Royal Brompton And Harefield NHS Foundation Trust

Royal Brompton And Harefield NHS Foundation Trust Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

Its an interesting place to work, where the staffs know one another. The team spirit is also high among the staff.

It can be a very busy hospital to work as we are the only heart and Lung hospital in the rural part of London. There's a strong team.Work ethics among the staff is also high as well.

Pros

Good pay and conducive atmosphere

Cons

Poor public transport connection

It's fun to work here. Staff are cooperative.

RBHT is an hospital where I'll like to work over and over again if the opportunity comes. I enjoyed the experience I had with colleagues and patients. Overall, it's enjoyable working with RBHT.

Insights into Royal Brompton And Harefield NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Extreme bullying culture.ITU Royal Brompton

Absolutely appalling.As a senior staff nurse I witnessed the senior management systematically pick on individuals until they left.Or until they became so stressed they made an error.Then investigated and sacked. It was the worst place I worked in 30 years of ITU. The senior nurses should be ashamed of the school yard bully tactics. If your face fitted it was ok.

Pros

Excellent equipment.Lots to learn.Innovative surgery.

Cons

Bullying and sense of oppression.I hope it has improved

Work colleagues exceptional My problem was that zero hours contract resulted in zero hours, when I was ready to work 50 hours a week. I cant live without money to eat and pay my rent

Very busy, and a rewarding job at the end of the day.

Lovely place to work, Very accommodating, Very Knowledgeable team and all staff members work as a team. Fast paced and sometimes relax, flexible, Most of our students love it and apply for jobs after qualifying. Staff members have long service on the wards

Work experience

Good work experience, lovely and friendly staff. Working hours were flexible to suit family commitment. Location in central london is great for after work shopping.

A good workplace with lots of development opportunitites

I have worked at the Royal Brompton as a staff nurse for two and a half years. It's a fast paced environment with daily challenges but lots of development opportunities and the Trust offers a variety of classes and training days for all staff as well as funding for University programmes. However there is lack of efficient upper management in making quick decisions to problems that arise occasionally.

Pros

Development Opportunities, fast progression

Cons

Bad management

.i will not recomended to my worst enemy.just another nhs failure

Absolutely rubbish hospital.just a farce.not recomended to anybody willing to progress.not willing or worth the time.just wasting time if you are a top profesional or you are trying to be one they will destroy you if your face do not fit.great hospital in 1960 to 1980 after that just another nhs waste of time hospital when the great consultants left or retire the hospital just went downhill

Pros

Cons

Everything rubbish

Supportive, Good team, Innovative

The Royal Brompton is an innovative, leading hospital. Working their will inspired me to undergo a Masters in Public Health. The culture within the team I worked in was supportive, fun and hard working.

Bullying environment

As Bank staff I was subject of being treated unfairly when a trained nurse I was working with made a massive blunder whilst on duty, rather than her/the trained nurse admit her mistake she was quick to pass the blame onto me to take the fall. As bank staff I didn’t have a leg to stand on as I was quickly dismissed; the ward sisters were extremely unsupportive & so was the “Bank” nurse in charge of booking my shifts, rather than help & offer me advice they wanted the wanted me out & never be allowed back again, due to the seriousness of the blunder that was made by the trained member of staff. It completely ruined any hopes that I had to join the trust as permanent staff in the future due to the seriousness of the lies that had been forced onto me, just so that the trained nurse was “off the hook” as I was used as the bait, while her job was safe, I lost my only source of income at that time, as I was told “I’m only bank” as if I didn’t matter. I was treated very unfairly & they didn’t want me to cause any “Fuss”; so it was quickly kept hush hush with my clean professional reputation was left in tatters. As for me there was no going back, if your face doesn’t fit then your out the door. The staff were clicky & unfriendly & rude to bank staff. In hindsight it was a good thing I left the trust, but not under the circumstances that I was pushed out the door just so the trust can keep it’s squeeky clean reputation like destroying mine in the process.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

As above

Bullying harassment and racism is rife in this hospital

I was subjected to bullying and racial harassment by a group of cardiology staff who were protected by the management. I left because complaining got nowhere

Pros

Good learning opportunities and local

Cons

Racism, fraud, harassment and bullying is common place

An extremely enjoyable contract

Based at Harefield hospital rather than in Chelsea but with excellent communication between sites. Excellent communication with senior Finance management based in Chelsea. In the main a smooth running operation at Harefield for which I was responsible. All year end processes went extremely smoothly. Major changes established in Fixed Asset Accounting.

Pros

Excellent relationships established with managers and staff.

Lots of learning achieved

With the help of a dynamic and forward thinking manager, I was able to facilitate a lot of efficiencies, understand leadership from a practical standpoint and generally felt like I was adding value through my work.

Pros

Learning opportunities and support provided

Cons

Egos

Good starting location for an ICU nursing career

Interesting case-mix to develop individual skills in ICU. When supported, new nurses get upskilled effectively. Often lacking managerial vision and support to lower grade nurses, frequently operating on a 'sink-or-swim' mode by senior staff.

Pros

Learning opportunities

Cons

Hard work and intensity can hinder progression

Great team

Learning Training Good hours Chance to progress Good team Working with patients Car parking was difficult The best part of the job was the team working

Pros

Short commute

Cons

Night work

Good hospital for extensive experience in cardiology

Working in RBH Echo lab is a great opportunity to further developed skills in advanced echocardiography including contrast echo, stress echo and adult congenital heart disease,a s well as participate in research projects.

Nice people on staff

Great staff low IT budget stressful conditions. Management is not ideal. IT decisions made by non technical people without consulting support teams. Recommend for fire fighting skills

Excellent MDT working

Excellent MDT working. Good work and life balance. Excellent medical care provision. Highly professional staff. Supportive and competent professionals.

Pros

Excellent MDT working

Great team

This is a lovely hospital to work in., The team is welcoming and the caseload interesting. There are many opportunities for professional development. Lovely place.

Productive workplace

The department I work in has supportive leadership, challenging and diverse workloads and plenty of room for professional growth. There is also opportunity for CPD.

Good work environment

I have learnt a lot during my time at the hospital with lots of opportunity to develop my personal skills. I would advise anyone looking for work that the NHS is an excellent employer

Pros

Job security in the NHS

Cons

Long hours. Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Brompton And Harefield NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement