Royal Pharmaceutical Society

Royal Pharmaceutical Society Employee Reviews for Senior Software Engineer

Found 1 review matching the search
I'd say this was the second-worst place I've ever worked. The Pharmpress team in particular was the worst dev team I've ever been on by a mile: if you don't include my manager (oh we'll get to him in a bit!), I had to complain to HR about the conduct of not one, not two but THREE members of the team in the eight months I spent there. I got the impression that the Pharmacists there were doing all right but in Tech there was a horrible bullying culture within which members of staff who screamed misogynistic abuse during MEETINGS and threatened others with assault were tolerated for two years, people who otherwise might have been talented developers became too apathetic to care about improving anything and others (one person in particular who, thankfully, left) just seemed to really hate being challenged. At present there is a production manager there who spends her time physically pushing members of staff so that she can avoid having to deal with her own mediocrity. Of course birds of a feather flock together on that team so naturally she had quite a few supporters who knew about her behaviour and thought her violence was fine. And this was maybe a month after the team had been given a "Dignity in the Workplace" training course by HR. But then this is one of those companies where people who complain about bullying run the risk of being punished by HR for doing so, so no surprises there. On the subject of mediocrity, the codebase was of course complete trash - a lot of it is legacy code riddled with poor choices, poor documentation, pull requests from four years ago that - more...