Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Healthcare assistant

Have now worked for the hospital for 3 years .really enjoying the job and there is a great team environment. But do feel underpaid for the role we all have to do

Stressful with very little support

Poor management, senior staff very conscious of their banding and think it allows them to treat junior staff with disrespect, bullying and rudeness, nothing is done about it. The trust like to talk about the "Royal Surrey Family" and they use this phrase alot but that is only if you are at management level, they have no idea what it is like when you are a low level employee.

Pros

Cons

Lack of support, stressful and very Hierarchal

Money is appalling

Very clicky ! Only get anywhere if you get on with the bosses - treat bank staff as inferior to substantiate staff. Need to give training to all staff.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Poor pay.

It' s nice place

GUILFORD HOSPITAL , it's was nice place but to far for me to stay there long. I suppose to take train every evening in waterloo.I was doing night . Caring people who needs help like to use commode or to move from bed , I need to use differents hosts.Sometime I use to feed them , bathed and dressed in morning .

Great place to work as bank staff

People were friendly from the moment I stepped foot in the hospital. The induction training was great, and very relevant, delivered by designated Practice Development Nurses. Lots of support once I went out and worked on the wards. Job security and advancement doesn't apply to me as I am only on the bank.

Pros

Friendly people, Facilities, Training, Ward experience

Cons

Can be hard to get shifts

Productive and good team players

Results-driven, British Chartered IT Professional and Member of British computer society professional offering a progressive, 5 years in Information technology support and IT security. Very enthusiastic, committed and have a hands-on approach to all my work

Shocking place to work

Absolutely shocker of a place to work. Racism/bullying...shocking management with zero management abilities. absolutely avoid this place if you are from a minority.

Rsch

Working within A&E. Having worked there for over 3 years, we’re now developing a strong and happy team. There is a good work/life balance and management are supportive.

Overall it’s a good hospital and department but for the consultants

I think since I am working on the LAS post so my pay is not concordant with the qualifications and experience that I possess. I would like to relocate in London and around as my family lives in Barking.

An excellent place to work

Professional and rewarding environment. Excellent Leadership team and strong staff engagement. Highly motivated HR team and strong sense of commitment among team members.

Unprofessional management in lab

Deputy manager racist and could not train properly. In training of band7 he tells band 5 to train band 7 . Wanted to run 24x7 and forced staff to do night duty

RSCH compass-group

Worked for compass group at the RSCH, as a deputy catering manager, unprofessional management, never again avoid them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional

Nice hospital

Good hospital but they do overwork their staff Did not enjoy working on the orthopedic ward. Tbe ward was too busy and bot enough staff. Needed a chnage.

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Bad management

Acute general hospital

Very busy hospital. Understaffed, under resourced. Variety of patients, In patient Out patients Adult Children Private patients Variety of medical / surgical conditions Specialities include oncology, urology and hepto- gastrointestinal.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Car parking

Rsch

would recommend for experience This role involved hospital discharge, care plans, decision support tool, best interest decisions, assessments, multi disciplinary meetings

Pros

experience

Cons

hours

Friendly place to work

I worked from two busy Consultant Paediatricians. Typing clinic letters took up a lot of my time which was frequently interrupted by phone calls from parents wanting investigation results or to change their appointments. I arranged scans/x-rays. I arranged weekly food allergy clinics. I worked in an office with the two Consultant who were often away from their desks working on the wards or in clinics so I was on my own a lot of the time but had the opportunity of joining the other secretaries in the Paediatric Department at lunch times etc. The hardest part of my job was dealing with angry parents who wanted earlier appointments or who were upset after receiving bad news regarding investigation results for their children. On the whole I enjoyed my job and felt that I was working in a caring environment and was pleased that I was a part of it and was able to help people in a small way.

Pros

Close to home so I was able to walk to and from work

Royal Surrey

Currently working here an okay position just long hours and travel factor, as well as paying for parking. Looking for part time work main reason for leaving

Nhs

Management and culture is grown mostly from inside, a good work life balance with the ability to work flexible hours. I work as a PA band 5 dealing with all aspect of admin and project work.

A fast-paced exciting place to work.

It's been a long time since I worked there - the hospital itself was great, but the staff weren't always friendly. I enjoyed the pop-up shops in the foyer every week.

Workload forever increasing

After 14 years of working with an ever increasing workload and pressure to reach all targets, with very little recognition, I felt it was time to expand my horizon and challenge myself. I am grateful to the knowledge and experience I have gathered whilst working in my present role but believe I am ready to help others reach their potential and use my people skills and personal ethos to reach others in a more managerial/team leadership role.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

no recogntition for your hard work

Fantastic people to work with.

My role was extremely busy and varied. I worked with a fantastic team, everyone was so willing to help each other. I worked with people who "saved lives" - such an inspiring group of people.

Pros

varied role

Cons

sometimes full on so no time to break for lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?