Robin James AVEDA

Robin James AVEDA Employee Reviews

Professional work place, whilst having team building sessions. All training provided. Lovely working with different people everyday, no day is the same.
Employees are hugely valued by the company Directors & Managers. The staff in Sherborne are very much a team and care about each other and strive to make the salon a fun and vibrant place to work. There is a very positive and happy feel to the working environment. My colleagues often express how much they love to work at the Salon.
Our job as hairdressers is challenging but the satisfaction outways that in spades. I’ve been promoted twice in 2 years and now going to be able to buy a flat. Yippeee
Working here for the past 3.5 years has been a joy. We have had some odd staff members come and go but the ones who have stayed are amazing to work with. I love coming to work and class all my colleagues as friends. Here’s to many more years of working for robin.
Working here was awful.. it's such a badly run business.. it's so nasty and I was so glad when I left.. Don't know how he gets away with treating people like it.
Comment – 11 March 2019
To have had 30 successful years whilst running the business so badly, as our ‘anoymous’ reviwer states is quite incredible! Equally for there to be numerous members of the team who have been with us for more than 10 years and some for 20 years is also remarkable if you consider the review here.We have had in place for sometime now, a consistent front of house reception team who are very professional and highly regarded by their fellow team members, the salon guests and me. Our very high standards are not for everyone and our success is partly attributed to making sure that these standards are upheld always. I can only imagine our reviewer was not able to deliver on this. Robin
I was at Robin James for 6 months as an apprentice during my level 3 training as a beauty therapist. This experience was very challenging but also a great way to learn what the real world was really about. I got taught things I never knew was existant.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Everyday is a creative one. The standards are high which is not for everyone because the clients expectations are high. However if you like to be challenged and work in an environment which has structure and purpose its great
Very busy salon with the spa aswell. Big team of people which isn't always a good thing, lots of different characters and certain people are favourites! Pay wasn't very good in comparison to others.
Pros
Spa treatments
Cons
Have to pay for drinks & hair!!
Co workers were all lovely people to work with. management was excellent and easy to approach. Lots of career progression opportunity
Pros
Lots of career progression opportunity
Cons
i learned how to massage and give manicures and pedicures and the people that work there are very friendly and nice to be around and they make you feel welcome
Pros
kind people to be around
  1. Employee reviews