Royal Automobile Club

Royal Automobile Club Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom46 reviews

Great fun!

I was part of an agency and did some extra shifts in the summer, probably best summer just before Covid, met new people everyday and increased my serving skills.

not good place to work avoid

#Stay away! this company is full of lies and unfulfilled promises over and over again, staff who worked here so hard for years will never get valued and get constantly looked over never treated with respect even when you’re the first to help and be there for your team and managers when they need it but are no shows when you need them! After the years I worked for this company the time I spent there killing myself being promised promotions over and over again and no return.

Sam

Fun work place I love it plenty of opportunities are there for everyone,plenty to achive I got all the support I needed the environment is just amazing

Historically dated

Wouldn’t recommend joining if your career is important to you. Everyone leaves and the long standing staff have been there since the doors opened. Dated outlook on ways of working and dated systems.

Benefits

Appalling and disappointing management but friendly collegues and club members.

I have worked here as a public area cleaner and I just have to say that I was welcomed very kindly by my collegues who were always understanding and helpful with completing the public areas. The club members were polite and always willing to have a friendly conversation with you whilst you were completing your assigned tasks. The management are shambolic, the assistant manager would sometimes be very polite on the phone to you to notify you of any announcements but on some days they were very ill-mannered and would degrade and insult your capabilities and go ballistic. The officer for residences would use the members toilets despite staff not being allowed to use them and we were encouraged to report this to the managers. The management and officer for residences would be kind to you in person but behind your back they would tattletale over non-concerning matters to supervisors or anyone else in charge of you at work instead of having the decency of speaking to you first before escalating the situation. I would not recommend working here as a housekeeper at all to anyone.

Pros

Free lunches and helpful collegues

Cons

Disappointing Management and officers

Avoid

As a renewals consultant it was very evident that there was high pressure selling, and the base wage was next to nothing, consultants relying on ripping people off so they can them selves get a higher wage from bonuses.

fast and slow

It is a fun place to work. The people that you will meet there are very nice and enjoyable. The shift work that you will do will be difficult if you need to have specific days off as they probably wont accommodate for you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with non compliant customers who wont listen. The most enjoyable part is when there are few to no people around and you get the chance to chat with coworkers.

Pros

free meals, good benefits, staff accommodation(still have to rent)

Cons

very late or early shifts, either very busy or very quiet.

productive and fun workplace

it is a great place to work, challenge your strengths an weaknesses and progress! The policies and procedures put in place make everything run smoothly. Would reccommend.

culture

could be better, promoting staff based on their ability will be a good thing instead of who is liked. staff appreciation could be better with more attention going to the operational team.

productive

Was a very nice atmosphere and good place to work. all staff and customers were lovely. Learned a lot in customer service and gained many social skills. Hardest part of the job was dealing with certain customers but overall was a good place.

Pros

people

Cons

unsociable hours

eccezionale

Posto fantastico per crescere, con ottimo stipendio in un locale da togliere il fiato.

Friendly!

Really welcoming, a fun and happy place to work most of the time! Although work is not guaranteed which is a shame. Struggle to get home too after a night shift as nightmare with the trains. In the middle of nowhere but a lovely atmosphere!

Pros

Free Lunch, WiFi, Shuttle Bus

Cons

Only temp

meeting so many people over 20 years.

Early start 5am made sure all area's were covered. keys allocated to all area's complete work rota's, holiday/wage input on computer. On the job training NVQ level 3 in management worked from the bottom to supervisors / managers roll. Also people skills are needed in all area's. The hardest part was to cover all areas when staff were off sick or on holiday and to prioritize the most important area's. I enjoyed working here as everybody from all departments worked as a team.

Pros

Good benefits for all staff .

Cons

made redundent

Fun Workplace and Work as a family

Everyone who works there aren't people who are mad, when we enter work they are always positive and happy, they would never blame anyone in particular they would always take the blame together.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long hours to work

Professional, fast paced work place

My day consisted of setting up events (mostly weddings), serving those attending this and clearing after, sometimes even setting up for the day after. The standard of service is much higher due to the events being of such importance, which can make it a more stressful job for some

Pros

Food and drinks available in canteen, friendly management

Cons

Long hours without break, high pressure environment

Couldn't wait to leave

Shift work which wasn't fully explained at interview Members are hard work and expect far too much Management often hide in their office Expected to stand at all times Shift work and hours were exceptionally difficult

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Hard shifts

Really rude colleagues and unwelcoming Management totally unorganized

If you like to feel totally unwelcome and you are looking to work in a place where you will work long hours with no tips or rewards until your soul is drained this is the perfect place for you! The word team work there is a joke. This is the first time where I work in a restaurant where there is no communication or help between colleagues. Most of the managers don't have a clue in how to lead a team and spend most of their time gossiping between them or belittling the new staff and the consequence of this is a total mess. The changing rooms are always really dirty and in the staff canteen you have to check your cutlery and glasses to be clean ! The Club and clients are lovely; I wish they had a proper management to take care of this and change the place into a more decent one. The working hours are really long and is definitely a hard job but it will be definitely bearable if you weren't make feel worthless all the time.

Pros

The Club, Lovely customers, Kitchen staff really professional

Cons

Horrible Management, really rude waiters, gossip rules, dirty employee' s facilities

Busy place to work

The banqueting department recruits workers on a zeros hours based contract. Although there are some advantages to this it can be difficult to find work as there are not always enough shifts to go round for everyone.

Would not recommend

Power hungry management leaves employees feeling unchallenged, unsatisfied and unheard. No space for progression. Staff banned from using any facilities. Completely stuck in a time warp!

good overall

The job is full of friendly people, learned lots of new skills including running services, taking orders, using tills etc. enjoy working with other waiting staff.

Pros

free meals

Avoid

Politics and protection, friend is promoting friend, clueless fnb management always over budgets, NO TIPS POLICY, long hours, chronic staff shortages, NO OVER TIME PAID very poor and incompetent decisions making higher management therefore huge staff rotation, very poor HR management. Great for Agency staff, great for trainee managers, great for students. Nice members culture and environment, very professional golf management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Automobile Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Royal Automobile Club with

Royal Automobile Club Reviews by Location

• Royal Automobile Club
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?