RSA

RSA Employee Reviews

flexible working hours and ability to work from home when required good culture and working environment however in return a high standard of work is expected of you
Pros
flexibility
Cons
high pressured environment
I worked for RSA for 10 years in their credit control/accounts department - by many departments this was seen as the easiest department to work for as we had no call targets, no monitored phone times, no RAP. I found this department to be very much if your face fits .... I was both sides of the coin ... on several occasions.
Pros
Job stability, independent working
Cons
Face fits culture
Not the worst place to work for but considering i’ve worked in other contact centres I’m surprised that the Liverpool office has won contact centre of the year in 2018. From previous experience I’ve had plenty of support from floor walkers and leaders that know exactly what they’re talking about, coming to here i’ve noticed on most occasions my leader has to confirm what they’re telling me is the right answer with others and there is hardly any support on the floor, especially when most leaders are in meetings day in day out. Leaders are always reluctant to help you with your query and look as though they have better things to do? Salary could be improved for current staff as many of us are still on low salaries considering they’ve upped the pay for new starters - I suggest they look after their own staff first. Will most likely leave this place after a while not been here long but don’t see any career progression worthwhile. I think they should also put their funds into more support staff than upping new starters salaries. Departments in the office are no help and are always cold transferring customers through to wrong departments. Better to avoid this place to be honest
Pros
Good benefits/discounts, paid training
Cons
Unpaid lunch, uncompetitive salary, no help, lack of knowledge in leaders
Go through the motions of reviews etc; but even if you have worked your butt off and there isn't the budget for you area then you don't pass go. When they decide they want to save money regardless of the loss in customer service and make you redundant you are tossed on to the scrapheap without any support. Very disappointed in how they treat their loyal staff and thought they would be a more responsible company to work for especially with their long history.
Excellent initial training, but support in the job is very hit and miss. It’s high pressure and extremely stressful dealing with customers motor claims. The hours and shifts are awful and the annualised hours are dropped on your schedule every week, sometimes working 40+. There is no life work balance and it’s virtually impossible to get the holiday dates you want.
Pros
Free tea coffee hot drinks. Lots of benefits
Cons
They don’t expect you have a life outside work.
Your just a number at RSA. They don't value their employees. Managers look after each other. Call centre environment. Salary is not competitive due to work involved. I worked in household claims
Pros
Cons
Salary
my roles within the company ranges from picking and making up orders to fulfil customer needs. Unloading lorrys with a forklift, ensuring all products are to the highest of quaility and fit for sale. Proof reading paperwork form the drivers To ensurre all is correct and all stock is as documented. picking from the warehouse and to reload Lorry's using a forklift. General house-keeping duites to ensure the warehouse is easily accessable, organised and free from any damaged stock or equipment.
I am half way through my training with the RSA, it has been fantastic so far. I have found that the schools direct program has given me a good platform to move forward with my career.
I had a wonderful career at RSA over a number of years. I have actioned many different roles within the cmpany statring in accounts and handling the cash payments to underwater at a basic level to Team leader and finally high licence level Technical Underwriter. During the latter position my daily duties ranged from dealing with high licence level underwiting queries, complaints. Negotiating and presenting risks to Head Office. Coaching and Developing department team. Introducing new products and delivering training to the Customer Teams. Testing Knowledge and appliying relevant working licences to developing staff. Investigating risks Auditing outcomes and producing reports.
A great workplace with lots of nice people. The office is centrally located l and I don't have a bad word to say about anyone who works there. It's busy with lots of dedication. Early starts and late nights are not too much of a chore.
RSA were a great employer, their employee benefits are brilliant. They always recruit great staff and everyone is passionate about the job. The customer benefits from this.
On the phones dealing with queries as they come through from policy queries to sales and accounts.. I have learned i can do a multiple ogf jobs from sales, service, retentions, accounts queries, complaints handling, The hardest part of your job is dealing with complaints and handling them with care to make sure they are dealt with within the company guidelines and also being subject to treating the customer fairly, the most enjoyable part is being able to provide a very quick and efficient service to customers so they can walk away happy and also leave feedback of the service offered and willing to tell other about it.
Pros
Being able to provide a high class service
Cons
Not much available as in regards to progression
A great place to work with great team ethos. Very close knit work community, with people that are always willing to help - on site library, parking and cafe
RSA is an insurance company, the office in Halifax is an easy going place, there are no uniforms and suits are not necessary.
Decent enough place to work if you want to sit with a headset all day and not really engage your brain to much, typical day is taking calls from brokers who have querys about insurance they are putting through for all kinds of businesses, you have a set guideline on stuff you can allow and cant allow and if its something your unsure about or above a certain limit (quote wise) you set a case up for a higher level underwriter/adviser who then talks you through what decision you should make, they use the job term underwriter when you complete your training but overall you are more just a contact center advisor you dont generally underwrite anything yourself, and part of the job is making minor amendments to policy's, the progression is minimal its like you have to complete a spreadsheet working on certain cases and then present your case for moving up a licence (which means you may be able to agree slightly more stuff on the system) kind of like being good in school and getting moved to a harder workbook. Worked with people who had been there 10 years and were on same level or slightly higher. The training you are given is alot of product knowledge but can be irrelevant as after 4 or 5 weeks you are told just to go on the phone, and then the person who trained you does not answer questions, just says 'speak to the team' , hours and salary are decent enough and the majority of staff i worked with were all decent and friendly, although most people who work on the floor cannot be bothered answering questions! and you get left to alot yourself. Management staff were all ok, although - more...
Pros
Nice office Grounds, staff nice
Cons
No career progression, poor bonus scheme, training is not given properly
Good company going through an interesting transformation. Chief Executive doing an excellent job delivering the overall strategy of the firm. Positive future to be expected.
The training provided was a 6 week training course where we were told they cant teach and prepare us for everything and I didn't understand till i actually went on the phones. Everday is different speaking to between 20-50 people a day all the conversations are different. My least favourite part of the job was the managment. They always seemed to seprate themselves off into a clique of scouse-browed arrogant women. The whole female side of the managment was so unapproachable, they were like the mean girls of the office! The actual team members tho were fantastic, RSA employed some ownderful people as staff.
Pros
free coffee! fun enviroment! Other team members are ALWAYS willing to help
Cons
arrogant managment, not many people care about the customers, work doesnt get completed
Taking new and existing claims, being patient & understanding. Great team and team leader. Having to register difficult claims, being thanked by customers
Cons
call centre environment
Fantastic place to work, brilliant managers, great salary, easy (but challenging) work and amazing team mates. I actually regret leaving this place as it was a fantastic career.
Pros
Fantastic work enviroment
Lovely place to work. Since it was for work experience I was only there a week. But my colleagues made me feel at home and showed me the ropes
Pros
long lunch break
Cons
quite early start time
A real family friendly company, lovely people to work for. They still have lots of fun in the compnay (not as much as there used to be years ago, but I suppose that's the same everywhere)
  1. Employee reviews