Royal Collection Enterprises

Royal Collection Enterprises: 10 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

One of the best places I've ever worked

Work was challenging (and sometimes got a little dull) but the staff here are outstanding and management really made me feel valued. Training can get a little intimidating given security clearance / protocols but it's much easier than it looks. Overall, an amazing place to work and something I would thoroughly recommend!

Pros

Free lunches, good pay, lovely co-workers, excellent management

I do not recommend Royal Collection Trust

Ticketing systems constantly failed resulting in some very angry customers. Tickets sold through voucher companies meant longer lines and more angry customers who couldn’t get one year pass tickets. One particular outside team leader was a very bully to certain staff. Taking initiative was punished. Prizes for selling guidebooks would only boost morale if all were given an equal chance to win, unfortunately this wasn’t the case. Told we would be placed in different positions each day, yet some staff put in the worst positions often and some staff who had team leader friends were placed in better positions. Threat of not being invited back due to sales was bad for morale. Pay was much too low for how hard we worked. Uniforms not summer appropriate. Team Leaders, not all a great example to staff. I heard comments such as ‘I can go for my lunch break early because I’m a team leader’, which sends the message that you should cut corners if no one will pull you up on it. Clear favourites shown, mostly the loudest staff! Very understaffed near the end of summer.

Insights into Royal Collection Enterprises

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energising work tasks

toxic work environment

Work environment that makes you feel uncomfortable, unappreciated, undervalued. From all out bullying, screaming and talked down to, to more subtle forms of poor communication, setting people up for failure, mismanagement and an air of hostility. Management focuses solely on what employees are doing wrong. Management bullies employees. People are considered to be objects or expenses rather than assets, and there is little concern for their happiness or well-being. There's also little evidence of leaders' compassion and empathy for employees. As a result, you'll encounter high levels of stress, turnover, absenteeism, and burnout. People's personal or family lives must be sacrificed for the job.

Fun summer job

Good money and great people, but it did feel like I was working non stop. It would be nicer if they gave their staff a little more wriggle room for days off!

Pros

Free three course lunch

Cons

Long hours/a lot of days

Fun and Interesting

Fun and Interesting. Was a great experience with some interesting people. there is a good level of training and people try there best to work as a team.

Fast Paced and Productive

Was a perfect summer job for students at home for the summer from university. Offered full time work with a competitive salary and flexible rota that still allowed short holidays for all staff. Worked in a large and very friendly team which helped when facing the stressful and fast paced day when dealing with the constant stream of customers.

Filled with lots of oppurtunities

No two days are the same - you get to work with great people in a fantastic setting. The team I work with are really supportive and will do all they can to develop you.

Fun summer job

Overall my summer working for the Royal Collection Trust was a very positive one, it is a fun working environment with a very youthful team. It is however face paced and more often than not busy.

Dobre

Wspanialy Pracodawca i Dogodna Lokalizacja iBezpieczna

Great & Respectable Place to Work

It is hard work dealing with the thousands of visitors that come through the gates but this is made easier with a great management team and hard working and motivated floor team. Working for such a highly regarded employer was a great privilege and I enjoyed it greatly.

Pros

Free lunch, competitive pay

Cons

Can be long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Collection Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement