Royal BAM Group

Royal BAM Group Employee Reviews

working in IT can be hard, when there is not enough of you compared to the amount of users, i have learned alot on the job, management is a bit iffy they dont seem to know where they are sat, hardest part is trying to keep up to date with calls when you havnt got enough time. most enjoyable part is the people you work with.
Blame culture and bullying from managers. Would recommend nobody in their right mind even think about working at this terrible company - unless you want mental health issues
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bullying, aggression, blame culture
I am a current cleaner with bam and i can say without a doubt its the best company i have ever worked for and ive worked for a few over the years . Great place to work !
Pros
Valued and supported
Cons
Being a site manager for BAM is good as long as you get the right senior management on site - which has been my case over at least six contracts. You don't go to BAM to sit in the office - the clue is in the title, site manager, you manage the site not an office. That said, work and social life balance is good and they listen.
Pros
Good crowd of people in the main
Cons
None that I can think of.
As a Site Administrator you work closely with all Senior management and Sub Contractors. The team make you feel like part of a family and not work colleagues, as a woman in construction I had the initial thought that this was a mans only world this site proved me wrong. As a mother I had to put my family first and the site team understood this ensuring I took the time I needed.
Pros
friendly, pro active, family oriented
This group of companies, especially Bam FM are a shambles ran by incompetent buffoons. There are so many fake positive reviews by stooges it is laughable, Bam are a complete disaster to be avoided at all costs. You have been warned!
Pros
You can leave
Cons
Every day is like smashing your head against a brick wall.
OMG What can I say!!!!!!! Brilliant to start with as I got a bronze award for excelent services covering three cleaners that were off sick at the School! I didn't have to do this work but I did to help out Somerset Bridge Primary School and got commended for the work I don in 2018. I loved my job then the bullying started by the Buisness Manager and the Office Manager who I did't trust from day one as I was told about them by other members of staff! 2020 came and it got worse as they tried to get me on a disiplinary but I won the day. Come March 2020 the done it again just before my 2 years wwere up and they found fault after fault with my work when I was ill with Coronavirus! I the end they got me & sacked me ofer nothing! I took a lot of verball abuse by one member of staff and on my private messenger and a cleaner attacked two members of staff and abused me! It was long hours but I got on with it. I even done over an hours voluntry work a day for the children & the school for NO thanks at all! I loved many of the staff but Managment were a disgrace as well as my Line Manager who was a compleat bully! A nasty person to work for!!! PLEASE DON'T WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
a good company to work for lots of company staff parties at xmas as was mobile and work on my own must of the time having the managing own work time
Pros
company car and travel expnes
Cons
could be lomg days
Each of the days is different as each project is different. I learnt about all the different disciplines within construction as I was on my training scheme.
BAM is a relaxed place to work, with many professions working under the same roof for the betterment of the project, this provides an exciting workplace and coming to work exciting
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Royal BAM Group?
In my time with Bam Construct UK, I have found that everyone from Site Managers to Senior directors are great people to get along with, easy going and easy to talk too. One problem I had with them was when I started as a Site Supervisor 32 weeks ago all was fine then Bam got rid of the term Supervisor when asked by the site administrator what my role title now was no one could answer. Other than that it is a great place to work
Pros
Great family oriented company
Cons
Agency money not that great
The Hemel Hempstead office standard response to every question is “computer says no”. A horrendous management team who have absolutely no idea how to run a business. Most of the engineers are also completely useless, they are losing contracts left, right and centre.
Pros
Pays slightly more than minimum wage
Cons
Totally demoralising working in such a shambles
Had a short period of work experience with BAM working with a fantastic team and getting a great insight into the operations of the business form all aspects.
This job was interesting they taught me things that i didn't know before. Also two of my friends were working the same place as i was and we learned working together as a team.
Pros
Relaxed Breaks
I have enjoyed working for bam fm over the last 10 years and has been a fantastic company to work for. I have managed to do quite a lot of different job roles while working for bam fm inc some caretaking jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Split shifts during day
Swiss Cottage school camden is just one example of a truly awful and loss making project that has been mismanaged from day 1 and several years on is still very problematic. If you want to hate your job and be surrounded by incompetence then BAM is the company for you.
Pros
I can’t think of any.
Cons
Everything.
Another company who couldn’t care less about its staff, you are just a number and a poorly paid one at that. The quality of work Bam produce is the worst I have ever seen.
Pros
They’ll emply anyone with a pulse.
Cons
They never pay what’s promised
Tasks involved to complete computer generated costings building/designs/merchandise/materials, report to seniors to clarify and ensure tasks completed correctly. Learned various formats and procedures carried out to complete given tasks on company database. Time management was crucial and helped control workload through effective planning and organising skills. Work ethos was respect and support each other at any given opportunity. Hardest part job becoming familiar with company protocols/policies as allot of information to absorb and process. Most enjoyable part of job was being treated as equal member of team and not just seen as temporary work colleague, having also got to meet and work with individuals from a variety of different backgrounds and skills.
Pros
Good work ethos
Cons
limited time to learn vast company procedures ect.
Do a separate search for Bam FM (recruiters deliberately try and mislead by using Bam construction reviews). Awful company and dire reputation within the sector for exceptionally poor levels of customer and employee satisfaction. Very high staff turnover for obvious reasons, definitely one to avoid!
Pros
You can get away with murder due to very poor managers
Cons
Totally demoralising to work for.
Recruiters deliberately mislead candidates by using this construction side to hide Bam Fm reviews (do a separate search). Bam FM are truly awful and have revolving doors for staff who don’t stay once they realise the truth.
Pros
You can leave
Cons
Shoddy practices are rife.
As a work experience student I felt very supported in the roles I encountered ie: Quantity Surveyor, Site Engineer and Site Manager. I loved being part of the working team.
  1. Employee reviews