Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

United Kingdom591 reviews

Found 591 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,468 reviews
rollsroycerollengineorganisationderbyengineeringaerospacerole

Great place to work, however…

I worked at Rolls-Royce Barnoldswick for 23 years and can say it’s a great place to work and the rewards are amazing. There’s plenty of opportunities to advance your career and further your promotion to higher levels. However the unions and management hate each other with a passion which causes lots of opportunities to be lost due to failure to agree silliness. They also allow lazy, bone idle workers to get away with murder and seem scared to challenge bad behaviour; and some union stewards seem to be in endless meetings all day causing staff shortages in some departments; something else they failed to sort out. During my time here, I met some amazing people and made friends with a lot of good, honest men and women. Rolls-Royce is a good place to work for if you stayed clear of the one or two morons who spoilt it for everyone.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Morons spoil it for everybody

Productive , great atmosphere

I was contracting at the PMF site in Derby. Best 2 years contracting I’ve had. Purely for work life balance and the lads and lasses on shop floor were awesome. Made friends for life. Managers and production leaders were brilliant, Straight forward

Insights into Rolls-Royce

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great company to work for

Rolls-Royce is a brilliant company to work. Large with many different career opportunities. You need to have an idea of what you want to gain from your time there and then the possibilities are endless.The Aero industry has struggled a lot due to Covid and projects do have long lead times but Rolls-Royce is a great company to build a career at

Pros

Good development & training, prestigious company

Cons

Derby is a small city so not everyone's cup of tea

Nice place to work

On the whole RR is good company to work for and people usually friendly and helpful. My role is somewhere between a strategic and operational buyer i.e. working on lta's one minute and churning out po's the next. Horrific amount of very dull compliance work. They seem to be happy for you to WFH but that could easily change with a new CEO on the horizon.

Pros

Work from home, remuneration ok, people great

Cons

Hours can be long, worst IT support you can imagine

Challenging at times. Quality is everything naturally. You have to be aware that everything has to be perfect. I work in the aerospace side of things. No room for mistakes!Teamwork essential.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Pressure!

Sucks the soul from you

If you value your soul and sanity, do not work here.It's a sweatshop where management do not care about you one bit.Constant monotonous work will eventually drive you insane

Pros

Zero, zilch

Cons

Absolutely everything

Nice work place

Good progression opportunities and work atophere was excellent great people. Working hrs are good excellent rates of pay work course available to progress your knowledge

Great Company - Great People

Loved working there, great support from the home office and very knowledgeable people always available to help me out with anything I might need, Available to me 24/7

Pros

Worked in the field as an FSR, was great

Limited Progression

Good company for early careers, with plenty of learning opportunities and managers actively encouraging promotions through the grades (to meet their own goals). Once you’ve exhausted the staff grades however (circa 5 years), all increases in reward stop and opportunities to progress further stop being based on ability.

Pros

Flexible, free tea and coffee in-site

Cons

Lack of manager recognition

In decline

Company feels like it is in slow decline culturally. Quality and care do not match what people expect when they see the name. Management is terrible, managers are thrown in with little support and left to struggle. Opportunities to progress come easiest to those who are inept at their jobs. Very poor discipline, with managers unable to tackle quite blatant offences. If it wasn't for the money I'd have left long ago.

Very clean and good environment to work in.

Would love to go back to work at tools Royce enjoyed all my previous years there. Meet many people over the years and made many many friends very happy.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Nice place to work if it was not for certain individuals.

Fantastic company to work for never got taken on full-time as some of the management were not fair and favoured other people worked there for nearly 3 years and was never given a permanent job.

Pros

Top company to work for

Cons

Rubbish management

Productive and collaborative workplace

Employed as a contractor and treated well by colleagues and management. I think the pandemic has shown that hybrid/home working is now an definite option for certain organisations that will be beneficial to staff retention/productivity.

stuck up people

people who work direct for rolls royce think they are better than any one else, i was security here and people had no respect for security even though i was there to protct the workers and the company.

Good staff. 👍 team focused

Relaxed but firm and responsible team ethos. Smile " get the job done" attitude. Not great interacting with American colleagues on several projects. Reliance on self motivation .

Pros

Possible advancement

Cons

No succession training, Reliance on outside recruitment . Based on qualifications rather that skill levels and experience.

Great company to work for that has had experience dampen by apprenticeship management

Rolls-Royce is a great company to work for, but the apprenticeship has had its issues.Since day one there has been issues with the way the apprenticeship has been managed, a combination from the company and the external college which provided the foundation training. Most of these issues have been in the form of miss-communication, high levels of apprentice management staff turnover and under-trained staff working at the college. This has resulted in a lot of stressful situations which could normally be rectified easily but with the bloated management system for apprentices, it seems many issues are allowed to develop rather than being rectified promptly. One the other hand, the company has done well to protect the vast majority of apprentice jobs throughout the pandemic, and the quality of learning and training I have had whilst in the workplace has been fantastic. The pay is decent for apprentices and becomes very competitive once qualified. The workload is very manageable and there is flexibility with choosing shift patterns. (At least where I work, and qualified).Overall I would recommend an Apprenticeship at RR but just try to keep yourself focused on the end goal. There will likely be times when stress builds due to factors out of your control, but this can be avoided by trying not to get caught-up with these matters. At the end of the day, the more you put in, the more you will get out of it. Keep that in mind and you can go far at Rolls-Royce.

Pros

Very good pay once qualified. Rolls-Royce will help you go far. (If you put the work in).

Cons

Bloated apprenticeship management and training service.

Good place to work. Well laid out procedures. Too many reorgs

A great place with lot of good and knowledgeable people. Issue was too many reorgs so never were able to settle to a plan. Good training opportunities existed.

I enjoyed working there as a contractor rather than an employee.

The culture was good and I loved the team I worked in. I was a contractor at the time but I was mostly treated as any other employee for the 5 years I was there. I was asked if I would consider transferring onto the payroll as a full time employee but that didn't suit my needs at the time. Nearly 20 years on I have friends who are still there. Many have advanced through the company and a few have stayed put doing exactly the same job for their whole career. RR needs experts who know their field and it also values staff who are dynamic and flexible.

Great company to work for and I really advanced here.

A great company to work where I had a fantastic manager that really supported me. People were friendly, took the time to invest in me and there are plenty of opportunities for learning, development and growth.

A very good workplace to start a career

If you have a chance the job offers a very good place. Amazing people and easy to progress onwards also change roles and fields. You also get free fruits once a week.

Pros

vast company lots of room to progress

Cons

delays in communication

Ok workplace

Ok workplace. Good staff to get along with. Shifts vary. Management ok. Bit of an average place really. Keep your head down and you’ll do ok. Job security worrying.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Threat of job cuts hanging over your head

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement