Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Royal Pharmaceutical Society Employee Review

Good working place in Wales Office

28 August 2019
Enjoyed my 7 years with RPS and established some good life long friends and colleagues but the is no career progression opportunity in the Welsh office other than transferring to London HQ which is not practical for work life balance.
3.0Job security/advancement
25 December 2019
People Assistant (Current Employee) - London, Greater London
relaxed and friendly staff good communication spacious office space multicultural work enviroment ...... ................................inclusive mu
6 November 2019
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) - Wapping, Greater London
I'd say this was the second-worst place I've ever worked. The Pharmpress team in particular was the worst dev team I've ever been on by a mile: if you don't include my manager (oh we'll get to him in a bit!), I had to complain to HR about the conduct of not one, not two but THREE members of the team in the eight months I spent there. I got the impression that the Pharmacists there were doing all right but in Tech there was a horrible bullying culture within which members of staff who screamed misogynistic abuse during MEETINGS and threatened others with assault were tolerated for two years, people who otherwise might have been talented developers became too apathetic to care about improving anything and others (one person in particular who, thankfully, left) just seemed to really hate being challenged. At present there is a production manager there who spends her time physically pushing members of staff so that she can avoid having to deal with her own mediocrity. Of course birds of a feather flock together on that team so naturally she had quite a few supporters who knew about her behaviour and thought her violence was fine. And this was maybe a month after the team had been given a "Dignity in the Workplace" training course by HR. But then this is one of those companies where people who complain about bullying run the risk of being punished by HR for doing so, so no surprises there. On the subject of mediocrity, the codebase was of course complete trash - a lot of it is legacy code riddled with poor choices, poor documentation, pull requests from four years ago that - more...
2 September 2019
Production Editor (Former Employee) - London
I enjoyed my short time at the RPS and learned some new skills such as using a CMS and picture reseach as well as opportunities to use Illustrator. However, there does not seem to be much of a social culture as in Friday or pay day drinks and the location doe mean that places to buy lunch are limited. The staff canteen provides an option but the food is not very good and the very basic kitchen only offers instant coffee! had to buy my own filter coffee and bring in a cafetiere.
Pros
Staff canteen
Cons
Food isn't that good
  1. Good working place in Wales Office