RSA

RSA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom215 reviews

centreprogressioncolleagueroleredundantclaiminsuranceprogress

Toxic

The company itself is good,excellent benefits, fair wage,however,if management don't like you,you've got no chance. Toxic environment not good for mental health, liars,school yard like atmosphere and very clicky. A lot of favoritism but pushed out if not liked and made to feel terrible if you fail anything, shamed in front of the team,nothing is private everything shared.

Pros

Wage, fair rota with weekend shifts

Cons

Certain Management, 40 hour contract

RSA need to get their ears cleaned

If you are happy to be a number & micro managed this is the place for you. If you like to share your toilet habits or justify why you have to call out , or are late on breaks.Step right up.If you like constant change without any sensible justification only the same narrative that it is business requirement RSA is perfect.It’s all fun and games until you are not hitting targets & although RSA claim to be inclusive , diverse and family friendly , they are not and they do not take into account any mitigating circumstances for poor performance.RSA was a great place to work, it is rapidly seeing talented, hard working staff leave due to the severe lack of understanding with staff whom are being pushed to the limits with multiple lines , multiple processes. Coaching plans and PIPS are handed out as regularly as the weather changes.

Pros

Central town location, excellent benefits and pension

Cons

Constant change, micro management, lack of empathy

Insights into RSA

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Awful

Worst office I’ve worked in, extremely clicks if you not in the click you see bottom of the pile. Very mean girl click from right at the top to team leaders to the team leaders favourites, I would not recommend this place to work at all, I was in the Peterborough office, 90% of the people I started with no longer work there we all left with in a year, very fast staff turn over. I left due to feeling uncomfortable in work place after comments were made about me I’m unable to say on here as flags up language

Great Company

Great Company to work for. Looked after staff throughout the pandemic and beyond with several cost of living wage rises in the last 12 months. Lots of opportunity to learn a complex and new skill that is insurance.

It was okay

Busy call centre but can be promoted if you work hard enough and shoe interest in progressing in the company. If one manager doesn't like you the rest follow suit.

Pros

Good benefits

Culture needed improvement

Did not recognise individual achievement and hard work Often felt like I was just a numberExcellent training opportunities were given throughoutModern facilities

Pros

Training

Cons

Recognition

Not great

Started as a motor handler at RSA and then moved onto property. The one good thing about the company is they are willing to take on people with little to no insurance experience. The training provided was really good too. The above being said, the company’s problem is they want to squeeze every last ounce of work from their staff and pay them peanuts for it. Salary was not on par with industry standards. The property side of things was extremely busy during my time there. At no point did I feel I was getting paid enough for what I did. Management have little to no interest in retaining their staff. Turnover is high with constant new starters in the team as existing staff keep leaving due to dissatisfaction. There is no pro activity whatsoever. Only after s**t hits the fan do they finally recruit more staff by which point it’s too late. Would never work for them again.

Terrible company

Just terrible in everyway.Behind so many insurance companies in terms of salary and bonus .People you work with are great but are so undervalued by incompetent middle management .

Pros

Cons

Bonus terrible

No prospects

The company is very hierarchical. Even if you have the skills and qualifications to do the job above you, you’ll quickly find out that until someone either dies or retires, you won’t be getting that job. Which means that for years your stuck in a position with no scope for progression

Great Place to work

Work hard and you will be acknowledged sit around and do nothing is not an option. Great benefits poor work/home balance. Lots of call guides to read processes and timescales to adhear to as well as sticking to breaks and lunches

Good

place to work.Work hard and you reap benfits dont expect to sit and do nothing and then complain you dont get anywhere.Always jobs available internally.

Decent place to work

Not a bad place to work I was working on behalf of a building society. Day consisted of taking calls serving and assisting customers. Giving customers quotes on home insurance

Credit control very clicker

I moved into credit control from a different department . Very clicks if your face fits and are a yes person you will be ok. The pay is also very poor.

Very Stressful Environment

I worked at RSA Motability for four years. The first two years were pretty good but during the pandemic they didn't hire any new staff and the usual amount of staff left. This led to it becoming ridiculously busy and chaotic. For the amount of work we had to do we were also really underpaid. I was working as a Claims Handler which is just a glorified call centre job. If you had a job that wasn't on the phones then I imagine it would be a great company to work for. In fairness, the management at RSA are supportive and fair. But, unless you're desperate I wouldn't take a job on the phones there.

Too relaxed to be productive

The slackest environment I’ve ever worked in, lack of professionalism, lack of management skills… only good thing is the employees and the team mates. Shame as the job isn’t that difficult or taxing.Productivity is let down by archaic system issues and out of date work methods… management admit this has been the case for years yet no improvements are made.

Not the best

I started as a motor claims handler and then moved to property. RSA do take on people with little to no previous insurance experience and provide good training. The problem is their wages are below what everybody else pays. The pay does not reflect the workload which in departments like property can be substantial. Wages remain stagnant and when they do rise they do so by very little. Staff retention is a constant issue which management do little about.

Ups and downs

Started off good. Decent wage. Loved some of my colleagues. Wasn't understanding about my childcare needs or illness. Let me down big time. Ended in unfairness

terrible hours, low pay, what more can I say?

RSA said all the right things in the hiring process but from the first day of training I realised accepting this position was a huge mistake. The 40-hour workweek dragged on, days seemed endless. The managers reeked of insincerity, I could tell it was a culture of setting employees up for failure. The training lasted three weeks and covered a variety of insurance underwriting topics, none of which was included in the final test. why bother? Wasted 2 months of my life there and will regret it forever.

Pros

on-site cantina with cheap eats.

Cons

long hours, insincere management, every second of your day is monitored and quantified, they will use this data to deny performance bonuses

One of the nicest places I have worked

If you want to be treated with respect and made to feel welcome then this is the place to work. Excellent colleagues are friendly and usually willing to help you. The job is fairly repetitive but then aren't most jobs so?To be Frank, the only thing that I would change is the dogmatic call guide you have to follow, like Just a Minute, without Deviation or Hesitation but with Loads of Repetition. Q A listening will hit you like a ton of bricks if you don't. For instance @Did not say the correspondence or risk address' when issuing the policy. Well where do they think we are insuring?Somewhere on the moon!Leave at the door any ideas about using common sense. Follow the rules..Or Else ! Unbelievably inflexible and a dreadful experience for the consumer to have to listen to a load of drival. Even my dog would know what it is about after half an hour of spiel.The only other issue you will find challenging to deal with here is the tribal team culture where if you upset someone in another team or department you will get to find out. Rather like a secondary school situation, if you dare to tell someone they are wrong then they tell Miss and she will have a word with your class teacher and she will be cross with you and will not back you up.It is all a bit childish, quite frankly, but the average age here is 19 among the first jobbers so I expect it is a carry on of what they are used to.The insurance software breaks down frequently and leaves you in the proverbial duck creek.

Pros

Super environment and nice people(chosen for their niceness)

Cons

Often not enough time to do the tasks as they cut the time to micro seconds between calls

If I could rate this place a 0 I would!!

Absolutely horrendous management! Staff turnover is bad too, with staff leaving every week. Managers horrendous and make you feel so low! Especially two in particular managers that will gossip at each other’s desks about the mental and psychical health of their employees. I would not work here ever again even if I was paid 1 million.

Pros

Non

Cons

Would highly recommend working for RSA, lots of opportunities to progress and the management drive you to succeed. I worked for RSA for nearly 4 years and during my time there I went on lots of courses and improved my management skills.

Pros

Lovely building

Cons

Shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement