Roof Maker Ltd

Roof Maker Ltd Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews

Could do better

Ok place to work but low pay and very physical. Some great people there, plenty of better places to work though. You get a free egg if you do a real good roof making.

Pros

Free egg

Cons

Very physical work, low pay, only one toilet between 3000 people.

Not a very good company. Avoid

A very unpleasant and hostile environment to be employed under. The management team has no idea what they’re doing and blame you for their own mistakes. They lie straight to your face and like to keep you in the shadow. Very dirty, filthy, unhealthy and unsafety environment. Most of the people working in production are good, helpful and hardworking guys

Insights into Roof Maker Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Staff and Management are Poor. Avoid working here.

I do not recommend working for these guys. Staff and management are in disarray. There is alot of blame culture. Job security is very slim and the wages for the factory are poor, no negotiation for any pay rises past probation. The Management do not listen to you. More factory and office staff go out the door than the roof lights. People I have spoken to and met over the years are not happy to work here. I would avoid.

Production Line

It’s a poor disorganisation that has a high turnover due to lack of management skills or planning. The supervisors are knowledgeable, but senior management are visibly poor and lack understanding of what is required. The culture created is slightly toxic and they do prey on people. Could be a decent place if change is implemented.

Pros

Free lunch sometimes

Cons

Micro Management

Not valued in the right places

Roofmaker have had some great people but they are not always valued and rarely see progression unless you 'know the right person' Good products but often experienced greediness from management which had a snowball effect on the way workers are treated.Open to lying to both employees and customers to cover mistakes.Friendly evironment to work in when everything is going well.

Pros

Parking, location

Cons

No HSEQ, little progress opportunity, poor values

Great Company

Great company to work for, team was great as was management. Workload sometimes was more than required for a comfortable work/life balance. Job role was good in the fact I learned a lot about different aspects of the company.

Standard Answer Goes Here

A good company making rooflights and skylights for the UK and international markets. Based in Thurmaston, Leicester within easy reach of local communitied.

Great place to work for.

Firstly id arrive 10 miutes early to check what needs to be done for the wjhole day. Would then strat on my workload. Management was good my boss was very easy to talk to if i had problems. I would say the hardest part was entering data as well as answering the phone. How ever in my most recent jobs i am able to multi task quickly and effieciently.Most enjoyable part was home time!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roof Maker Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement