Room to Read

Room to Read Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and productive workplaces

At Room to Read it provided me a top opportunity to practice my Illustration skills and ability. I became a successful candidate to execute number of drawings that helped to improve the literacy. Room to Read environment promoted my wellbeing, energy and – in these most of my time – happiness. The hardest part of the job is up taking temporary projects. The most enjoyable is knowing clearly what I did was contributing to organisation goal of improving literacy and gender equality

Pros

Room for creativity

Cons

Temporary projects

Excellent Non-profit organization

Room to Read is an excellent organization that is an efficient NGO in their sector (education). Turnover seems high in the last year and i think this is partly due to low compensation but this usually goes hand in hand with working with a non-profit. The difficult thing is that they are headquartered in one of the most expensive cities in the world. Making (relatively) low compensation even more troublesome. Overall though, they conduct impactful and innovative work. The organization continues to grow and is becoming a thought-leader in education for development economics. Everyone at the company is a joy to work with and you will be hard pressed to find a more meaningful mission or workplace.

I was happy to work with room to read.

Its a very good organization to work.we can always learn new things& will grow up day to day in life.I suggest everybody if you want learn new things & you can do better in education sector then you must join this organization(Room To Read)

Need of Room to read for every learners..

Room to read is a great place to work. There is many opportunities for learning to itself and engagement with community, teachers, children and other government officer. Room to read has support to carrier development and it's goal is every people knows his values.

Learning n enjoy my job.

*. अपनी लोकेशन पर टाइम पर पहुंचना,और टीचर्स का वेट करना। * मेने रूम टू रीड में जॉब करते हुए अपने अंदर एक कॉन्फिडेंस को grow होते देखा, * Aneducated people and poor peoples *Data is not coming on time. *Enjoy with students.

Great Place to work for sure

Culture where employees are encouraged to work in collaboration , innovate and supports work life balance . Ample growth and learning opportunities if you willing to work hard

Working environment of Room to Read is staffs friendly

Room to Read gives me the opportunities to develop my capacity on reading and writing instruction. Room to Read always work for high quality. Staffs wellbeing is a top priority here. The most enjoyable part of my job was to work with school teachers and students.

it was so productive

it was so productive and enjoyable as every days work, and also the people that I was working with they were so caring to each other, I wish I could work with people like them in future

Pros

free breakfast

Cons

working during holidays

I have learned a lot from this job. In this job I have to give life skill to girls. And I make sure that all girls become self sufficient. management is good..... There is some hardest part of this job but they don't matter a lot...we should love our work... We should take interest in every work..then everything goes to fun...

Pros

Give life skill

Cons

I enjoy working for Room to Read and support their work at all times.

Room to Read is a fast-based, efficient, intellectual non-profit organization based world-wide and promotes Literacy and Girls Education. It is a great place to work for as you interact with staff from various cultures and background.

Pros

Flexible office hours and work from home

Cons

Family like working environment. The atmosphere is right.

It's an organisation that values creative ideas. Management is open to differing opinion. Staff are made conscious of the value of each shilling that comes into the organisation. Hence, there is emphasis on cost-effective expenditure to ensure every shilling spent is worth it.

Pros

Responsible freedom

Cons

Travel time to the office due to its location especially for those using public transport, not very friendly.

A place to learn new skill

Room to Read still needs to develop a culture to work as an organization. I hope this will be improving as the organization itself is new. I believe couple of senior managers needs to do more consultation with concerned team members before making any decision and or/ drawing any conclusion.

Pros

Paid time off

Cons

Work in pressure

Room to Read is a great place to work.

The organisation is a great place to work. you get a independent yet professional working environment.A typical working day would include field visit and documentation plus analysis work sitting in the office. The management gives you time and space to complete a task and stands by its employee in all success and challenges.The most enjoyable part of this job is that we are working with Primary school children and working for kids is awesome. The hardest part of the job comes when we are not open to changes.

Pros

13 month bonus

Cons

A lot of Travelling

Social work in education sector

Management & coaching. I learn hear how we identify the area of improvement then give motivational feedback so that we achieve our objects. We work to make a independent reader. Coaches the school teachers.

Pros

Trainings

Cons

Full time

great work place with full job statisfaction

a great place to work, positive ambience, supporting work culture, participatory management and collective decision making, great organisation committed for improving quality of education across the world, particularly in Asia and Africa, as its belief is that educated children can change the world.

Pros

staff policies, great field exposure to Asian countries

Cons

long hours and work life balancing

About Work related

No , I had no typical days in Room to Read because I am very happy in this organisation specially with girls.I was learned how do work with adolescent girls. I was enjoyed my job because that we haven't learn in childhood.This organisation gives us that opportunity to achieve and learn now.

good work

This is organization working towards education.I did audio transcription work.

Exceptionally smart colleagues

Great place to work with fun, dynamic colleagues where you are making a difference on global literacy and gender equality in education throughout Asia and Africa.

Great place to work! Passionate colleagues, friendly environment, challenging work, fast paces and a caring management team.

This is a top notch international non-profit organization. Anyone would be lucky to work at Room to Read!

Pros

mission, people, culture, international exposure

Cons

lots of work

Room to read

when employees submits requests at short notice.I learnt that employees need to plan so that things can be done appropriately.Management: Very proffessional and patient they just want the job done.Very good team playersHaving to deal with late submissions and having to account for their mistakes.Meeting all the targets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Room to Read. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

3.7Job security/advancement
  • Room to Read
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?