RSM

RSM Employee Reviews

United Kingdom71 reviews

friendlystaffteammanagementtimegoodcompanypeople

Nice place to work but obviously money rules so expect a lot of pressure

RSM were a good place to work for, all in all. For an admin there were opportunities for career advancement, and colleagues were nice. But overworking yourself is the norm here as well, like in most places where you earn a decent salary. But be warned: when Covid hit, they showed how little they cared about staff. The problem was the WAY it has been done, in a dirty way, really. Luckily I had a good contract, and admittedly the beginning of the pandemic was a crazy time.

Amazing place to work

Great place to work everyone is very supportive. The hierarchy of staff is not intimidating and speaking to partners is as easy as speaking to peers in your position. The training is also led great and the company feels like a nationwide community.

Insights into RSM

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Depends

People are very nice and friendly.More support can be give to employees in their development.Some times a lot of overtime is required so work life balance could be better.

Good if you fit in

When I joined the company I was excited due to the prospects then it quickly changed, they have an ethos of grow their own (that is if your face fits) My line manager kept moving the goalposts at appraisal times to prevent promotion which is also the only way to get a pay rise (not had one in three years) My directorate recruited non qualified/new qualified staff in higher positions than qualified and experienced staff that have given time and loyalty making it difficult to want to stay and go somewhere where your appreciated. Having said that they are not all the same, got amazing secondment opportunity assisting a different directorate so much so I am seriously thinking about a transfer to said directorate.

Productive workplace

My time so far at RSM has been a great learning experience so far. The work has been varied and somewhat interesting. There are training sessions at the start of the scheme, with more dotted down the line. Most of the training is on the job training, which means it is a very 'sink or swim' environment.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Long hours and tight deadlines

I loved all aspects of my job at RSM. They are a professional Firm but treat all staff as part of one big happy family. Reception was a team of three people who worked Successfully together.

Good colleagues

Nice place to be, some managers can be iffy. Training contract puts too much pressure on young joiners, shouldn't be so stink or swim. Can be good for certain joiners.

Not a great place to work with little benefit

not great, long hours, poor management. there is a very poor performance and development process, with emphasis less on what you as an individual do, and more on who you are friends with.

Fun working company. Organises out of work social events

An excellent company to work for very friendly and family oriented. I worked here for 30 years before I retired. I was employed as front of house Reception along with a team of receptionist.

Pros

Free lunches for staff meetings

Cons

Long hours when needed but time off when needed

Good work, but boss doesn't know how it works

The jobs are plenty and and the team is nice. Only got a company phone because I refused to call customers from my private phone. Could not work email with the given phone. I did not get a company car and then was questioned why I cannot get all the tools required in my car (can't fit cleaning supplies, paint, painting tools AND a lawnmower in a Ford KA). Mileage not paid. Always been questioned why jobs are not done yet although good communication from the team to management, management trying to rearrange job orders in a way that did not make sense. Management no practical job experience, so misunderstandings were regular. Only received payments for work clothes back after explaining that a jeans and trainers are not the right outfit to rebuild fences.

Unachievable workloads

At first the job was great but as management changed, admin staff were treated so badly that I’ve seen them in tears and many have left because of it. Admin typically burn out in a year due to heavy workloads & bad admin & upper management. As staff leave they’re not replaced, we’re all doing 2+ peoples jobs & no overtime’s allowed for admin staff to complete workloads anymore. If your not liked & don’t fit in they force you out.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Awful Management

Stressful and poisonous environment

It may be a good fit for others, but personally I found the firm incredibly unfair, two-faced management, lack of care for support or junior roles and overall an awful place to work. However, the team that I worked with were incredibly supportive of one another and made the time I spent there bearable enough to stay for as long as I did.

not a great place - bullying managers

No value for staff at all, people are horrible, don't ever think of working for them, lack of communications, just expectations, it's all about wealthy partners who are always away on vacations, poor management.

Excellent employer

RSM is a great company to work for. Fantastic office environment, wonderful people and professional atmosphere but also very supportive and inclusive culture. The company encourages professional growth towards management and leadership and also offers an alternative technical career path for those who do not wish to pursue a senior managerial position.

Very useful

Throughout my weeks volunteering at RSM I learnt a lot about how accounting is done in practice working alongside the different departments meant my knowledge of the company grew largely within a short amount of time

stressful environment

Supportive managers are dependent on pure luck, and progress is dependent on many factors which makes promotions very challenging. The consulting department are under resourced which makes work quite stressful

Brilliant place to work

Fabulous place to work. Nice people. Only bad thing is parking tickets from MK. Sometimes no paring available. Really wonderful management. They listen and treat staff fair. Opportunity are really good. The work is hard and sometimes pressured, but do-able .

Productive and fun place

Fantastic environment to work in with training opportunities to increase your skills. Great development opportunities. Wide ranging work which is both challenging and enjoyable. RSM genuinely cares about its employees and their professional development.

Pleasant but uninspiring

Decent people but quality of clients was not great and failed to attract the brightest graduates. Too much time spent servicing small, low profit clients.

Month placement

I did a months placement filing and the workers were very friendly and the social events made me settle in very quickly for the short time that I was there.

Pros

coffee machine

day at work

the day is long due to commuting and the job is fast pace. Pressure of deadlines and client meetings. Working closely with two departments to met deadline. Intense working enviroment

Pros

free parking

Cons

Long day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement