RPS Group

RPS Group Employee Reviews

Good company and a pleasure to have worked for. Salary is fair enough, slightly lower than what other companies would offer, however you get all the training and experience you need
I’d never work for that shower again minimum pay minimum holidays maximum stress no support very little training no chance of career progression your better off at tesco
Pros
Cons
Poor pay and conditions
I have worked for them for 2 years was not provided the proper training the wages is minimum wage I had a personal meeting was told it was confidential and I’m not aloud to record the meeting but they were happy enough to tell everyone else what happened in the meeting there is no private data protection law wouldn’t waste your time communication is terrible I’ve asked them a thew times about taking holiday on certain days they did not get back to me the only good thing from the company is vans and fuel cards and you also get a work phone and if you had a 2nd accident they will expect you to pay for the damage and also any damage after first accident the apply a 20% vat charge and also because I left due to them breaking my data protection haven’t paided me and spoken to me on the phone Tuesday saying how they apologise for my information getting out as I said I won’t come back they’ve decided to keep my wages.
Pros
Vans, fuel cards, phones
Cons
Wages
Very serious place to work - the environment is relaxed and a typical day it's from 9 to 5pm in a classic office environment (i wasn't used to so at times for me was very boring). The management was good - supportive and always open to new advices regarding the progress of the company. Colleagues were fine too even if at times, due to my role, i felt a bit out of it because i didn't get to spend/talk enough time with them but quite often we got to organize staff nights out and it was fun. Regarding a career point of you, this is definitely a company worth to progress with if you are interested on what they doing.
Met some good people learned a new skills and had a decent pay but there was some ridiculous rules like being sent home for not folding in wing mirrors in the depot.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Ridiculous rules outside of thames contract
There are many job opportunities within RPS depending on your experience and knowledge. Work hours flexible agian depending on your job role. Most work however is sub contracts for bigger company's which means work can slow and thin out meaning you may have to travel or even stay over night for some work periods.
Pros
Travel time included
Cons
Not much progression available
The culture, overall workload and direction came from management interpretation of client. As teams increased in size, managers were chosen for technical ability rather than any leadership qualities.
Fantastic place to work, a lot is expected from you however it can be relaxed but also stressful at times, all employees are great from field staff to office staff - definitely recommend
I've work for rps for about 6 years work is good management need to to sort it out most of the time you tell them things but they still don't listen to you
Pros
Easy days not much stress
Cons
No over time
there is no talking between managers they think nothing of the employees only them self so they get paid to the workers when people got a problem they don't answer ther phones
A good place to be. Opportunity to work on diversified projects from various parts of the world. RPS have skilled Professionals in Oil and Gas exploration and production.
Don’t bother with them, the Directors are just in this to earn money for themselves. No respect to staff and just want to earn money whilst outsourcing your resources. I learnt that I would be better off somewhere else, which is what I have done. No management structure, no training and no chance of advancement within your chosen career path. I was interviewed over the phone and offered an immediate start date purely so they could fulfil the contractual obligations that they were failing at. If you are a contractor, then you mean nothing to RPS, you are just a number providing profit and making up the numbers. I hope that clarifies matters.
Vans to small wrong tolls for the job. Lowe wages little paid hoildays and as for training wat a joke that is. I new my job before working for them and that was a good thing as no one I worked with had a clue.
staff not very welcoming and always feel like you couldnt havve a day off if you was really very ill because it would effet your workplace rather than putting yourself first .
A very pleasant company to work for. I have learned alot from working with the management and fellow colleagues to help further my career and hope to progress.
Working here was great, lots of work to do.. always kept busy especially when Christmas period is coming up. Nice people to work with engineers always in and out if the office
No organisation. Very critical of suggestions to improve upon. Very poor relationship with the client they were employing us to work for under contract. Ok for short term but no career.
Cons
They dictate yours as they please, your contact meant nothing
Horrible company to work; very poisonous environment; very low salary and overloaded with work. Egoistic senior stuff, can't deal with simple things and their behavior with staff is awful. During 1,5 year left job more then 70% of employee, guess why? Training and development is a joke!
Very poor management, and little options as far as on the job training or career advancement goes. Quite a hostile work environment as RPS will essentially hire anyone that applies if there aren't enough applications. Completely pointless tasks are often given due to poor management who won't listen either. One to avoid at all costs.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
High workload, low pay, low staff morale, poor management
I worked for rps for just under two year the job started very well managers would look after there team time flys and new people start showing up now this has become a very narsty environment management believe discrimination instead of helping you and drive times what are currently sitting at two hours a day unpaided So you do 8 hour shift and two hours free on top and drive time is now illegal as mobile worked since 2015 to your door to door the company don’t except this so think of this if the company is willing to break the law with discrimination and bullying. and drive times what are they going to do with you as a employee
Pros
Good money
Cons
Narsty environment
an ok place to wkr big on HS and got what i needed did have to travel a bit but was ok managemt was fair and ok people i worked with were nice to.........
  1. Employee reviews