Rookie Rockstars

Rookie Rockstars Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

Not Just a Job

I currently run the school of music. Although a very busy non stop job, i feel appreciated and feel like im making a difference to hundreds of childrens lives.

Best job I've ever had

Great to come to work and work with the kids. The manager of the music schools is supportive and approachable. Feels good to be part of a team with a common goal to help mental health.

Pros

Training days

Cons

Busy periods

Insights into Rookie Rockstars

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Best company I have ever worked for.You are part of a great team and are surrounded by a very supportive Management team.

I work independently from home as the Fundraising Manager. I am left to get on with the job but know I can email/phone anyone within the Rookie Rockstars team for advice at any time. I have learnt a huge amount about the charitable sector in the 9 months I have been with them and also about the huge challenges facing people with mental health issues.My job is a challenging and very difficult in the current climate but at no point have I felt pressurised - in fact - praise is given for the smallest thing.The management team have provided me with all the necessary information to progress in this role and really enjoy working within this charity.

Pros

Trust, Appreciation and Flexibility.

Don’t waste your time

Very poor wage for private tutoring, considering they keep half the money all your students pay. no job security/progression due to them not wanting to employ you to the company, asking you to be self employed instead. No training and you’re not paid if students don’t show up, meaning you can be there for 6+ hours and get paid for half an hour.

Official response from Rookie Rockstars

17 January 2022
All of our tutors are fully employed. We used to have self-employed tutors years ago but we have since employed them all to give them job security, paid holidays, and other benefits of employment. I'm especially confused as all tutors are paid if their students don't show up and this has always been the case. If the poster of this review was ever paid for just half an hour for a shift I'd encourage them to please get in touch as this is most definitely an error! ThanksSara DansonGeneral Manager

Great Place to Work

I was employed by Rookies to work in their charity shop and loved working for this company. They have such an amazing culture and the managerial staff are so supportive and approachable!! Highly recommend!!

Best Company I've ever worked for.

Rookie Rockstars is easily the best company I have worked for. I'm surprised at 2 negative reviews I can only assume it's people with an axe to grind. Is it the best paid Job in the world? No. But then what other companies help the numbers of people that we do. Is what's lacking in pay made up for in other ways? For me, YESThe management go the extra mile to make sure we know we are appreciated. Even the CEO is available to talk to if needed. He also from time to time just sends an email out thanking folks for the job they are doing and has on several occasions taken the whole team out to dinner just to say thank you. I've certainly not received that before.It feels like a family. I feel valued, respected and part of something special. I'd highly recommend working here if the opportunity arises for anyone else.

Pros

It's a family. I feel valued

Employer of Values

Really positive environment with a friendly team. So supportive. A great place to work !! The ethos of the charity is great, the work is challenging but the training provided is brilliant.

Pros

Fantastic team

Cons

Charity wages

Supportive and worthwhile career

Culture is like a big family - very supportive and always there to help. Inspiring values and ethos which are shared by everyone. We all have a say in ways to perform our job, are trusted to deliver and encouraged to grow.

Pros

Culture, values and inclusive management style

Cons

Third sector salaries aren't the best

Productive and fun workplace.

It is a very fun place to work at. I enjoy helping to prepare the stock especially. The staff are all so friendly and fun to be around. I also fully support the charity's cause, of helping young people, especially children and teenagers, with mental health issues, particularly caused by bullying, through the use of music. Very proud to be part of the Rookie Rockstars team.

Unprofessional and unsupportive

The organisation has a really good idea and reason for what they established which is what sounded attractive at first HOWEVER their mental health side is very unprofessional, there is no support/supervision for employed counsellors, working in schools without disclosure, payment is very poor, struggled to receive my holiday pay after end of employment and most of all bullying and concerning behaviour from top management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rookie Rockstars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement