Royal Mail

United Kingdom601 reviews

Found 601 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,101 reviews
mailparcelsortingpostmanpostcodeletterchristmasdelivery

Decent Place to work

It has been good overall. Simple and easy job. Good benefits. It is now in the process of making changes. Less Staff and more work. So this will no doubt change. Also nice management.

Pros

Nice place to work

Cons

Not much at this monument but I feel that will change

Hard work

Managers always under presure and angry. Nothing really positive. Its a job and hard work as a temp staff member. Full time staff skive and get better looked after that temp/contract staff.

Insights into Royal Mail

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

i really enjoy the i recommented every in go join us with royal mail

i really enjoy at my work royal mail i worked with angard agency 2 years ago than covid start no more work than it is cause they give to much less shift people but i to much appericate this company every body respect each other they help each other every person work very honestly the wage is very good many people like this job

Pros

some people take food from home abd some peole buy in the canteen

Cons

8 hours or to much busy than 12

Great job

Casual clothes, nice people and atmosphere. Although somewhat rushed to meet deadlines it never seems stressed. Tiny learning curve but if you love to organise then its definitely for you!

Good

It was alright. Not the best. There was a lot to do in terms of christams time when sorting parcels, pretty hectic but you could work at your own rate

Unfulfilled. Mundane. No support. Victimisation

Would never work for such a company again. Disgraceful place to work. Managers have little other no experience and are not at all helpful, mostly lack communication skills..

Was alright

Very good money but extremely physically demanding. Requires being on your feet almost all the time with a small break where you can’t really relax but good for the money

Bad bad bad

Management don't have a clue, long hours, when temp no way in talking to HR about any issues. Very unprofessional run company. Do not do Christmas and or temp work.

I like mail sorting job especially i work in special areas. Manager and team leader are too good .

I reviewed 5 rating because this job have great flexibility to work. They give online calendar to fill up your flexibility. Royalmail job paid the best salary there's no discrimination between part time and full time employees. Agencies staff is a part of Royalmail fairly paid.

Pros

Good break is given and fully paid

Cons

If you are on agency only cons is to struggle to get enough shifts.

Not a Genuine Opportunity

I was employed via a subsidiary of Royal Mail known as Angard staffing. You will be promised regular hours (I applied based on an advert for full time work, my colleagues who had applied at the same time believed the same) but essentially it was zero hours. You would be allocated, for example, a shift every day for the next five days, then on each the day you would receive a text to tell you the shift was cancelled. They would offer completely unsuitable and random hours with no guarantee that if you accepted they wouldn't be cancelled. The advertised pay rates seemed great for the time and were based on the shift times and time served, however with the exception of busy times like christmas you will never get enough hours to earn decent money. Also, if I remember correctly, if you didn’t work enough hours in a certain period of time it would effectively reset your pay to that of a new start.Allegedly you could progress to being a fully contacted member of Royal Mail staff however there were so many get-out clauses with this, effectively you will never be able to work enough hours through Angard to be eligible. No training was given and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, especially with the ‘frame’ you use for sorting letters that was arranged in a seemingly random way that nobody could explain to me. There was also a lot of heavy lifting of sacks and parcels but I received absolutely zero health and safety training. I had no idea who the managers were or even what their names were and received no thanks for any of the shifts I did despite the physically demanding -

Pros

There were no pros.

Cons

Physically demanding, random & unsuitable hours, no stability or guarantees, no communication, no management, no training, everything about Angard including their texts & phone line.

Hard work but different love it

Been working there 7 years it has its ups and downs but overall love working there it keeps you fit as you are moving all the time lots of overtime love it

Flexible hours

Night shift’s available, fast paced , repetitive work, workload is not difficult but can be tiring. Friendly workers and some good managers. I would recommend this job if you want to work flexibly.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Can be tiring

Amazing workplace

Good and easy work, helpful and great people, good-paying, flexible shifts. Good atmosphere at work, you do not have a hard lifting. It is a safe place to work.

Existing employees receive better treatment and have more rights than new workers. job involves some heavy lifting and a lot of walking. Management are not approachable.

Pros

uniform

Cons

overworked

Alright

You may be on your feet for quite a bit but it’s a pretty good work place even though I was there temporarily I enjoyed my time there everyone is helpful and they take good care of you.

Enjoyed working here

Was only I as a Christmas Temp sorting mail and parcels.Atmosphere was good and managers were supportive. Very busy however shifts went in quickly. I would recommend working here. There is a temp staff intake every year for the seasonal period.

decent work environment

The managers are pretty easy going so it makes it less stressful and work is pretty straightforward. It also helps that it’s quite close to my house but it would nice if there was more shifts for zero hour contract workers.

Pros

Stress free work environment

Cons

Not enough work

Friendly

I worked here as a casual for 3 months and it was great fun. I had a nice manager who could take a joke and the other staff were easy to get on with. Pays well and the work is straight forward

Couldn’t run a raffle.

Told they didn’t need me after travelling all the way to their warehouse. Awful management , awful experience and such a waste of time. Was given the job but turned up and they said I’m not on the list.

Fast paced, easy

Can get busy and is very repetitive, but very nice management and co-workers. On your feet all shift but manageable. No food options on site for break so must bring your own or rely on a few overpriced vending machines with little options

If your face fits in

It all depends if your face fits in. Management have a habit on picking on the people who work hard. Other people who can't be bothered to do the work stand around talking or on the phone they get away it and the management don't say anything to them. When management gets it in the neck from the big boss they take it out on the workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement