a team and care about each other and strive to make the salon a fun and vibrant place to work. There is a very positive and happy feel to the working environment. My colleagues often express how much they love to work at the Salon.

Coming to work is a joy

Our job as hairdressers is challenging but the satisfaction outways that in spades. I’ve been promoted twice in 2 years and now going to be able to buy a flat. Yippeee

Love my job

Working here for the past 3.5 years has been a joy. We have had some odd staff members come and go but the ones who have stayed are amazing to work with. I love coming to work and class all my colleagues as friends. Here’s to many more years of working for robin.

Awful place to work.

Working here was awful.. it's such a badly run business.. it's so nasty and I was so glad when I left.. Don't know how he gets away with treating people like it.

– 11 March 2019
To have had 30 successful years whilst running the business so badly, as our ‘anoymous’ reviwer states is quite incredible! Equally for there to be numerous members of the team who have been with us for more than 10 years and some for 20 years is also remarkable if you consider the review here.We have had in place for sometime now, a consistent front of house reception team who are very professional and highly regarded by their fellow team members, the salon guests and me. Our very high standards are not for everyone and our success is partly attributed to making sure that these standards are upheld always. I can only imagine our reviewer was not able to deliver on this. Robin

Challenging

I was at Robin James for 6 months as an apprentice during my level 3 training as a beauty therapist. This experience was very challenging but also a great way to learn what the real world was really about. I got taught things I never knew was existant.

Pros

Challenging

Cons

Everyday is a creative one. The standards are high which is not for everyone because the clients expectations are high. However if you like to be challenged and work in an environment which has structure and purpose its great

Busy, nice & big

Very busy salon with the spa aswell. Big team of people which isn't always a good thing, lots of different characters and certain people are favourites! Pay wasn't very good in comparison to others.

Pros

Spa treatments

Cons

Have to pay for drinks & hair!!

great place to work

Co workers were all lovely people to work with. management was excellent and easy to approach. Lots of career progression opportunity

Pros

Lots of career progression opportunity

Cons

productive and fun work place

i learned how to massage and give manicures and pedicures and the people that work there are very friendly and nice to be around and they make you feel welcome

Pros

kind people to be around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robin James AVEDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Robin James AVEDA reviews by location

Learn about Robin James AVEDA in popular locations

• Robin James AVEDA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?