RS Components
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

RS Components Employee Reviews

United Kingdom177 reviews

Management are good and understanding and there's a good work environment. Pay could be a bit better but all in all a good place to work.

Management are good and understanding and there's a good work environment, always someone willing to help you. Pay could be a bit better but all in all a good place to work.

Good salary and night hours which worked around my schedule

Good job, nice friendly people. I was given training for each area I worked, and was placed in different areas for each shift which helped it not be as repetitive.

Not a nice company to work for unless your face fits in with the team leaders and managers.

I liked working in the place but management lets it down. They do not like you to voice your opinion if so they sack you, even if you have done nothing wrong.

If you're looking for depression, anxiety and unfair treatment, apply!

People are given promotions because they've been there a long time even though they can't do the job. You'll also be promised a promotion after missing out previously with rubbish excuses and then told later on that you won't be getting one and you'll be given more rubbish excuses as to why. Work life balance used to be great but be prepared to have to work all hours of the day and weekend to get the job done. Be prepared to clean up the mess of other people's bad work too because management certainly won't. This place gives you nothing but depression. You earn thousands less than your colleagues that have been there longer even though they do zero of the work and you do all of the work. You'll also constantly worry about your job because they make redundancies every few months because the company doesn't know what it wants or needs.

Pros

Onsite coffee shop, Health care benefits.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid, Bad management, Bullying culture, Lack of leadership, Barely any vision of where the company are headed - everyone works towards something different, Poor work life balance, Redundancies too often, Lack of progression unless you're friends with the right manager

Lots of good people

Many changes in direction. These were driven by changes in senior management. The less formal management structure gave the freedom to make a personal impact but led to many of the changes.

7 December 2021
We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to write us a review - thank you. We wish you all the best in your next role.

Superb ethos

At the time a fast paced enjoyable great team role. Excellent product training and sales training, fair management And staffed with great people I really enjoyed working here

Pros

Great team

Cons

Booking appointments

24 September 2021
Thanks for such a great review! All the best for your next role.

Terrible management

Classic example of a business run by internal politics rather than common sense and experience. Management required to be an echo chamber of executive opinion, rather than bring any leadership skills to their respective teams.A company with sufficient momentum to vaccilate in the same spot, despite the leadership's total incompetence and self serving agendas.

Pros

Great place for political weasels.

Cons

You will not be listened to.

24 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience wasnt as positive and we hope you were able to share your frustrations through our employee survey.

Health doesn't matter

This is what you get working a few pence above minimum wage. No respect from 99% of the managers, they will only speak to you when they want to tell you that your performance is low. The morale is so low that the majority of the staff suffer from depression. During the COVID-19 outbreak, there was no PPE until the staff that had been furloughed were back. A guy who had just had an operation for cancer was forced to get a sick note so they didn't have to pay him full wages, while the people that they furloughed were fit to work. They are currently trialling working without safety shoes, then if you have an accident they will blame you for it. DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS IT'S YOUR LAST RESORT.

Pros

Going home at the end of the shift

Cons

Everything.

2 August 2021
The concerns you have raised are very serious and the health and safety of our employees is our highest priority. We will share this review with our management community and as an existing employee we would appreciate you sharing your concerns with you manager or leadership team member.

Fun, relaxed, no pressure

Love working here at RS though I feel there are too many managers and far too many meetings. They keep you well informed on companies progress tho the pay isn't good compared to size of company. Excellent benefits package and holiday structure. Family always come first, any issues they support you. No pressure on work but they like there graphs, figures too much.

Pros

Benefits, flexible

Cons

Pay not great

2 August 2021
Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are pleased to hear you feel supported within your role and would advise to highlight any concerns in the employee survey

Great company to work for

Loved working in Rs worked there, look after their staff, best company I have worked for by far. I was going through rough time they allowed me to change working hours, Then I Transfered job from Corby to Wales trade counter, they did everything they could to help.

Pros

Pension, social club, listen to your opinion

Cons

No cons

2 August 2021
Thank you for leaving your review, we are really pleased to hear you have had a positive experience and you have felt supported during your time here.

Cliquey work environment

Extremely cliquey workplace, as many had been there for years and newer people are only kept on for work if certain people liked you, or depending on who you know.Training was a bit all over the place, as some groups were given more or less training time depending on how busy the the market was and if they need people quickly, you are expected to pick it up quicker, whereas other groups had more time training.

Pros

Skills gained on the job

Cons

Cliquey management

Micro management

Only care about calls not people, managers talk down to workers & are not treated well. Jobs are for friends and not for exoerience. There is a buddys club and if you are not part of that club.then you do mot move up the ladder, saw so many good experienced staff leave as if there face does not fit they cant move on. Even though they are experienced. Not a great place i am sorry to say.

Pros

Healthcate

Cons

Micro management

Good job but horrible people in the department

It started out well, the managers were not micro-managing, the training was specific and thorough, and I got in a very good place with my performance. However, the actual workplace culture soon showed its true colours, rapidly eroding my mental health and my position there. I have to admit it was one of the worst places to be in.

Pros

fantastic benefits, supporting managers, achievable targets

Cons

awful bullying and racist co-workers

Too strictly...

All brakes is very strictly,generally low wage for most employees, lots of duty....everyone complain about something, they expect lots from you for £9.43 per hour.(agency and permanent w1),heavy boxes,small number.....

Pros

Free water

Cons

Low wage

Pays the bills, just about.

If your face doesn't fit the picture, don't bother even trying here. They'll build you up with "there's loads of opportunity - we like to promote from within" but in reality, it's a dead end - unless of course you are able to butter people up and play happy families 24/7. Doesn't matter if you have the right skill set or not. Management likes to sit in a meeting room for 4+ hours laughing and then proceed to tell colleagues that they need to speed up and work harder. Very, very hypocritical.

Pros

convenient, easy

Cons

management, opportunity, salary

Busy and supportive work place

The team and company were supportive, salary was average for the role these days and could be better. Great choices for company cars, life balance was a bit off balance some times as you have a lot of crm and contract work to do and that ends up being done once you're home in the evening. That aside the culture is pretty positive at Rd with some good people there. I did leave along with some others because our new line manager was a bully and a liar out to cover his own flaws by taking it out on others. I do believe an HR case was raised later on so hopefully he's not there anymore.

Pros

Culture, good support

Cons

Salary a bit low, balance sometimes a bit off

Great job, great people to work with

I love working at RS, if you work hard there is potential to progress. Only negative is the pay could be better for the amount of systems etc you need to learn. You can get a higher pay scanning food through the checkout.

Pros

Colleagues are friendly, everyone willing to help

Cons

Pay could be better.

Not bad until they try and stretch people too thin

To begin with I enjoyed the work environment the work was easy and the atmosphere relaxed there were nice incentives, treats, event days things like that though you expect this with such low pay. Unfortunately a large overhaul meant too many people in the office no background checks which caused the loss of a tight knit colleague work place. Then the appreciation stopped for the staff and the work loads started to pile up. Management in general were easy going and pleasant, until the stretched man power meant promoting anyone who threw there name in, leading to unstable people managing nice teams turning them into bitter and sluggish zombies.

Pros

Mostly nice people to work with

Cons

Massive Pay gaps between grades, no accountability for bad managers

Don’t believe the hype!

Awful, corrupt, bullying management if you don’t brown nose you get pushed out . Managers are empire builders and their only concern is progressing their own careers at the expense of their employees. Pay is pitiful compared to the market place and targets deliberately unreachable. If you aren’t in a clique with management there is no progression opportunities and you are actively encouraged to lie about how great your job is to upper management

Pros

Cons

Endless list.

Clueless Management

Great place to work if you don't want to do anything or progress your career. Lot's of pointless meetings as too many managers. for every technical person there are 2+ non-technical people getting in the way of actually doing work. Drip fed tiny amounts of work between 50% of time spent in 'meetings'. No control or autonomy given to technical people. Totally incompetent IT department. Unable to have permission to install software tools to do development of system you are developing or supporting (this went on for over 6months). People breaking security policy to do there jobs. New CEO made this problem worse not better. Avoid this place like the plague, totally backwards step for your career to work at RS. All the problems are blinding obvious to anyone who has worked at a competent software company. It's shocking how bad that everyone seems happy to accept this to continue. My Advice: Have less manager's and non-technical people. Give more responsibility and control to the developers and let them get on with technical work! (They can were multiple hats. Do we really need A Engineering Managers, A product manager, An Agile coach and a Business Analyst for every 4 developers?. Do we really need a load architects 'analysis' all the development for months and years before developers get drip fed micro projects? Give power to the developers and remove the massive chain of managers, that get in the way of actually doing work. RS is paying people alot of money to not do alot!

Pros

great if you want to waste time and not do anything or progress career.

Cons

to many managers / No autonomy for developers

Management are clueless

They continuously chop and change staff due to a lack of strategic planning at the top level. It felt like management were making it up as they went along with no detailed analysis of outcomes. For most RS employees it is the only job they have ever had so do not know any different. People there are great to work with. They also have a great digital presence with designsparks.

Pros

Parking

Cons

Management / navigating archaic systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RS Components. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement