RS Components

RS Components Employee Reviews

Featured review
RS Components selected this as a representative review
Having contracted for close on two years for RS I can honestly say it was the most pleasant working environment I have experienced. The staff are all great team players, management good and they believe in their company and forward progression.
Loved working in Rs worked there, look after their staff, best company I have worked for by far. I was going through rough time they allowed me to change working hours, Then I Transfered job from Corby to Wales trade counter, they did everything they could to help.
Pros
Pension, social club, listen to your opinion
Cons
No cons
Extremely cliquey workplace, as many had been there for years and newer people are only kept on for work if certain people liked you, or depending on who you know.Training was a bit all over the place, as some groups were given more or less training time depending on how busy the the market was and if they need people quickly, you are expected to pick it up quicker, whereas other groups had more time training.
Pros
Skills gained on the job
Cons
Cliquey management
Only care about calls not people, managers talk down to workers & are not treated well. Jobs are for friends and not for exoerience. There is a buddys club and if you are not part of that club.then you do mot move up the ladder, saw so many good experienced staff leave as if there face does not fit they cant move on. Even though they are experienced. Not a great place i am sorry to say.
Pros
Healthcate
Cons
Micro management
It started out well, the managers were not micro-managing, the training was specific and thorough, and I got in a very good place with my performance. However, the actual workplace culture soon showed its true colours, rapidly eroding my mental health and my position there. I have to admit it was one of the worst places to be in.
Pros
fantastic benefits, supporting managers, achievable targets
Cons
awful bullying and racist co-workers
All brakes is very strictly,generally low wage for most employees, lots of duty....everyone complain about something, they expect lots from you for ÂŁ9.43 per hour.(agency and permanent w1),heavy boxes,small number.....
Pros
Free water
Cons
Low wage
If your face doesn't fit the picture, don't bother even trying here. They'll build you up with "there's loads of opportunity - we like to promote from within" but in reality, it's a dead end - unless of course you are able to butter people up and play happy families 24/7. Doesn't matter if you have the right skill set or not. Management likes to sit in a meeting room for 4+ hours laughing and then proceed to tell colleagues that they need to speed up and work harder. Very, very hypocritical.
Pros
convenient, easy
Cons
management, opportunity, salary
The team and company were supportive, salary was average for the role these days and could be better. Great choices for company cars, life balance was a bit off balance some times as you have a lot of crm and contract work to do and that ends up being done once you're home in the evening. That aside the culture is pretty positive at Rd with some good people there. I did leave along with some others because our new line manager was a bully and a liar out to cover his own flaws by taking it out on others. I do believe an HR case was raised later on so hopefully he's not there anymore.
Pros
Culture, good support
Cons
Salary a bit low, balance sometimes a bit off
I love working at RS, if you work hard there is potential to progress. Only negative is the pay could be better for the amount of systems etc you need to learn. You can get a higher pay scanning food through the checkout.
Pros
Colleagues are friendly, everyone willing to help
Cons
Pay could be better.
To begin with I enjoyed the work environment the work was easy and the atmosphere relaxed there were nice incentives, treats, event days things like that though you expect this with such low pay. Unfortunately a large overhaul meant too many people in the office no background checks which caused the loss of a tight knit colleague work place. Then the appreciation stopped for the staff and the work loads started to pile up. Management in general were easy going and pleasant, until the stretched man power meant promoting anyone who threw there name in, leading to unstable people managing nice teams turning them into bitter and sluggish zombies.
Pros
Mostly nice people to work with
Cons
Massive Pay gaps between grades, no accountability for bad managers
Awful, corrupt, bullying management if you don’t brown nose you get pushed out . Managers are empire builders and their only concern is progressing their own careers at the expense of their employees. Pay is pitiful compared to the market place and targets deliberately unreachable. If you aren’t in a clique with management there is no progression opportunities and you are actively encouraged to lie about how great your job is to upper management
Pros
Cons
Endless list.
Great place to work if you don't want to do anything or progress your career. Lot's of pointless meetings as too many managers. for every technical person there are 2+ non-technical people getting in the way of actually doing work. Drip fed tiny amounts of work between 50% of time spent in 'meetings'. No control or autonomy given to technical people. Totally incompetent IT department. Unable to have permission to install software tools to do development of system you are developing or supporting (this went on for over 6months). People breaking security policy to do there jobs. New CEO made this problem worse not better. Avoid this place like the plague, totally backwards step for your career to work at RS. All the problems are blinding obvious to anyone who has worked at a competent software company. It's shocking how bad that everyone seems happy to accept this to continue. My Advice: Have less manager's and non-technical people. Give more responsibility and control to the developers and let them get on with technical work! (They can were multiple hats. Do we really need A Engineering Managers, A product manager, An Agile coach and a Business Analyst for every 4 developers?. Do we really need a load architects 'analysis' all the development for months and years before developers get drip fed micro projects? Give power to the developers and remove the massive chain of managers, that get in the way of actually doing work. RS is paying people alot of money to not do alot!
Pros
great if you want to waste time and not do anything or progress career.
Cons
to many managers / No autonomy for developers
They continuously chop and change staff due to a lack of strategic planning at the top level. It felt like management were making it up as they went along with no detailed analysis of outcomes. For most RS employees it is the only job they have ever had so do not know any different. People there are great to work with. They also have a great digital presence with designsparks.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Management / navigating archaic systems
Not a bad place to work. Fairly flexible and relaxed environment. You'll have a good work life balance, which is important to everyone. Can be challenging when even management do not want to follow defined procedures or processes.
repetitive, mundane. do not progress members of staff, workload not evenly spread out amongst colleagues. extremely mentally straining to keep motivation.
Great place to work, Managers and supervisors are approachable and listen to what you may have to say. Clean and tidy work place with well ran Health & Safety. plenty of break out areas the site to have your lunch.
The warehouse culture is running behind in today's standards . The communication and understand between team managers and staff is reservedly lacking . The shop floor is under going radical changes unfortunately the long serving members of staff, are not on board. There is a vast culture of home grown managers who do not understand the business side of the production and moving forward to embrace change to improve productivity. Very stressful for staff to follow and adhere to. Great place to make friends, where your able to have the uplifting support from each other to carry on working.
Bullying is rife not payed fairly payed less then new starters been assured verbally and physically. This is a dead end job no promotion no development no training. Slow Internet poor systems search engine poor. RS are wanting to get to 2million products but search engine can't cope now. When you bring up complaints they claim your negitive
As per most paces there is more work than peope to undertake it, however, the management team recognise this and are understanding. Working from home is becoming more of the culture and they are flexible around hours of working. Everyone is very friendly and supportive, people try to work together to resolve issues rather than pointing gingers when things go wrong Hardest part of the job is that we are mostly reactive, and it is difficult to find time to be proactive about maing improvements
Was always treated fairly and with respect I was encouraged to work to the best of my ability and was always helped to achieve whatever I wanted to the managers always supported me
Great working environment. Great people. Career progression. Excellent induction programme. Free onsite parking with permit. Onsite restaurant. Onsite cafe. Onsite ATM.
  1. Employee reviews