Royal Agricultural University

Royal Agricultural University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

no real cons

I was only working there for a short time but it was good to make some quick money for a holiday. No cons at all really. work was easy to understand and management were nice.

RAU takes care of it's staff accordingly.

Good pay and excellent working conditions. Staff welfare taken care of. Free parking on campus. Subsidized meals and free coffee/tea. 30 days holidays.

Pros

Yes and parking spaces

Cons

N/a

Insights into Royal Agricultural University

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues

jolly good

had the best few years working in the housekeeping department. managers are super friendly and helpful along with some of the other staff, was always welcomed back every summer with open arms

Horrible place

Stay away from this company. The company lies about contract and working hours. Catering department contract says working 35 hours a week, but end up working 40+ hours and getting paid for 35 hours a week. Lack of respect from management,especially for leaving the company. You get refused your annual leave requests very often. Very poor wage for what the management get you to work. I.e more work that’s not in your contract.

Pros

Made some friends.

Cons

Everything about the job.

Productive and good experience

It's a nice place for amateurs to gather work experience since the management is focused on establishing anyone who comes on board regardless of work experience

Pros

Easy adaptation

Cons

Long hours during events

It is a great place to work

It seems like a daunting prospect to begin with working the till and serving the students and getting the food from the pass to put on the servery. The catering staff are a great group of people and i thoroughly enjoyed my time there pre Covid and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Nice and relaxed as long as you put the work in

Cons

Maybe a few pennies more would be nice but to be honest, i forgot about that when i was working

Excellent opportunities

Great opportunities and a brilliant work environment. Very good work environment and a really amazing team. Canteen onsite which did meals for a brilliant price.

A nice place to work with lots of variety and interesting people.

The Royal Agricultural University was a very nice place to work. When you'd worked there for a while you'd notice that the staff there are like a little family, and are a ton of fun to be around. Tasks that would have normally dragged didn't due to everyone getting along well, and I almost always ended the week feeling content with how work had gone. During my time there I encountred lots of nice, and interesting people including both my workmates, the many guests I encountered, and the students who were studying there. Overall I would say that if you're looking for work in, and around Cirencester you should definitely give the Royal Agricultural University a try. It has a great work environment, and is a very nice way to learn skills that might help you in later life.

Pros

A variety of tasks to keep you busy, focused and amused.

good part time roles

plenty of work available for students that want it. i had 2 part time jobs through the uni as a student and am aware of plenty of full time work there too

Good job

Enjoyed working here. Work included temporary work available when required. Worked with schools and at the university. Gave an insight into student life at the college

Educational workplace

Going through a period of extreme change under new management regime. A beautiful historic building with many dedicated staff. Lovely grounds and a popular wedding venue.

Great place, Far away

I do not drive and I lived about 40 minutes to an hour away which was not amazing every morning however, the other staff were extremely friendly, I had received a lot of help by my supervisors and I was never bored on the job.

Pros

Free Lunches, Active, Friendly

Cons

Distance

Awful

Horrible place to work! The managers are bullies who hate younger staff. Some of the co workers were lovely but it's a very back stabby place and they pushed me into leaving. Avoid.

Pros

Free lunch. Beautiful place

Cons

Working with spiteful people

Enjoyable work place

Generally a good place to work and I was paid well even at the age of 16/17, staff were friendly and easy to get on with, jobs were done to a good standard most of the time, but sometimes management wasn't the best.

Great Variety

I enjoy the job but unfortunately there is not any room to advance to the next step in my career. The staff I work with are great fun and help motivate me to work to my very best.

Pros

Free Lunch, 35 days paid holiday

Cons

no room for progression

Friendly working environment

I have been working in the housekeeping department as a 'casual'. I respect and find working with the majority of my co-workers has been an enjoyable experience and I have made many friendships. My duties include cleaning public areas and servicing guest rooms (vacuuming, dusting, mopping, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and other amenities, and providing guests with what ever they required to make their stay comfortable). I enjoy interacting with guests most of all, as I find it extremely rewarding knowing that I am in a position to help them in any way I can. The hardest part of the job is the physical/manual labour.

Pros

Free lunches, friendly co-workers, and wonderful managers

Cons

Manual/physical labour, basic wage earnings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Agricultural University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement