Rodericks Dental Limited
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Rodericks Dental Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom69 reviews

Fast-paced & challenging but great progression opportunities.

A fast-paced and challenging environment. The pay is below average however there are great progression opportunities within the company. It is a great company to start your career with in dentistry however most staff move on once qualified.

No training bad pay

Your not given much training. Left to deal with difficult patients. Management favourites colleagues and will push you out if you speak out about the truth.

Insights into Rodericks Dental Limited

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Not a good place to work

I worked at the green lane practice in derby. It was a very poor place to work, very high staff turnover. Constantly having to go to other practices to cover - someone had to go at least once a week. Manager at the time was awful - didn’t trey staff equally- prefer revive practice that she also managed and showed it in very vindictive ways. Pay low and no more progression. I left as soon as I finished my dental nurse course. Would honestly avoid this company especially the derby practice.

Cons

Cover at other practices (far away), low pay, poor management including awful area managers

Organised

I work with amazing and friendly people. There are lots of learning opportunities for growth and development which is supported by experienced, dedicated and understanding staff. Very professional work environment.

Look elsewhere!! Avoid

Lack of management , manager was never there. When things are not working or break nobody around to support us. The company would not fund the practice and say we can’t order this we can’t order that or you have to fill out paperwork to ask for things. Yet you charge pts ridiculous amounts despite we didn’t have proper materials for our job and to deliver. What a joke ! IMMORAL!. You want to promote private work yet you can’t even do bare minimum of providing basic materials, equipment. This is really embarrassing. Shambles! Without myself and the other staff members who held the practice that place would be up FOR SALE a long time ago. Underpaid for the work we do. You wonder why staff turnovers is high as you don’t give a s***t about us and only care what goes into your pockets. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Pros

Staff worked well as a team

Cons

Underpaid, poor management, lack of support, don’t care about staff members

Good people to work with

TERRIBLE PAY, only good for trainees. Good colleagues, nice young team. Easy to progress in terms of role. Difficult to get a pay rise no matter how many years you have been there.

Would highly recommend

I have received nothing but support and encouragement since I joined Rodericks! I really enjoy my job, I am given the freedom to do my role how I see fit, but my manager is always there to guide me when needed and ensure I am always learning.This company is large enough for good progression but small enough to ensure support is always there when needed whether from your AM or the support centre. I am very grateful to Rodericks for the opportunities given

Perfect for career development

I've worked for Rodericks as a nurse and as a newbie practice manager. I have been supported in both roles by my managers and team. They encourage career development and are happy to put you through courses and training to achieve your goals.

Pros

Flexible hours Great career development opportunities

Good place to work people friendly good work environment Pay could be better Made friends Breaks were organised Nice atmosphere Mixed she group of people

Fantastic place to work

I moved to Rodericks Dental, after working 14 years at another company. I love how nice and friendly everyone is within the company and how it feels like a closer network / family. The directors and my area manager are amazing and I’m so honoured to work under them. Rodericks is a company that really care about their staff and want to support them to develop into future roles. I am so happy working at Rodericks and I can’t wait to see what the future holds.

Varied and lively workplace

Everyone here at Rodericks Dental is welcoming and friendly. Rodericks progress their staff here within a leadership course. I am excited to see how they are going to help me personally and professionally develop.

Pros

Dental discounts, flexible working and free parking.

Cons

Although I have not been at Rodericks for very long, I have yet discovered any cons about Rodericks Dental.

Changed job after 15 years and wish I came to Rodericks sooner

After working in retail for 15 years, it's safe to say the grass was greener on the other side for me.Work/life balance is much better.Amazing training platforms to help guide you in your new role.Support at a drop of a hat from other practices, area manager or head office.I've always enjoyed management and I'm given the freedom to treat the practice like it's my own business with the support available when I need it. I'm glad I took the leap of faith into a completely different path for my career, I've never looked back.

supportive environment, great staff

Great company to work for. Encourage work life balance. Lots of training and progression available. Management is supportive. Ability to develop each practice in an individual way depending on your area and patient needs.

Pros

Training platforms provided including all CPD, GDC registrations paid for, Progression, Support from head office

Look elsewhere

Management don’t take any advice or suggestions, they don’t care about best practice. Dentists and nurses overworked, expected to do anything and everything with hardly any manager attendance. All through what’s app. Under appreciated, over worked, spoken down to, expected to roll over backwards for them while they do as they please. Will send you to cover other practices when you’re either on the way to work or already at your main practice. Overall, dental staff are fed up and management is diabolical.

Pros

Colleagues great

Cons

Majority

Productive, fun and rewarding

I've worked here for several months and I'm really enjoying my time with the company. My manager and colleagues are great and have welcomed me as part of the team. HR are helpful when I have needed to speak to them. It's my first time working in this sort of environment and I feel that I have been trained and shown how to do things in an easy and helpful way. I also like that you can progress and develop your skills/career within the company. The hours are great and what I was looking for.

Not a great place to work.

You would be used as an agency nurse for minimum wage! Expected to travel throughout the different practices when there are short staffed for no extra money. Staff turn over is ridiculous! Management are up their own backsides! Will always side with the patient over the member of staff! The nurses cross infection is horrendous throughout! The more you do - the less your thought of!!

Pros

Some of dentists and nurses are nice.

Cons

Long hours, get treated like a skivvy, minimum wage!

Best Dental Company I have worked for - They have so Much to Offer

Since starting at Rodericks in 2020, when I started as a dental nurse, there has been nothing but encouragement and help from my managers and the team at head office. I have now progressed to Practice Manager and have been supported through the role every step of the way - there is always someone friendly there at the end of the phone if needed.

Pros

always encouraged to progress - options for progression always available

Horrendous place too work.

Awful place too work mangers disgusting allow patients to speak to staff in a threatening manor and too stop complaints offer free treatments sack people without going about it the correct way

Pros

None.

Cons

Underpaid, over worked spoken and treated disgusting.

A typical Corporate company

Our practice was bought out by Rodericks. It was a complete shambles from day one. False promises were made and standards quickly deteriorated. Completely profit orientated with little regard to employing the correct people and retaining excellent staff.

Pros

Cons

Lack of knowledge from Area Managers and Head office. Lack of appreciation. Poor recruitment choices

I fell very supported and have strong leadership on my role

I feel Listened to & supported and have my views and values considered My manager gives me clear guidance and I understand the expectations of me. I love the team and being part of meeting KPIs

Pros

Work life balance Development Progression

Cons

Difficult Industry

Under paid and under appreciated

The worst company to work for, do not appreciate staff. Employ useless managers that don’t know what they are doing then area managers are completely unsupportive

Pros

Work/home balance is okay

Cons

Bad pay, bad management, bad area management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rodericks Dental Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement