Rodericks Dental Limited
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Rodericks Dental Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

Would not recommend

Don't care about their staff, just out to look after themselves. Pay is atrocious for the role you complete and the abuse you receive from patients. They have a zero tolerance policy, but threaten to complain and management will bend to their every need.

Cons

Micromanaged No work life balance Rubbish pay Management get away with anything

Under paid and under appreciated

The worst company to work for, do not appreciate staff. Employ useless managers that don’t know what they are doing then area managers are completely unsupportive

Pros

Work/home balance is okay

Cons

Bad pay, bad management, bad area management

Terrible Place to Work

Worked all throughout COVID-19 pandemic as an Emergency Hub, we received no sense of thanks from the company even though we were promised an incentive. The dentists, nurses and reception staff were the only plus to the whole experience. Management was a vicious, nasty group of bullies who turn a blind eye to the issues going on in the practice and the company rewarded them with promotions. The dental nurses and receptionists are treated terribly, overworked and underpaid. The company has no support or compassion for those with long-term health issues/disabilities. There is a high turn over of staff because of these reasons.

Cons

Long hours, bad management

Negative & Horrible Place To Work

I have dreamt of being a dental surgeon my whole life and when I got the opportunity to do a placement at the Gloucester practice I was thrilled. Most of the staff were so lovely and welcoming and I enjoyed working with them every day but the management team? Horrendous. Some of the worst people I've ever had to work with. Incompetent, rude, aggressive, and turn a blind eye to all the bad that goes on within the practice. I am so glad my placement has ended, I couldn't get out of there quicker and I have definitely learnt how important research is on my next Dental Surgeon job and company.

Pros

Nurses and reception staff were lovely to work with.

Cons

Management, hours, pay and the way staff are treated.

Not a good company

Wouldn’t recommend them not good people to work for. High staff turn overs, some people are expected to do everything others get away with murder. Pay never goes up and the extra holidays promised aren’t given

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

A great place to work and grow in your career

I worked at rodericks for over 2 years and it has been my first ever dental nursing job. I hear alot of stories from nurses having bad first experienced at dentsl practices, but I was lucky to have a wonderful first nursing experience.Revive Dental Practice has been a delight to work at.It was a very enjoyable journey and I had absolutely no problems working there what so ever.I was supported all the way through my training and I have been trained up to a high standard.

Pros

Friendly, fun, clean, caring, supportive, professional

Amazing place to work

I have had so much support over the last 2 years, completing my dental nursing qualification and progressing within the company! I genuinely look forward to coming to work!

Pros

Amazing colleagues and management.

Rodericks Locum

This particular practice is well run and has a good team which is not the case across the board in this corporate.I would recommend doing a Locum first before making a permanent commitment and get the BDA to advise on the contract offered.

Great team!

I worked at Rodericks Kendal practice, and what a fantastic team they are! Everyone was so helpful and supportive when I first started nothing was too much trouble. The practice manager is excellent, she is knowledgable, approachable and very hands on. I was sorry to leave the practice, the only downside was payroll didn’t manage to get my tax code correct and I was emergency taxed despite having my P45 in ample time to make sure that was sorted. Overall, practice fantastic, admin not so much....

Pros

Strong team

Great supportive dental practice

Clinically focused and well managed mixed practice.Our practice is well managed locally with a very supportive and experienced team, but with the benefit of advice from the area manager or compliance if required (without being intrusive).

Pros

Clinical support/patient choice/CPD/management

Cons

So far so good :)

Overall a good company

I worked for Rodericks for many years and had progressed within the company. I enjoyed my time with them and felt it was a great company if you want progression. My team were great and head office staff had always been helpful however the only downfall is the pay - unfortunately all staff that had left including myself were all due to pay. Gain the skills and then use them somewhere you’re paid more.

Pros

Great staff, appreciated, good hours

Cons

Pay

Very productive and patient centred practices

Rodericks Dental is a patient centred group of practices that deliver amongst the highest quality mixed practices. Their support for clinicians is unparalleled and I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for the best corporate

Pros

Excellent place to work

Cons

Best thing I ever did was work for this company!!!!

I have worked for rodericks for 4 years now and I am reluctant to move as they trained me up as a dental nurse, they encourage and finance new courses for nurses helping you to progress within your role. The pay although low for a qualified nurse is secure, right every month and if any issues arise with pay they have an amazing HR that sort it straight away! Best company I’ve ever worked for

Pros

Great working hours!

Cons

You have to be so flexible so if you have kids or may be harder in that respect

Decent workplace

Have worked for the company for several years now, though I have trained and qualified as a dental nurse through this company I do not think that the company pays enough for travel or the amount of work the staff do.

Look furthermore

Rodericks make you work hard but will never appreciate what you do they will belittle you in my experience make you feel so small you don’t have any energy to even try and put a front on just push you to the edge until you feel you can work no more.

Pros

1hour lunch

Cons

Working here promised progression but no progression pay is extremely low not worth it.

Unprofessional

Not very hygienic! Staff go to and from work in their uniforms. Reception staff often heard talking inappropriately in front of patients and often quite rude on the phone etc.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

No consistency, staff often phone in sick

Working at rodericks

Early starts in the mornings. A typical day goes quickly because of the high volume of patients it can get quite busy most times. They do provide training but its not first class so you have to apply yourself and be determined to progress, or else you'll end up getting frustrated. Management and bi monthly inspections are strict but fair. Good teamwork. Learnt good values.

Good for progression

They have been great for me with progressing in the company however the pay is not always level with similar jobs in the area. .

Thrown in the deep end

Staff are uninterested in training you to full potential and would rather sit on reception gossiping or in the staff room whilst you are left to fend for yourself in practice with less than a weeks experience shadowing. Management were reluctant to address these issues with long term staff for fear of losing the

Great for those who fit

Totally money driven, they say they care about people but they really don't. They create unnecessary issues and whilst other area managers are good to mine would never have anything positive to say unless you have something that fits into her own agenda.

Former Trainee Dental Nurse

No teamwork at all No equality for all staff Lack of stock No overtime paid Poor management No parking on site,the cheapest car park was at St Peters Car Park(Argos)-£3.50/day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rodericks Dental Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8