Royal London Group

Royal London Group Employee Reviews

I joined as a new telephone based account manager and found that the panel I had inherited was a pretty poor one and wouldn't produce the levels of business required. Luckily, the new Branch Manager was very experienced and understood that my panel and those of other account managers needed to be amended and changes were made that meant we had better business potential with IFA's and adviser firms from a broader range of post codes in each panel.
This company is a great example of senior management coming in, wiping the decks and bringing in young, attractive team members. If you want to feel undervalued and not appreciated proceed. They are a prime example of “how not to” treat employees. If your face does not fit they will tamper with the selection process paperwork to make their favourites prosper.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, contempt for employees, bullying, fake, uncaring
I was a nurse at this hospital, my experience here was horrible. I worked here for sometime and i must confess that the institutional racism and favoritism is second to none. Avoid this place unless you want to be bullied or have racial slurs hurled at you.I couldn’t cope with working with passively toxic staff at ACCU at the Royal London Hospital and had to leave.Make sure you are prepared for the worst before you take up a job offer here!!!
Pros
The pay
Cons
Racism, Bullying, No promotion. Understaffed
Public sector feel, salary low compared to market, lots of lifers there so cliques, resistance to change. Good culture on paper, very poor in reality.
Being a mutual, Royal London is different. It has no shareholders, the customers and employees are part of the mutual, so spending money is like spending your own money. Its a great place to work if you like financial services without the shareholder pressures.
Pros
Collaborative culture
Cons
Risk averse and compliance heavy
i crashed my motorcycle, broke my arm. they sacked me and told me i was not welcome back. i find this to be unacceptable as we all have accidents. would not advise anyone to work at royal london wilmslow.
Pros
bus
Cons
slow, long hours, awfull lighting and tiny office.
Work culture is good . Focused learning and work is the success mantra for RLG. Team members are more supportive and helpful. Professional way of conducting all activities
I was only there on a temporary basis but it seemed like a nice place to work. Plenty to do and more if you want it. Decent salary, nice location, no stress to take home.
Made clear not interested in telephone based role. Told it would be 'back office' admin. Was 95% telephone based with little product training Unpleasant atmosphere and culture
Pros
on site canteen
I would rather not walk about my time at Royal London as I am not a permanent employee and my time has been tainted by COVID99 so is hard to fully articulate.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Royal London Group?
A great company to work for great work life management Very good culture and friendly staff and management. Plenty of opportunities for advancement and career opportunities
Management have no skills, they only promote friends and family. Bullying is rife and support for the job is non existent. High staff turnover due to all of the above
A terrible company with the most poisonous work culture, prioritising appearances over substance. If you take a job with Royal London be prepared to play the game and suck up to your manager.
Pros
Brand recognition
Cons
Culture and working environment
The customer facing staff have a real challenge with a constant breathing down the neck and intense questioning about what you're doing with any time. If you are not in the manager's immediate circle progression is pretty much impossible. There is no room for any negotiation or opinions. Do as your told or you're forced to leave.
Pros
Good benefits e.g. pension, healthcare, maternity
Cons
Really poor management
Excellent company with amazing work culture. Good place to work with friendly staff. Can be flexible and sympathetic to a good work life balance. Good Leaning experience.
Pros
Excellent Place to work
Great environment to work in, with work colleagues that have a team mentality. Line managers are always listening to ways of improvements and put you forward for any relevant internal courses. The management are visible and always happy to chat. Investigation work was always tricky as the informations wasn’t readily available from the systems in place and emails would play an integral part in your back up for journals. Recognition in your monthly reviews for the work you have done.
I would avoid as I was there for 1.5 years with no promotion, people there less than 6 months promoting sooner. Also there is sexism within the pay of genders. Someone same age, less experience because he was a man he started in £500 more. A college girl came in and she started on more money (also royal London don’t like you discussing pay amongst your team) you are also promiEs od CEO told you if you wanted to be paid more to find a new job as apparently their pension covers the downfall in pay. Managers are bullies and also no progression. No
I wrote some brilliant software for these people which solved all of their IT problems AND proved it would work, but they were too dumb to understand it as they weren't clever enough.
Good place to work with friendly staff. Can be flexible and sympathetic to a good work life balance. However not much scope for career progression within role.
No day is the same, constantly working across teams and departments! The pay isn't always the best though. I enjoyed my time here thoroughly and would recommend the company to others.
Great place to work, with some fantastic people. Flexible working, great workplace package (annual leave, pension etc). I wuold recommend Royal London to anyone
Pros
Salary and overall package
Cons
Reliance on key individuals
  1. Employee reviews