Roseberry Care Centres

Roseberry Care Centres Employee Reviews

United Kingdom105 reviews

centreresidentlovelysenioruserstaffsupportcare

Hard work but rewarding

You can make a difference to the lives of the residents. Unfortunately due to mandates I had to look for another job. It's long hours but the rewarding part is seeing your residents happy and comfortable.

I feel my job is full on. Committed.and always getting support hours suity lifestyle.i have hours that are suitable all learning is supported and up to date.freindley colleges.

Insights into Roseberry Care Centres

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Sorry to leave

Worked at Brantwood Hall care home. This is one of the best places I have worked at. I was blessed with an excellent management team aswell as co workers. As a maintenance assistant, it was nice to be listened to and get materials when needed. Jobs were varied and always appreciated for the work that was done, which is quite rare these days. The only reason I left was due to an opportunity that I couldn't turn down. Would I return at any point?... definitely, loved every minute.

Worst company

I have worked for the company for 4 years and In that time I have had 10 home managers. Management don't care what you want to say about the residents they are only interested in the money side filling beds and bring people in that don't fit to the home without full assessment of their needs. If something goes wrong it is the carers fault not theirs for the home failing. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for the company let alone put a loved family member in one of the homes. My dog gets looked after better in kennels than staff does in these homes. Always running on agency as they can't keep the staff. That says a lot about the homes and the good staff are leaving to go to the NHS

Cons

Great company, feel fully supported

Every day is different, feel supported in my role. Great work/life balance. Ability to progress within the company if wanted. Management is available when needed and you are listened too and valued in your role.

Management Team should be a headline act on Live at the Apollo.

If you want to work for a fantastic company that-* Really appreciates you* Values your work* Creates a good working environment* Values and supports your development* Pays well* Listens to your ideas* Is an overall fantastic company to work forThen, DO NOT WORK HERE......

Pros

There is none

Cons

Where do i start

Unprofessional

I only worked here for around 3 week as a night worker, staff were unprofessional and it was very institutionalised, with residents being woke up from 5am to get up and ready, this was to lessen the work load of the day staff. As a new starter I received very little support and often ended answering buzzers as they were not always answered. Hopefully things will have improved since I worked there.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Lack of team work, very clicky if you stand up for your self they don’t like it.

More work load added onto the night seniors. Often worked short staffed

I had no training for my role as a senior so when the unit managers were piling on more work load I sometimes felt stupid as I had no training. Also very clicky between certain staff & manager

Staff are very friendly treat you like family, always laughing and joking

Good company to work for, regional prizes are very good that happens every 3months new bonus after 6 month probation is good too.The management are always there for you

Very supportive, Happy place to work

I am a recently employed domestic staff member and i feel happy in my job, i have experienced no problems. Staff are friendly and management are supportive. Ability to work flexible shifts.

Pros

Shift work

Cons

Kind and caring place to work

Swiss Cottage provides outstanding care and a loving and caring place to work. multicultural and inclusive of all backgrounds. Domestics always leave the home clean, hygienic and smelling fresh. Proper equipment and training given. The home is very person centred in the care given. We are kept up to date and well informed. The management team are always available and always respond quickly to any questions with constant feedback. The nurses are excellent in their roles. The staff are welcoming and have made me feel like valued part of the team. The staff have been compassionate, caring and professional throughout,doing very special work under such difficult circumstances. (Covid19) D

Pros

Great team work, valued as a person. Nurses go above and beyond.

Cons

Hourly rate

Very rewarding work

Rewarding work, well structured. I go home feeling like I have made a change. Would recommend to any caring person. The management is supportive and on your side. The staff are friendly.

Pros

Management listen and are approachable. Good team work within the staff. Rewarding.

Cons

Long hours, could be better pay.

great place to work

Swiss cottage is a great place to work with fantastic staff who are very hard working friendly and supportive. Management are very welcoming and supportive. cedars unit is a fantastic unit since new seniors have started pines and oaks unit have improved and are very good supportive to everyone

Pros

welcoming to everyone, supportive, caring, friendly, hard working

Cons

Productive, Enjoyable place to work, Rewarding, Good management, Lovely staff.

I have recently been employed and I have found my time here brilliant, the management and staff have welcomed me with so much friendliness and support. I enjoy the challenge of my workload and to interact with our residents on a daily basis along with their relatives. I would definitely recommend working within this care home and I am looking forward to working here for many more years.

Pros

Good management, friendly staff, support.

amazing place to work.

i would recommend working at Swiss cottage the management are very supportive and very friendly to approach if you have any problems. staff work excellent together the team effort is great. staff skill mix on each unit is mostly always matched to the best they can do which is very appreciated. there has been massive improvements since new management. cedars unit has incredibly improved since the new seniors have started up there. communication is great with staff and family members. Swiss cottage is a very welcoming environment and i would recommend it fully.

Pros

amazing staff environment, good management, welcoming team.

Cons

none.

Was good to work here before roseburry care took over and ran it in to the ground

I worked for 4 company's this is the worst company I've ever worked for don't ever think of working for this lot upper management don't give a toss about staff . The staff always working short staffed . I have seen good staff leave this company all because of upper management not been bothered to look after the staff . Had 6 managers in 3 years what does that tell you upper management said we going to do this and that they done nothing but run staff in to the ground not many of the good staff left so full of promises more like full of lies

Pros

Non

Cons

Treat staff badly

Awful place to work

0 care for staff. 0 care for residents. No food available at night if the residents are hungry. Not good especially for diabetics. We have to bring our own food in for the residents because if we don’t, it’s neglect. Poor management. Absolutely no support. Stressful working conditions and nobody listens to your problems or concerns. The home is unclean and dirty. Would not recommend working here.

Pros

Cons

Disgusting place

Upper management are a waste of time no support

I would stay clear of roseberry care they allow there staff to work short they aren’t interested in the respondents only the money they are making the home has to be full occupancy or they are on your back demanding you do something about it No work life Ballance on call every weekend including when your on holiday Refused holiday requests

Pros

Cons

All off the above

A big fat NO

The management is a complete shambles, the senior staff are two faced to the majority of the carers. They employ young girls who have no experience and who look like they have just left college. There has been a number of rats and mice spottings in the carpark but nothing gets done about it. Theres been at least 2 that has been in the kitchen.Call bells are left as the carers cant be bothered to answer them straight away. Spillages are left for the residents to walk through and become a slip hazard. Equipment are become worn and broken and these are not replaced. Training is minimal and not professional. Good job I know manual handling after working in a couple of other care homes which had the proper working equipment unlike Ashlea Court.Meals are ok, just enough to go around once the pigs of carers help themselves. I bring my own food in so the residents can have my meal. We are overworked and the pay is shocking but at least it pays our bills.

Very understaffed

Expected to look after over 30 residents between 4 staff for 12 hour shifts. Constant sick notes for staff as they are burnt out. This job is a mental health causer. The staff and management are amazing but the company itself is a joke and needs to start putting more staff on before it gets reported to the CQC but some poor residents family.

Cons

Long hours Not enough staff daily

Awful!!

I worked in Amble at a care home for Roseberry and it was appalling. It was by far the worst job I have ever had. The level of care was poor and things had already been reported when I got there. People didn’t have their own clean underwear, not enough pads or toiletries, people were left in a mess. Whistleblowing to the manager was ignored and I felt that the lack of staff and the treatment of residents by certain staff members was a safeguarding issue. The manager penalised me for having a negative thing to say about the company even though it was affecting the safety of residents.Major understaffing issue. Not enough staff on day or night shift for the level of needs of the residents. Staff exhausted or just don’t care about the role. Hours taken away from bank staff if the cover is no longer needed. No loyalty. Staff are made to feel guilty in order to get them to cover a shift or are told that they are on with just new starters. Hoisting equipment does not work properly and the training given is shockingly bad - the trainer says they don’t care if something happens it’s not their fault.Certain staff members are listened to and some are not. Hard work goes unnoticed and any concerns you may have will definitely be ignored. Do not work here.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, understaffed, lack of resources, bad equipment, bad training, manager does not listen, whistleblowing ignored, bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roseberry Care Centres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement