Royal Mail

Seasonal Associate438 reviews
United Kingdom438 reviews

Found 438 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,184 reviews
mailparcelsortingpostmanpostcodeletterchristmasdelivery

Can listen to music as long as you were working.Managements wasn't very great treated you like a robot and what to make the most out of you as you was only there temporary. Can see the difference between the people who were employed there.

Christmas Casual

I had this job for a short amount of time but it helped pay my way. The money is good for what you do = sorting post, letters and packages.Everyone was informative and then allowed you to crack on with no disruptions. There are a lot of people and everyone seems to be lovely or at least they were when I was there. The hours aren't so bad either.If you need to earn a little money before Christmas, get in touch with Royal Mail or search Christmas Casual and you can work there too.

Insights into Royal Mail

Based on 1,355 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

N/a

Great company, easy enough shifts. Decent pay. Would happily work full time, treat their staff properly on the nightshift. Just a pity the management is ruining it for the workers.

Night worker

Overall good place to work, busy all the time so work gos quick.Suited me over Christmas working nights. Managers always happy to show you if you are not sure

Pros

Lot of exercise

Cons

Fast paced, manual job. On your feet for the whole shift.

This role would suit a fit person, willing to be on their feet for the whole shift. Permanent staff are friendly and helpful. You can have a laugh and a joke with them.

Face paced but enjoyable

Enjoyed working for Royal Mail. Quite fast paced but ok, hard to get a full time position through Royal Mail themselves as a lot is agency working.

Great pay

Pay was brilliant and the job was fun and easy. Only down side was the long shifts but overall it was a great job and I will definitely reapply sometime in the future.

Fair Job

Good paid as a Christmas Casual, but sometimes they changed your working days at the very last second. Every Christmas Casual got the jobs are different and it just depends how the manager like you or not. Some are easy and some are not.

Worth it

The pay for a Christmas temp is really good for the night shift (15.75ph). The hours were inconsistent and they were cut short at the beginning, but if you stay until the end there will be enough overtime. I recommend if ask to choose large packages to sort. The people sorting letters where sent home often.

Fun place to work and nice people

I enjoyed my experience working at Royal Mail as a Christmas Casual, the people were nice and it was a fun place to work. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

Pros

Good hours and nice people

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Royal Mail?

Fast paced, don't like you stopping just for a drink

Ignorant people and when you are new they look at you like dirt and don't want to work with you. Management just expect you to know what to do and get on with it.

Onerous Management

Worked during christmas run up. Terrible management team, no idea how to run a successful company. Lots of workers turned away at start times as not required.

Good staff - too many middle managers.

I worked as a Christmas Casual on nights at the sorting office in Chester. Positives: A great group of people to work with , easygoing, friendly and good for a laugh. Negatives: This place has (or had when I was there) so many middle managers each telling you to do different things. To be fair, some were great but most were just a pain in the wotsits and prevented you from getting on with your job.Overall a decent enough place and I would apply again if I had the spare time and needed some extra cash at Christmas.

Fun place to work

I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Xmas Casual but was disappointed that the contract was only for a month in the end. The Team Leaders were great in my shift and I couldn't fault them. They were very flexible and accommodating.

Fast Paced

Covering over Christmas period. Busier than normal, once you start the work time pretty much goes quickly. Sorting letters and parcels during the night shift.

Ok

Fairly relaxed atmosphere. Managers and permanent staff were friendly and approachable. The xmas temp role is only about four weeks though which was not made clear initially.It was stated that temp roles were 12 weeks. The work is not complicated , just sorting parcels and letters. You are on your feet for 11 hours , sometimes a lot of walking involved pushing yorks around the building.So can be quite physically demanding.

Nothing too difficult

Was grand place folks were nice. Nothing bad to say. I've worked as a Christmas casual twice now and would do it again if I'm not employed at Christmas.

I was working there only as Christmas Seasonal Worker but I liked working there, even wished they had permanent job opportunities. I liked the atmosphere there, everyone was friendly (never heard anyone shouting or being rude to others), everybody was working as a team. You need to be physically fit to work there because mail bags can be heavy and you have to be ready to spend some time out in the cold on winter time, but otherwise the job itself was alright considering the fact that they pay more than a minimum wage.

Pros

good attitude, nice people, team work

Cons

can be very fast paced on busy days, physically hard work

I loved working here as a Christmas temp. Would have continued to work here if the opportunity had of been available to me. Great management and great team. Was very sad to leave

Pros

Good management Good pay Helpful staff

great bunch

i was a christmas temp mail sorter at royal mail and i enjoyed it, mainly because of the people, not so much the largely repetitive tasks but those were all pretty simple so it wasnt bad for the pay at all. great job. would recommend.

Pros

long break, pay, friendly environment

Cons

often not knowing what is to be done

Very fast paced and high demand of workers. They offer the shifts and cancel them at the last moment. But the salary is good

A typical day at work consists of 8hrs or less depending upon the shift allocated to you. Just sorting the parcels based on their post codes. Requires hard labor in moving the parcels. Has canteen facilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Royal Mail with

Learn about Royal Mail in popular locations

• Royal Mail
  • Seasonal Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?