Royal Mail
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Royal Mail Employee Reviews in Wolverhampton

Wolverhampton99 reviews

Found 99 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,103 reviews

Great teamwork but some management poor

Busy place to work and initially tiring until you get used to walking the routes.Good to be out in the fresh air once sorted and finish early enough to enjoy the rest of your day.Management sometimes poor though as they have favourites and never crack down on the terminally lazy.

decent workplace

it wasn't bad here, I was only temporary for christmas and i did 5 hours mon-fri so i was able to achieve a work-life balance. The staff didn't really like us xmas temps

Insights into Royal Mail

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Fast paced, don't like you stopping just for a drink

Ignorant people and when you are new they look at you like dirt and don't want to work with you. Management just expect you to know what to do and get on with it.

productive, fun, repetitive

It was really eye-opening to learn about different postcodes, which helped develop my geography skills. It was a nice job to work around personal commitments and didn't demand much.The management was generally good, with the exception of weekends, where the on-shift managers seemed a little less organised.Overall this experience was great. There were a lot of people who made the day go by quickly and many of the in-week managers were very supportive of us all and our future endeavours.

Enjoyable temporary job

I worked at Royal Mail as a Christmas casual during December. Typical activities were loading mail onto a conveyor belt, sorting parcels into yorks, and sorting envelopes into postcodes.Management were pleasant enough and were on hand if you needed help. You were allowed a 30 minute break for a 5 hour shift.

Fun and enjoyable work for Christmas Period

Its a great job for students and those looking to have an active job role. The pay is weekly and the job was enjoyable, some days were busier than others.

Pros

Great Staff

Cons

Can be physical

Easy

Nice easy work. Anyone can do it. You'll find that the managers are mostly great depending on your shift time and the other people will help you out if needed

Didnt even get to start

Took months to process my application and then they said I cant start the job because they're not as busy as they thought. Had to be put on a stand by list and then never got a call back.

Busy non stop job with average wages for 2021

As the years go on, royal mail has turned into an average company.Start of 2000s Royal mail was the get into company with good wages and more chance of potential earnings.2021 has turned into an average company with average wages across the country. Many more companies are paying moreAfter the company went privatised, its slowly going down hill and by its own employees Royal Mail will never be what it used to be - a proud business to work for.

Pros

Job security.

Cons

Takes years to get full time, No december holidays allowed, eveything is rushed and against the clock

Busy, varied, friendly

I worked as a Christmas Casual during their busiest time of year.It was a varied role, from emptying cages of parcels onto conveyor for sorting, helping out in warehouse, sorting parcels into postcode areas and house keeping duties.

Pros

Good atmosphere, varied work

Cons

Short notice on overtime

Good Friendly Environment

I really enjoyed my time there during a Christmas period helping out the senior staff to deliver as many parcels and letters as possible. It is a friendly environment and you are kept busy there for the duration of your shift and so the time goes by quite quickly and I would recommend working for them.

A multi-faceted position

The job in general was progressive in a sense that if the floor management take to your personality and work ethic, they would give you the opportunity to be placed in many different types of work positions within the hub. For example, you could be conveying 'yorks' across the hub floor to different departments to be sorted or you could be sorting 'oversized' parcels to be taken nationwide or even be sorting and distributing 'flat' and ad-mail to be posted across the region. Overall, it was a joy for me personally to work there, there were some great characters to work alongside and the Royal Mail staff were always there to help. Where else can you do over 20,000 steps a day, get fit and get paid for it..!?

Pros

Possibilities of overtime.

Cons

Communication is key.

Ok

It was an experience that enriched my life with experience. New friends, team work. Good management team. Reliable and honest way to earn a living. I highly recommend this as a place to work. It has a union , canteen. Often overtime available especially during seasonal celebrations. It’s own canteen as well as vending machines.

Pros

Good safe environment

Cons

Can be clicky

Hard but worth it.

I felt well appreciated by the management. Any problems were dealt with by colleagues or management. If you do not mind a bit of hard graft you would love a job with Royal Mail. Training is given, but you learn most of it on the job. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

productive

worked here for 32 years went from postman to working in the sorting office then built up to deputy team lead on various areas across the work place I was a valued member of the team for the time I was there

Pros

cant think of any

Cons

cant think of any

Christmas month

Pertemps Agency were clueless. Sacked after 1 month after Christmas day, not 2 months. No one bothered to tell you about breaks or the fact it was a walking job, not driving! No warning on footwear, was told after leaving that 30 mins was deducted from pay for break time .. what break time! The Sat Nav technology is out of date and the whole company is being run down with no investment. The best bit is working outside and the early finish .. most days.

Really good

I enjoyed it It’s good for it’s money Management look after you Casual dress code Can use ohone and earphones Nice management Friendly co workers Multicultural

dishonest, poor management

Give you a start date then tell you no works available, don't waste your time with royal mail. In all my time within employment (30 years) I've never been treated so badly

Pros

Cons

royal mail

All in all, enjoyable.

Would recommend, more hours is always good. Very relaxed, busy at times. Keeps you fit as always on the go. Canteen good, toilets clean, TV for breaks. Friendly

Worst place that you can ever work

I strongly do not recommend Royal Mail to those who are applying for a casual Christmas job at Royal Mail. They call you for induction and if you are lucky they will keep you if not they will tell you to go home. The management there is so poor, and the woman there had so much attitude and did not cared and did not apologies once.

Wouldn’t work for Royal Mail

I had no prior training management did not care - I was suppose to have health and safety on my first day guess what nothing! I was put on a round with a typical bloke who thought women belonged behind a kitchen sink!! And not in a male dominated work place I tried got 16 months to get the job and was left devastated after a week and therefore left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Royal Mail with

Learn about Royal Mail in Wolverhampton

• Royal Mail
  • Wolverhampton
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?