Royal London Group

Royal London Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom80 reviews

decent

found royal london to be a decent place to work for. not much progression at all though tbh and would like you to be adaptable changing your work guidelines monthly

Great place to work friendly staff flexible. Hybrid working. Lots of training and progression. Relaxed dress code. Fair share of work. Managers very approachable.

Pros

Work advancement

Insights into Royal London Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Just okay.

Work was not very interesting, with little scope to progress.Good people amongst teams, poor communication cross departments corporate favouritism....

Great place to work if you want to improve skills

Great workplace. Great and understanding people. Management is good and helps to increase productivity. Very much recommended for experienced and new employees.

Safe environment

Safe place to work, good pension and stable job.Fast paced work environment, good company benefits, maternity pay, etc. Flexible working hours.. Could have better pay.

Poor Management

It could be a nice place to work, but management have their favourites and if you dont fit, you are made well aware of it. The staff are very friendly and make you welcome.The management team could use a shake up in some departments.

Pros

Great pension

Cons

Poor Management

It's okay

Good in terms of work/life balance, job culture, job security, caring company.The salary here was the issue. Most people are under the umbrella of Customer Service as a job title but a lot of people do not do customer service jobs who are under this umbrella. It is a way of underpaying people for the work they are doing. It is discouraging to see Customer Service jobs being advertised starting at £25,000 when workers who have been here for years do not earn anywhere close to that still. It makes it tempting to find a job with a more appropriate title and better pay when you are doing it anyway, without the regonition or money. If it wasn't for the low salary and unrelated job title as Customer Service I would not have left. I have found a job with the exact same duties, working hours and location for nearly double the salary and appropriate job title.

Pros

Working from home, pension, friendly culture

Cons

Low salary, job responsibilities that are not recognized correctly.

Very Supportive.

Great support from Trainers, Managers and fellow Colleagues. Lots of opportunities to progress and move up or change direction within the business. Great benefits.

Job is okay just the pay sucks.

The pay is no way near 25k.They offer newbies higher wages than experienced staff and wonder why there are no experienced staff on the teams anymore

Pros

Flexi hours

The worst experience in all my working career. Unprofessional Management who had no respect for their staff and micromanagement.

Always looking for somebody to blame, staff put under constant pressure and micromanagement was a culture.Not prepared to listen to any staff who were suggesting change.

It's fine

As a place to work, it's fine. The people are friendly, the hours and benefits are pretty good for call centre work. There's a big emphasis on data protection, but being a pensions and life assurance company, a lot of their clients are elderly and struggle with data protection questions. A lot of callers are calling on behalf of other people and get worked up when you can't speak to them about policies. You also speak to a lot of recently bereaved people so, despite Royal London's best efforts, it can be stressful and a bit depressing. Like many corporate organisations, they spend a lot of time talking about how great things are going and all the support available to you, but it seems as chaotic as most work places I've been in. For example, there's no staff directory on the intranet, so everyone has documents with internal phone numbers on that may/may not be right. You may also be expected to answer questions to a script that seems like it's been written by a robot that has never had a conversation before. If you don't follow it you fail QA, if you do follow it, a lot of customers don't understand you and you can't rephrase the answer.

Pros

Decent pay, good holiday allowance.

Cons

Confused customers, scripted conversations that don't work in practice

Never again

This company is a great example of senior management coming in, wiping the decks and bringing in young, attractive team members. If you want to feel undervalued and not appreciated proceed. They are a prime example of “how not to” treat employees. If your face does not fit they will tamper with the selection process paperwork to make their favourites prosper.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, contempt for employees, bullying, fake, uncaring

Racist and toxic work place

I was a nurse at this hospital, my experience here was horrible. I worked here for sometime and i must confess that the institutional racism and favoritism is second to none. Avoid this place unless you want to be bullied or have racial slurs hurled at you.I couldn’t cope with working with passively toxic staff at ACCU at the Royal London Hospital and had to leave.Make sure you are prepared for the worst before you take up a job offer here!!!

Pros

The pay

Cons

Racism, Bullying, No promotion. Understaffed

Poor Company Culture

Public sector feel, salary low compared to market, lots of lifers there so cliques, resistance to change. Good culture on paper, very poor in reality.

A great place to work

Being a mutual, Royal London is different. It has no shareholders, the customers and employees are part of the mutual, so spending money is like spending your own money. Its a great place to work if you like financial services without the shareholder pressures.

Pros

Collaborative culture

Cons

Risk averse and compliance heavy

Made redundant when Reading office closed

I joined as a new telephone based account manager and found that the panel I had inherited was a pretty poor one and wouldn't produce the levels of business required. Luckily, the new Branch Manager was very experienced and understood that my panel and those of other account managers needed to be amended and changes were made that meant we had better business potential with IFA's and adviser firms from a broader range of post codes in each panel.

i crashed my motorcycle, broke my arm. they sacked me.

i crashed my motorcycle, broke my arm. they sacked me and told me i was not welcome back. i find this to be unacceptable as we all have accidents. would not advise anyone to work at royal london wilmslow.

Pros

bus

Cons

slow, long hours, awfull lighting and tiny office.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Work culture is good . Focused learning and work is the success mantra for RLG. Team members are more supportive and helpful. Professional way of conducting all activities

What You Make Of It

I was only there on a temporary basis but it seemed like a nice place to work. Plenty to do and more if you want it. Decent salary, nice location, no stress to take home.

Mis sold role

Made clear not interested in telephone based role. Told it would be 'back office' admin. Was 95% telephone based with little product training Unpleasant atmosphere and culture

Pros

on site canteen

Would rather not say

I would rather not walk about my time at Royal London as I am not a permanent employee and my time has been tainted by COVID99 so is hard to fully articulate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal London Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Royal London Group with

• Royal London Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?