Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust

Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Fun work place

Nice environment to work in with the right people. Management not very professional but the colleagues were really nice to work with and very helpful.

Bullying was part of the culture

Unreasonable requests by senior management was common practice and part of the culture. So was the waste of time and money on printing hundreds of pages for individual meetings and paying taxis to deliver papers to attendees across the whole of London. That’s definitely a lack of consideration for the environment!

Unhelpful colleagues

They don’t take time or have time to train you properly and expect you to know how to work systems without being trained. Each department passes the buck saying it’s not their responsibility to train you.

Pros

Car parking free of charge

Cons

Selfish staff with no consideration for newcomers

no summary available

i don't want to state my opinion this should be confidential random stuff just to publish this comment typical work day very busy management does what is best for the hospital

It was a nice environment to work in. The only problem i had was the distance.

Nice place to work in. Opportunity for enhancing your career. Nurse education provided.You can easily assess the senior staff. There is flexibility of work

Not what you know it's who you know

Don't waste your time applying for jobs at the RNOH , only people who are friends / family get the jobs or somebody else who is already in the role and it's being made permanent

Enjoy working here

I enjoyed working here friendly staffs and helpful very organised Get support whenever needed Great team Excellent pay Approachable management Safety

Not a great place to work nowadays.

Management can make your life a misery. What used to be a fantastic place to work in is no longer. Just remember you're replaceable. Sad very sad. Just watch your back.

Very good place to work

An excellent and exciting place to work. Always updated on new technology and given training. Staff canteen/facilities always clean and accessible for both able/non able staff. Parking facilities excellent.

Pros

Excellent work and training always given on new products.

Cons

None.

Great work experience

During my placement, I was able to participate in a wide range of skills and activities. The staff there was amazing, willing to teach and had amazing teamwork abilities.

Admin

busy day and good opportunities for training if you need or want it. Flexible working available for those who want to work earlier or later start. Parking is a nightmare. After 8.30am its virtually impossible to park but it is free!

Good reputation

Good job environment and supportive manger. The organisation has the reputation of being centre of excellence providing quality care to patient with complex spinal problem. Proud to be working here.

Pros

Flexible working time

Cons

Travel time

I was given an opportunity to develop my career

I was given an opportunity to develop my career by attending courses and being given an opportunity to be promoted. Every institution would have its own culture, this is what you have to learn when you join the company. Overall, patients are kept safe and utmost importance is given to patient care. For career progression, if you are willing to work hard and willing to take courses to progress, it can be given to you.

friendly work environment

as i have been working here so many years i have learned a lot. very friendly workplace and the management is very helpful and supportive. i am enjoying working every single day of my work

fantastic place to work

if I could do night shift in the plaster theatre here I would the staff are like a family unit you work closely with all consultant staff and is a close nit unit.

Pros

speciality treatment

I do not recommend it.

I do not recommend the RNOH as a place of work. My personal experience was bad in general. I experienced low quality of management and leadership practice

Interesting

The work at Stanmore Hospitl was interesting having worked in medical records/notes in the past. The confidentiality of the patients is of paramount importance. The staff and patients were friendly and and a good understanding of how to deal with sick patients helped me with this position.

Enjoyed the team and location

A very interesting job, where you organise the trainee doctors training courses onsite in the hospitals auditorium. This ranges from logistical management to printing notes.

ISS UK Company is not a good agency

This agency is absolutely bad.. They treat workers like animals and as slaves. They should be banned to still recruit.No progression while working, salaries are so bad. People just gossip about every single thing

Pros

Cons

poor salary, bad managment, abuse of power from the supervisors and they are also incompetents

under staffed

Work load too much for one person, the job was a two person appointment I did the job alone without any help for over six months to the best of my ability with no complaints,was trying to help get the new unit up and running only to be told that i would not get any extra help

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Interesting

Making appointments for both new and existing patients. Consulting with senior consultants and other doctors, making sure they have the correct documents for their clinics to see patients. Speaking with other departments with regards to arranging other medical appointments - X-rays or scan. It was very difficult to see people coming in with cancer and how they changed, it was heartbreaking at times.

Cons

Seeing kids with cancer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust with

Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust Reviews by Location

• Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?