Royal Mail

Royal Mail Employee Reviews for MDEC Keyer in Plymouth

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,633 reviews

Low wage, tedious

A typical day at work..Sit at a terminal and type postcodes into a task bar, having seen them on the screen, every hour there is a ten minute eye break, continue this cycle for six hours then leave, go back the next day, same thing..I learned about postcodes from around the world....That's about itThe management is weak at best, but then, there is no real need to micro-manage PC drones who are just typing postcodes.The hardest part of the job was knowing I'd have to go back the next day, at the end of the assignment I was actually worse off then if I hadn't worked there, I was more in debt and then had to reapply for jobseekers allowance after the assignment.

Pros

helps motivate you into finding a better job.

Cons

below minimum wage, utter tedium, lowers your self esteem

Productive workplace

I enjoyed my time at Royal Mail as there is no set dress code for you to wear. On a typical day, I am always polite to the people who worked alongside me. I got on well with the management, who were very supportive; they always offered advice if I had a particular problem. I got on with some of the people in the workplace as we were always being moved around to different work stations. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work as part of a large workforce. The hardest part of the job was trying to decipher the handwriting/typing on most of the envelopes/packages.

Pros

Lunch/rest breaks

Cons

Long hours, depending on shift pattern

Friendly atmosphere

nice place to work, friendly people, friendly managers and they allow you to listen to music as you works. i only wish i was able to work there full time as opposed to Christmas temp.

Pros

friendly, relaxed atmosphere, let you listen to music

Cons

Temp work