RS Connect

RS Connect Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

peopletimemanagementjobworkharddayenjoy

Non pressurised

Targets are achievable Bonus scheme is flexible depending on personal performance Relaxed environment Repetitive Management are on hand to provide assistance

stressful environment ,

Support is poor. Be prepared to already need to know what your doing beofre your actually trained. I was trained by someone leaving so they did not care and did not show me the correct procedures.your are expected to take time out of your private time to sort out instalments, be prepared to travel lots of miles per day and week, and no help of jobs being cancelled even if your last few jobs are 2 , sometimes 3 hours from home, even though you started at seven ambe prepared for long, very long days,.no support, but very quick to blame for something.lunch on the hoof, no lunch stop, no time to, but still taken from your day.holidays to be booked 3 weeks in advance, no lee way if emergency comes up, have to take as unpaid.they cram as much into your day as they can , 45 mins per appointment, including travel, install etc.. even if your 1 hour travel between jobs.made to feel guilty if you cancel.

Pros

van work use only, with fuel

Cons

long hours, stressfull days, lack of sleep at night worrying about doing something wrong

Insights into RS Connect

Areas for improvement
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Sense of belonging

Shocking place to work

Absolutely shocking company toWork for! Still owed money that I will never seeAlso outstanding invoice stillNot paid! Promise you everything at interview.

Great job. Support is poor.

Not a good place to work

Keep away worse company to work for mark my words You will be worked hard with no rewards at the end.will all be ok for your first month the you end up with More and more work and no respect form management

very good company,

the work for the company is difficult and challenging at times but very rewarding, great suport network for all engineers and everyone is extremely helpful when you first start out, 4

An Honest Review

Loved it here to start with. Really wanted to make a change at RS Connect. I treated the business as my own until I saw the major flaws. Rules for one and not for the other. I witnessed bullying by management. I witnessed discrimination by management. If you want to contribute your ideas and skills to a company, this isn’t the place to do that. You will be a threat to the hirachy and will be on the target hit list. CEO is a good guy. Not to sure if he is blinded by his management and directors. I never got the impression his team wanted what’s best for his company. Got more of a brush it under the carpet impression. The bonus structure is a mess. Incorrect formula’s. In good time the cracks will start to show more and more. Its a good job I’m not malicious cause I got some hard evidence that could loose a few jobs there. But then again, maybe it would be for the best for the hard working people there that want to do well. CEO, start looking at your management and what they do day to day, do they really want to better your business...?

Worst employer ever!!

Expect to work hours of unpaid overtime if you complain expect to be sacked Impossible targets to get what your told is your salary wage Treated and spoken to as filth Expect to be mithered on annual holiday breaks Expect to work delivering devices in your spare time and at weekends or guess what your sacked A brutal but honest review of the worst company to ever have had the displeasure of working with

Do not work for this company

You're not valued by management. HR talk to you about other employees and they hold you accountable for others if you know them outside of work. Office politics are awful. Director swears at everyone.

Cons

Everything I said above

Love working here

Everyone is so friendly and management are really approachable which has made me settle in really well as I was nervous about taking the job previously. Kept v busy so the day goes quickly.

Good place to be

I’ve enjoyed my time at RS so far and long may it continue. Some days can be a challenge but I like to be tested and prove my worth. Always nice to have nice people around you too.

Pros

Free fruit and pool table in break room

Opportunity with job security

Been with RS for almost 3 years and it's been great to be part of the journey that the company has been on. The growth of the company has been rapid and it's great to see unfold in-front of your eyes over time. I really enjoy my role at RS and everyday can be different as I liaise with so many different departments.

Nice co workers, no work ethics, no job security, low salary

People are good just the normal work politics but overall fine. Salaries are really low and there is no management in the company. No work ethics, no chain of command, a bit racist humor from management, no growth culture.

Pros

Nice co workers

Cons

no work ethics, no job security, low salary

Overall good company to work for

Day to day activities require being pro active always work to do and management always there to help. Co-workers always able to help and friendly. Only minus was that unless your regimental about leaving on time you tend to stay over which can impact social life.

Pros

Always work available, management and co workers friendly

Cons

Can impact social life if not regimental about leaving on time

Hard work breathes success

My time spent here at RS Connect has most certainly been the best experience of my adolescent years. I started off in the call center but with a little extra hard work, I was given an opportunity to spread my wings throughout the company, not only learning more but meeting incredible people. You reap rewards if you put the work in!

Pros

Great hours

Brilliant place to work with opportunity

If you work hard, apply yourself and are prepared to seize opportunities when they present themselves, then RS is the place for you. It is a rapidly growing company with plenty of job security due to the fact that we are the market leader by some margin.

RS Connect

Great people to work with, staff turn over very high. Change of direction in work ethics to quick and lack direction, which probably came from the high staff turnover.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

change of work ethics

Over worked. Awful pay

Worked to the bone all got minimum wage. Managers are all lazy and talk amongst themselves. The turnover of employees is high because people leave after a few months cause they realise how terrible it is. I urge anyone reading this not to go to this company as they don't care about you. All they care about is answering calls. They have no morals when it comes to customers or cancelling customers for their appointments.

Pros

They won't ever fire u cause they desperate

Cons

Going to work in general, and fighting off urges to kill yourself

Fleet Advisor

Came in as a Fleet Supervisor, but very rarely carried out that role. Was treated as a child and was not given adequate training. They are a company that is growing, so need to address training. No support provided and changed training plan. Training on role was then provided and shift was placed on conduct, last minute. Higher management were very good, as they assisted the transition from ‘child-like’ training to work-related processes. Fleet staff and management needs assessing for competency and training standards/styles.

Pros

I didn’t find any

Cons

Fleet

I have worked for RS Connect for 7 years and met some amazing people , this company wants people that really want to achieve something in life , the possibility’s are endless. Overtime is on tap at a fanstatic rate and if you work hard and hit the key performance indicators you a rewarded with a £400 bonus on more than one occasion I have managed to Book a holiday and pay for it in full in just one month just by working hard. I recently bought a car and all I do is work one Sunday a month to cover the cost if you want a easy ride this is not the place for you , but if you are not scared of hard work you can earn as much as you like.

Pros

The ability to earn extra money when ever you want

Cons

Taxman

A brilliant Company to work for with great characters

RS Connect is a great company to work for. Everyone is very friendly and will make you feel right at home. The facilities are great but they do really need a bigger car park. Fantastic atmosphere and great room for expansion and promotion if the work is put in. RS is growing at a rapid rate and it’s best to jump on now.

Pros

Great People, flexible hours etc..

Cons

Car park is a bit small

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RS Connect. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement