Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

Everything you would expect from a leading defence supplier with a high calibre of employees in a relaxed professional manner, led by a knowledgeable and committed management.
Pros
Interesting Varied work
Cons
Travel time
A normal working place with one huge plus: we make the best cars on earth. If you are not a hard worker and you are not willing to take the responsibility then you must be one of those who wrote a bad review. We are craftsman and we love perfection. The money could be better considering we do a unique and amazing job. Hope my manager read it. Haha
Pros
The result of our work
Cons
It’s been an absolute joy to work for Rolls Royce at Derby and Bristol. Great opportunities for advancement and promotion. You get appraised and become significant in the work you do. It’s easy to get support just ask for it. Generous remuneration with benefits. It’s a company that connects with its employees and provides growth and contribution. It’s a very well financed organisation and it will look after its employees even though it’s asking for volunteers to redundancy. Some good and some bad it can’t all have good times. So be prepared to take the good with the bad. Skills are recognised and opportunities and training is given free.
Pros
Generous salary with bonus
Cons
You need skills and high standards if you don’t have them you will Not get in
Working at rolls Royce was the best opportunity I’ve ever had and I can’t wait to apply for future vacancies once I complete my course and become fully qualified,
Good
Cons
An amazing place to work. A friendly amazaning atmosphere. Great work ethics. I cant pick any faults whatsoever. I would highly recommend anyone who has the opportunity to work at rolls royce. I would still be their if it weren't for the pandemic
Working at Rolls-Royce was a great experience, the work was interesting and the teamwork and technical support outstanding , all the design work I was involved with was very thorough, design review gate were set at various stages of the design by presenting to various disciplines within the business to make sure any risks were addressed
Great culture and highly skilled people. A lot of opportunities and very relaxed atmosphere. Great management.
Pros
Solid career progression
If you want to be a manager, great you’ve found the right place.Ensure you can waffle endlessly and have a skill for covering yourself.If you want to achieve as a technical person, forget it. You’ll be a pawn used by the high flyers.There are many better ways to make your money for less hours invested, think of cash in hand trades.If you really want to see how well the company is doing, look past all the glossy well managed image presented, and read up the issues investors have to consider when reading the FT. All the engine problems are a measure of the company’s true state.Also, environment is very toxic, symptomatic of an organisation run on fear and anxiety. Think of how many times the workforce has faced round of redundancy over the last 10 years.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Politics and technically weak leadership
Excellent friendly team members at the time I worked there. Found the actual Rolls Royce members of Staff very loyal to the Company. At times found the nominated freight forwarder was not working for the Companies best interest
Pros
Excellent facility
Cons
In-house forwarder
I couldn’t recommend a better company to work for. Had it not have been for redundancy due to COVID I would still be there for many years. The teams and managers are great.
Pros
Excellent company, very rewarding and exciting work great teams
Cons
A typical day would start with meetings focussed on the current engine on test and would move on to meeting the customer requirements for any failures of components I was responsible for. Once the replacements of solutions were addressed then the remainder of the day would be around planning the weeks ahead and the next up and coming engine test. Ensuring all my components are in stock serviceable and supplied on time to engine build was a daily/weekly planning session. As each engine testing is complete, my role was take part in physical inspections and ship components back to suppliers for strip down condition reports.
Pros
Team work great comradery great support.
Cons
Slow progression when older
Cut throat environment, good pay, expected to do way more than your paid hours 70 hours plus, no job security, boys club, would not recommend at all, disappointed I expected a great company
Pros
Hmmm
Cons
Very long hours
Rolls Royce has an unsurpassable reputation as world leaders in the aerospace propulsion industry, their products are world beaters, their people are so much invested in that they are among the best engineers in the world.
Pros
Great company, flexibility to use own initiative
Cons
Aerospace falls during pandemic, lag time of two years to recover
Company look after you as long as you show commitment, and that's all you can ask for. The standard of work is high and you need to concentrate but other than that it's a nice atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Relaxed feel of place
Cons
A bit noisy
The work itself was not difficult but there were ongoing personal disruptions wherein the person for whom I had been hired to support would leave after receipt of phone call from adult daughter. Daughter was co-dependent which was brought on by supervisor taking over daughter's life and that of granddaughter. There were instances where daughter OR granddaughter would send text messages some times with photos and other times simpy texts. This was an ongoing issue and frustrating because I would interrupt others for clarification to a question I had. Upper management was aware of interruptions but work was performed by supervisor after hours.
Pros
co-workers were great to work with
Cons
Ongoing personal interruptions
As above - and don’t get me wrong... There is some people who will always find negatives...From my point of view (and I went from 12 years experience in automotive industry, fast paced to last the second, simple, repetitive processes, boring life, long hours)... Going into aviation literally gives you another dimension. If possible - get yourself a job at RR
Pros
Being sorted for rest of your life
Cons
Shifts take a fair bit of your social life... but if only you enjoy what you do - do not hesitate
Job was fine, poor management, unfortunately, worst work environment in my career, childishness. Working shifts; 1st week 6 - 14:30, 2nd 15:00 - 23:30. It is easy to loose a job there as company knows everyone is easy replaceable. The company introduced 4 values 2 years ago: Trust, Transparency, Openness and Appreciation; however those were just to catch an eye of visitors or new employees. The reality was completely different. You could trust pretty much nobody (back-stabbers). Most of the time no transparency or openness from management and if could be dangerous to be transparent or open. We didn't feel to be appreciated. When we were told "thank you" it felt to be just words. People outside of RR have very good opinion about the company, but when you work there you release that the reality is very different.
Do not recommend this company to work for. It’s not only my view on it. Managers are not helpful, would even write that they are making more chaos and they are not treating equal employees. Hiding problems and bullying are day to day thing. Payroll and HR is even worst. This company should be first put to the court for all violation of laws that they are doing.
Pros
Cons
Everything what you shouldn’t receive as a normal thing in your work and constantly fight
If you work as agency staff, your a nobody.Gi Matchtech/Gattaca are terrible, and just do care, as long as they are getting their percentage. The only people that get respect and benefits, are the ones that have a RR contract.
Allocated work by allocator.Learned how to repair engine components.Generally team members managed themselves as per RR culture.The most enjoyable part of the job was the workforce! Most were happy to be at work.
Pros
Excellent facilities and workplace
Cons
Dumped like a hot potato due to covid
I was on 6 month contract at r/r and only actualy did 3 month due to the mass resundancys announcedBut me and a freind was kept in to the very last moment ,My time there was short but what a fantastic place to work !It was my goal ro work there !And my work freinds were brilliant also my line manager Would love the opportunity to get back
Pros
Wages
  1. Employee reviews