Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Found 204 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,431 reviews

Wonderful and secure place to work

I worked at RR some 10 years before leaving for home. It was an exciting place to work and I was involved with some extremely money engineering and bleeding edge VR technology. Would highly recommend a career here. The only thing that lets the company down is it's IT which is diabolical.

Pros

output is exciting, team are wonderful, Support, inclusiveness, salary

Cons

IT battle, Career advancement is hard. Allot of middle management. No working from home typically

Great people to work with and for.

Best company I've ever worked for, and should the opportunity arises I'd go back tomorrow. I've loved every minute, the people I worked with were amazing, couldn't have wished for better work mates. The management team were also pretty good.

Pros

Working environment is great

Cons

None that I've experienced

Poor progression for those who are more than ready

There is a classic paradox at RR. The people are the most important, but are the first to go when troubles mount. Why was the furlough scheme not taken / extended when offered to save UK jobs? What is the business doing to address the fact (that is hidden from media comms), that RR liabilities are higher much than assets? Poor culture in terms of transparency and backward culture for ambitious staff for progression. I would think again about joining RR; there are much more progressive and positive companies out there.

Pros

Some offices have been ‘done up’

Cons

Leadership focused on the ‘bright lights’, Leadership not attentive / recognising enough on the other significant achievements.

Fun and very interesting

Great place to work and become specialist in a field of interest. Loads of people willing to help out. Competitive to keep you achieving. Highly recommend company as previous employee

Pros

Lots to learn -

Cons

Watch your work life balance is maintained

A nice atmosphere

Mostly very good professional people all around. Cateen's with great healthy food. Stress relief table tennis available at any time. Interesting projects to work on in a company full of innovation.

Pros

Innovative company to work for top in its class

Cons

Can be stressful

Brilliant place to work employees well looked after

A progressive modern blue chip company in which to work. The employees are continuously developed and challenged and the salary is the best in the city of Derby with other comparable roles. Would definitely recommend it.

Pros

A competitive benefits package

Cons

Long hours required

A place for real craftsman

A normal working place with one huge plus: we make the best cars on earth. If you are not a hard worker and you are not willing to take the responsibility then you must be one of those who wrote a bad review. We are craftsman and we love perfection. The money could be better considering we do a unique and amazing job. Hope my manager read it. Haha

Pros

The result of our work

Advance Defence Aero company

It’s been an absolute joy to work for Rolls Royce at Derby and Bristol. Great opportunities for advancement and promotion. You get appraised and become significant in the work you do. It’s easy to get support just ask for it. Generous remuneration with benefits. It’s a company that connects with its employees and provides growth and contribution. It’s a very well financed organisation and it will look after its employees even though it’s asking for volunteers to redundancy. Some good and some bad it can’t all have good times. So be prepared to take the good with the bad. Skills are recognised and opportunities and training is given free.

Pros

Generous salary with bonus

Cons

You need skills and high standards if you don’t have them you will Not get in

Good company to work for

Great culture and highly skilled people. A lot of opportunities and very relaxed atmosphere. Great management.

Pros

Solid career progression

Lego manager factory

If you want to be a manager, great you’ve found the right place.Ensure you can waffle endlessly and have a skill for covering yourself.If you want to achieve as a technical person, forget it. You’ll be a pawn used by the high flyers.There are many better ways to make your money for less hours invested, think of cash in hand trades.If you really want to see how well the company is doing, look past all the glossy well managed image presented, and read up the issues investors have to consider when reading the FT. All the engine problems are a measure of the company’s true state.Also, environment is very toxic, symptomatic of an organisation run on fear and anxiety. Think of how many times the workforce has faced round of redundancy over the last 10 years.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Politics and technically weak leadership

The best

I couldn’t recommend a better company to work for. Had it not have been for redundancy due to COVID I would still be there for many years. The teams and managers are great.

Pros

Excellent company, very rewarding and exciting work great teams

Unhappy

Cut throat environment, good pay, expected to do way more than your paid hours 70 hours plus, no job security, boys club, would not recommend at all, disappointed I expected a great company

Pros

Hmmm

Cons

Very long hours

Productive and relaxed

Company look after you as long as you show commitment, and that's all you can ask for. The standard of work is high and you need to concentrate but other than that it's a nice atmosphere to work in.

Pros

Relaxed feel of place

Cons

A bit noisy

Hmmm... if posibble - make it your lifetime job

As above - and don’t get me wrong... There is some people who will always find negatives...From my point of view (and I went from 12 years experience in automotive industry, fast paced to last the second, simple, repetitive processes, boring life, long hours)... Going into aviation literally gives you another dimension. If possible - get yourself a job at RR

Pros

Being sorted for rest of your life

Cons

Shifts take a fair bit of your social life... but if only you enjoy what you do - do not hesitate

Reasonable salary, not great company environment

Job was fine, poor management, unfortunately, worst work environment in my career, childishness. Working shifts; 1st week 6 - 14:30, 2nd 15:00 - 23:30. It is easy to loose a job there as company knows everyone is easy replaceable. The company introduced 4 values 2 years ago: Trust, Transparency, Openness and Appreciation; however those were just to catch an eye of visitors or new employees. The reality was completely different. You could trust pretty much nobody (back-stabbers). Most of the time no transparency or openness from management and if could be dangerous to be transparent or open. We didn't feel to be appreciated. When we were told "thank you" it felt to be just words. People outside of RR have very good opinion about the company, but when you work there you release that the reality is very different.

Terrible place to work

Do not recommend this company to work for. It’s not only my view on it. Managers are not helpful, would even write that they are making more chaos and they are not treating equal employees. Hiding problems and bullying are day to day thing. Payroll and HR is even worst. This company should be first put to the court for all violation of laws that they are doing.

Pros

Cons

Everything what you shouldn’t receive as a normal thing in your work and constantly fight

One of the best companies to work for

Rolls-Royce plc is one of the best companies in the midlands to work for. As long as you don't take advantage of the company and do a good job the company will look after you.If you would like to be flexible in your role or would like to be trained in management role then Rolls-Royce will support you with your training.Best company I have worked for in the last 35 years.

Pros

Flexible working hours, Job stability, Good training, Good salary & holiday entitlement, good team building

Cons

Long hours in some areas

Great company.

Great company with many perks. Most jobs can be boring as it's manufacturing. But there are many different areas. So there are bound to be more interesting areas. Across the world.

Pros

Pride in working for a renowned company. Excellent wage. Great people.

Cons

Very boring

Cliquey and dishonest

Never know what’s going on in terms of redundancy, can only climb the ladder if your face fits, people sat around doing nothing, and gossip filled colleagues mentally consumed with jealousy waiting for any opportunity to throw dirt on your name in the hopes of progression

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything else

A great company who desing, manufacture and support complex products

Rolls Royce is a good place to work, you are well treated, respected and your peers are some of the best in the business. The are some very interesting projects and the products, from a Nuclear Reactor plant to a 90,000lb thrust jet engine are extremely impressive. They can be a bit slow to react, but change is possible and ideas will be listened to. All in all a good employer.

Pros

Culture, technical capability, salary and benefits

Cons

Slow management, inflexibility.

Good company but job security low at present

Good company to work for but due to the huge dip in aerospace market the job security is low. The company is collaborative and interesting work but due to the down turn in work in 2020 in aerospace if you want job security this is not the industry to be in at the moment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Rolls-Royce with

• Rolls-Royce
  • Work-life balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?