Royal Mail

United Kingdom610 reviews

Found 610 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,167 reviews
mailparcelsortingpostmanpostcodeletterchristmasdelivery

Enjoyable work

Went to Royal Mail on a 6 month contract through an agency and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately it was through an agency and eventually had to leave due to not enough hours

Pros

relaxed atmosphere

Cons

sometimes not enough hours

Amazing to work for

Royal mail is an institutme in itself the working enviornment is exacrly what a person needs and the hours and scheduling suit everyone best place to work . coffee machines. Food machines . Toliets all the services available which one needs

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Not enough 12 hour shifts

Insights into Royal Mail

Based on 1,301 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Poor communication

Never gven any shifts, they never reply to emails.Some supervisors are totally unsuited to their position and have terrible attitude.Wouldn't recommend working there

Nice - fast-paced but good pay for casual workers.

Seasonal mail sorters get really good pay in London, although the job is temporary and ends within a couple months. The work environment is fast and ongoing, but can be fun and uplifting.

Overworked underpaid

Monotonous tasks, managers all compete with each other so you get told to do something by one and get shouted at for doing it by another. Pay was okay around xmas but this went down in January. Not bad if you want to work hard, keep your head down and earn some extra money over the festive period, otherwise I would avoid.

Good friendly enviroment Easy to get on with people Easy work and good payManagment easy to work withProvide a quite /prayer room which is quite important for me.

Fun and communal environment

I was only a Christmas temp but I absolutely enjoyed my time and Royal Mail. I worked 4 hours every weekday for a month and a bit and it was difficult at first as we had to stand in essentially the same spot for 4 hours (I was a mail sorter), but you kind of get used to it and the money makes it well worth it. Everyone there was very nice and welcoming, and stayed patient with all the temps while we got to grips with the system.

Pros

lovely people, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, no dress code, great pay

Cons

standing for long hours

Horrible place to work

The management are bullies and it’s a horrible place to work where they don’t support you or care for you at all. Management will make up lies about you and try to mess with your home life as well as work life

Short Term Christmas period work.

Easy, clean work. Management for the majority treat temps poorly, but a few were ok. Favoritism to permanent staff. Plenty of overtime. No possibility of permanent job.

Decent Place to work

It has been good overall. Simple and easy job. Good benefits. It is now in the process of making changes. Less Staff and more work. So this will no doubt change. Also nice management.

Pros

Nice place to work

Cons

Not much at this monument but I feel that will change

Hard work

Managers always under presure and angry. Nothing really positive. Its a job and hard work as a temp staff member. Full time staff skive and get better looked after that temp/contract staff.

i really enjoy the i recommented every in go join us with royal mail

i really enjoy at my work royal mail i worked with angard agency 2 years ago than covid start no more work than it is cause they give to much less shift people but i to much appericate this company every body respect each other they help each other every person work very honestly the wage is very good many people like this job

Pros

some people take food from home abd some peole buy in the canteen

Cons

8 hours or to much busy than 12

Great job

Casual clothes, nice people and atmosphere. Although somewhat rushed to meet deadlines it never seems stressed. Tiny learning curve but if you love to organise then its definitely for you!

Good

It was alright. Not the best. There was a lot to do in terms of christams time when sorting parcels, pretty hectic but you could work at your own rate

Unfulfilled. Mundane. No support. Victimisation

Would never work for such a company again. Disgraceful place to work. Managers have little other no experience and are not at all helpful, mostly lack communication skills..

Was alright

Very good money but extremely physically demanding. Requires being on your feet almost all the time with a small break where you can’t really relax but good for the money

Bad bad bad

Management don't have a clue, long hours, when temp no way in talking to HR about any issues. Very unprofessional run company. Do not do Christmas and or temp work.

I like mail sorting job especially i work in special areas. Manager and team leader are too good .

I reviewed 5 rating because this job have great flexibility to work. They give online calendar to fill up your flexibility. Royalmail job paid the best salary there's no discrimination between part time and full time employees. Agencies staff is a part of Royalmail fairly paid.

Pros

Good break is given and fully paid

Cons

If you are on agency only cons is to struggle to get enough shifts.

Not a Genuine Opportunity

I was employed via a subsidiary of Royal Mail known as Angard staffing. You will be promised regular hours (I applied based on an advert for full time work, my colleagues who had applied at the same time believed the same) but essentially it was zero hours. You would be allocated, for example, a shift every day for the next five days, then on each the day you would receive a text to tell you the shift was cancelled. They would offer completely unsuitable and random hours with no guarantee that if you accepted they wouldn't be cancelled. The advertised pay rates seemed great for the time and were based on the shift times and time served, however with the exception of busy times like christmas you will never get enough hours to earn decent money. Also, if I remember correctly, if you didn’t work enough hours in a certain period of time it would effectively reset your pay to that of a new start.Allegedly you could progress to being a fully contacted member of Royal Mail staff however there were so many get-out clauses with this, effectively you will never be able to work enough hours through Angard to be eligible. No training was given and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, especially with the ‘frame’ you use for sorting letters that was arranged in a seemingly random way that nobody could explain to me. There was also a lot of heavy lifting of sacks and parcels but I received absolutely zero health and safety training. I had no idea who the managers were or even what their names were and received no thanks for any of the shifts I did despite the physically demanding -

Pros

There were no pros.

Cons

Physically demanding, random & unsuitable hours, no stability or guarantees, no communication, no management, no training, everything about Angard including their texts & phone line.

Hard work but different love it

Been working there 7 years it has its ups and downs but overall love working there it keeps you fit as you are moving all the time lots of overtime love it

Flexible hours

Night shift’s available, fast paced , repetitive work, workload is not difficult but can be tiring. Friendly workers and some good managers. I would recommend this job if you want to work flexibly.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Can be tiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement