RSK Group

RSK Group Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews

Okay place to work

Okay place to work, mostly friendly staff but some bad eggs inevitably. Can be very stressful at times and salaries need to be addressed to match the competition, given the rapid growth in recent years. Casual dress code and flexibility in role is a benefit.

Supporting, encouraging environment to work in

I have worked in public sector and in two other consultancies. RSK by far is the best place I have worked - its a big company with a small company feel. Overall the Geosciences team is really supportive and career progression and personel development is really encouraged. As with all consultancies on occasions the role is demanding, but the career progression and interesting projects are worth it in my opinion.

Poor senior management

The company is growing so quickly, they are at risk of putting too much pressure on the existing workforce. Management are so busy concentrating on achieving the high turnover, but have not got the resources to deliver the projects when they win them. They are not good at being pro-active - only reactive.

Pros

Flexible/hybrid working

Cons

Inconsistent attitude of senior management

Relaxed but still Professional Environment to work for.

I found the management professional and approachable and also fair too. A good company to work for. Complied and understood Covid is not a fad and has to be taken seriously.

Pros

No one sitting on your shoulders.

Cons

Having to be paid through an umbrella cpmpany.

A great place to work with career progression if you put the hours in.

At structural soils you start at the bottom, you have to work hard to progress, there is plenty of opportunities to progress, you just have to step up when asked. There is continual training in testing standards, health & safety, PPE, they also offer flexi-hours when you request it.

Pros

Free hot drinks, flexi working, overtime available.

Cons

40 hours per week

Avoid like the plague

No progression, no training , no pay reviews , under staffed work load of 5 people , clicky atmosphere .What else is there to put but avoid this company , they more interested in empire building than people .

Pros

Cons

Loads

Hard times

Worked there for two mouths was promised the would at the interview and when I got the job it all changed no overtime pay and managers don't have a clue as some teams take the pixx

Pros

Cons

Long hours single pay

I would look else where

I have seen a change since RSK have taken over CAN Ltd. We have to do monthly office audits to check we won't trip over a pencil sharpener and we have targets for reporting near miss positive interventions even if none are obvious because we have made everything safe! Not seen any payrise and when you mention payrise to long serving staff they laugh. Large staff turnover.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Can't see much progression so far

Ideal company freindly and passionate

Great place top work and to develop your skills, Top management are very health and safety conscience which is great to see. If you want to develop your career progression join this company. Great friendly people and lots of charity and out of work socialising

Do not work here

Highly recomend that you don not work here, no support from management, they call you nasty names behind your back, give you work loads that is out of your comfort zone with no training or any support. I could write alot more but there not enough space.

Poor management

As with a lot of companies, the majority of the staff that work at RSK are great people. Unfortunately, the management lets them down. Their reputation for not paying contractors on time is a continual joke in the industry that puts unfair pressure on their suppliers and is an embarrassment as an employee. They show little regard to their staff, with poor pay, lack of training and unpaid overtime expected as a standard. A boys club that rewards the upper tiers and neglects the really good staff they have. A real shame about the companies they are buying up and ruining with their poor management.

Poor salary and benefits, limited career progression that has to fit in a box

Pros: Not necessary to wear corporate attire to work, if you don’t want to. Cons: Hemel Hempstead wage has no London weighting, and is considered the same as living in the cheaper to rent, northern based office locations. Only 23 days annual leave excluding public holidays (competitors get at least 25). Enquiring about flexible working is pretty frowned upon, and you get questioned why you want it. Career progression has to be when they see fit, even if you’ve been working at the level above for years, as. Frustrating barrier to progression.

Enjoyable place to work

Very dynamic company, currently growing at a fairly rapid rate. Day-to-day the work is varied and enjoyable. The projects I work on are interesting and the people are great. The best part about working here is new opportunities. With so many services across the business there are endless opportunities to develop new skills, work with new people and learn about different sectors. The salary and benefits are below average for a business this size but flexible working and the option to purchase additional annual leave are good perks. Management is very approachable and seem to value the opinions of staff.

Pros

approachable management, relaxed culture, opportunities to learn new skills

benefits

Not a happy work environment

Worked here for just under a year. you have to really push if you want to try anything new, you are just a factory worker there and they want you to do as much as possible for a terrible wage. Can be very unfriendly at times and can not always be a fun place to work at. Its very much keep it in the family vibe and if your not part of that then it can be a bit of an unhappy place to work. Not much talk of advancing skills and professional development barr the minimum needed for you to pump out as many tests as possible.

Arrogant and new-rich senior management

Pay including benefit is terrible. Nepotism is not unheard of (in this day and age). In the geoscience, especially contaminated land, department the more you show in a gimmicky and schmoozy way you're abiding to ridiculous H&S red tapes the more respect you gain regardless of how genuinely you care about H&S, technical quality and commercial viability of a project. Arrogant senior management who think they can acquire the whole planet on the back of some political links which they have in small rural parts of Cheshire

Pros

Pockets of team camaraderie

Cons

Arrogant senior management

Not recommended

A really bad place for people with abilities and will to work. Nepotism, rudeness, non equal opportunities. The more knowledge and the broader aducational background you have, the less chance you have to succeed there. Avoid it!!

Pros

Zero

Cons

Nepotism, rudness, arrogancy

Terrible place to work

Bosses are useless, they have no idea how to run a business. Treat staff like cr*p, terrible pay for what you are expected to do . Avoid at all costs.

Great Company to work for

I worked in the geophysics topographical department for three years and found them to be a great team to work for and with. there are not many companies that have the security of a big company but have a small company feel. I found them very accommodating to my personal life/requirements and felt a part of a good team of people. my only reason for leaving was to travel and I would recommend this company to anyone who asked.

Pros

friendly team, good training possibilities, good career progression

Cons

long hours, pay

Avoid at all costs

If you can feel the knife in your back, then it is probably in there. If your face doesn't fit with management then they will find a way to get rid of you. Ridiculous rate of pay for a job where you are pushed to your limits. Well not everyone is, just the ones who faces don't fit. There are so many suck ups. Avoid working here.....................................

Pros

Cons

Poor pay; long hours; no recognition and s**t management

Strange place to work

When I started working for them they put me in the compaction room with this guy which never spoke to me all day(from day one) he made me feel small and stupid he spoke to me only when he needed me to do something for him he spoke to everyone else he showed me what to do once (I haven't done that type of job before) I was their 3 months then I was told that it wasn't working and they had to let me go a very clicky place to work they let u know if u fit in or not I guess in my case I didn't (avoid working their)

Productive, challenging

RSK is a great place to grow and work. Projects are challenging and interesting. Support is always available when required. Staff are open and easily approached. When there is too much on the plate, work will be shared out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSK Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement