Runwood Homes
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

Runwood Homes Employee Reviews

Days or nights have a typical routine very good guided by a team manager. The hardest part of the job is to learn the topic of the building and to be used to the sound of the buzzers, you need time and patience. The residents are wonderful and the activities are gorgeous.
Pros
free lunches and drinks
Cons
long hours or half a day
I worked for the company last year got told how amazing it was to work there didnt get told that bullying was aloud by management all the good workers treated badly and the bad workers taken by the hand and given an easy life when management is approached to the bullying atmosphere they sweep it under the carpet
Cons
Avoid at all costs. The units are always under staffed. Care staff are worked are over worked and under paid and under pressure. No breaks as promised. It's all about filling up the beds.The residents are looked after amazingly by some care staff. Others, sadly it's just a job, and a wage at the end of the week.
Pros
Knowing that you done your job. Can go home with a clear sense of satisfaction
Cons
Long hours. Hard work. Managers are another matter.
Management are not very supportive. There’s no chance of progression unless you are related. Night rate is the same as day rate. Staff could do with more training.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Pay and management
Management want you to do everything while they get the credit and swan about giving orders Not a single piece of credit given to care workers No help from certain CTLS
Pros
Zero except the residents
Cons
Long hours no balance
Minimal training, at their convenience and not before it’s needed. Far too much work required to be done in time given so lunch breaks often missed. (If you’re the conscientious type) Some colleagues were lovely, but if you were not in the clique with the managers then you just had to get your work done and then make up for the shoddy work the favourites couldn’t be bothered to do.
Cons
Low pay
I loved working with the residents and the aspects of being a care team manager, the role itself is my dream job. But the way in which I was treated by the manigerial staff was a downright disgrace. I was heavily pregnant, and had to leave due to the stress from the manager, calling me into meetings and accusing me of reporting the home to the rqia. You are made feel like a scolded child when they are supposed to support and help you grow in your career!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Treatment from managers, rota management
I worked in the kitchen Over workedUnderpaidCheeky staffTerrible managementJust an absolutely awful place to work the home I worked for anyway..
Cons
Worked for Runwood home in Stratford upon Avon for just over a year. It was awful! I went through at least 5 managers who had their own ideas and everything including care plans and paper work changing.No activities for residents. Was not supported by management at any point. Staff stretched to their limits. So many medication errors it was unbelievable. On top of all that wcc bed blocked the home for some time as deemed it unsafe. The place needs shutting down! Very unsafe for residents and staff were becoming very clicky. No professionalism at all.
Pros
Good deputy until pushed out eventually
Cons
Everything including diff managers the job itself etc.
I would not recommend this company to anyone with children or other obligations as they do not have flexible working hours for anyone. You as an employee have to be flexible for them but they do not be flexible with you. They do not care about staff nor residents it’s all about filling beds and making profit. The rate of pay is absolutely rubbish for the workload you are given. You are expected to be a carer and domestic for you wage. If you have any concerns they don’t want to know and will always back management even if they are in the wrong. If you don’t like how things are being done you are told you know where the door is. They hire young staff to try and push out the older staff with experience. You are put down for extra shifts without being asked. There are differences made between the units by how each unit is treated by management so if you are lucky enough to be on the unit they like them you are a step ahead of the other units. They get treats for all their hard work whilst the other unit’s get nothing. The rewarding part is helping the residents and seeing them smile that’s the best part for me and knowing I can make a difference in their lives at this very difficult and unpredictable time.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Long hour, rubbish pay, bad management
Please do not apply to work here. The company do not care about their staff. The pay is pathetic for the amount of paperwork and physical labour you do in a 12 hour shift. Yes you get your designated breaks, but inbetween that you do not stop running around, sweating and getting no support. As long as the staff to resident ratio is met they dont care about you. You are constantly contacted on days off and A/L asking to cover a shift. Important information is shared via whatsapp, youre not allowed to take a day or a few days off at a time it must be a week at least. THEY DONT TELL YOU WHEN YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH A/L SO YOU END UP NOT GETTING PAID - staff are expected to keep track of this. They also make you take more A/L than you asked for. You go to your seniors/ management with ideas/ suggestions/ complaints and they go ignored. Staff turnover is huge - the staff who do stay are two faced and will throw you under the bus to gain brownie points with management. Majority of staff do nothing but yap and moan constantly - but I guess this is to be expected since management dont listen - but this constant unhappiness depletes moral like crazy so you always go on shift in a terrible mood. This place will be a stain on your CV.
Pros
Cons
terrible pay, no support esp during covid, youre just a number to them, back breaking work
I worked there for a little while with so support from management or seniors had 12 residents to look after on my own no support and including a lot of residents to assist with 2 carers which was to much for another carer to help wasnt allowed to pick up over time only if manager asked you to manager had no people skills rude to staff
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long hours low pay no selfasteam
I was taken on as bank hours in may 2019 and completed my training as required. I was called in for 2 shifts then recieved no comunication from the home i was based at at all until i received my p45 last week. Unprofessional,badly managed and rude.
Pros
Cons
No hours given after my effort to complete the training and no reason for it.
The work life balance is 10 out of 10, management will go out their way to try and solve your issues. Most days can be mentally tiring, but other then that the atmosphere is relaxed, fun and family-friendly. If you want to start a career in Care, I highly recommend Caldwell Grange!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rate of pay
I have been working for one of care home RUNWOOD HOMES for 3,5 years and for myself work was ok but the money in there is too small, No bonus for extra shifts or working in weekends.When you asking manager about some extra bonus or even £1 more for hour they saying they don't have a money and that's work vocation but next they you see people from agency. I don't understand that 🧐 . They are prefer book a agency for a lot of money more.
Pros
lovely residents
Cons
Small salary
staff al lovely to work for . could allways do other more staff team leader at night is the only one on duty so every is left down to them management could be al of better
Cons
Was not happy working there any more. Could not get annual leave when very ill. Loads of different mangers within a year. Some of the other staff were lovely to work with.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
The care home I worked in that is apart of run wood homes have a name for themselves due to past employees, this has a knock on affect on the staff that were working there when I was.
I worked at Braywood gardens for 6 months. Whilst colleagues and residents were fantastic. The manager had 0 people skills, treated staff like stray dogs and threw tantrums when things didn't go her way. I've worked in the care sector since the 80s and never experienced anything like I did here. It's a shame as it has the potential to befantastic.
Pros
Residents and colleagues
Cons
Bad management
I am not at all blaming the whole company.However the one where I worked was unfortunately the worst place I ever came across. Treated like slaves, put you under pressure ,unwanted allegations,being ganged up and targeting,racist and what not!!
Pros
I don’t find anything
Cons
Unethical management
From the start it was a very poor initial impression, telephone interview ended with me being told, this pandemic has given us the best chance of getting the best person for the job, as so many people are being laid off, Wow... This along with the amount of time and the lack of response from the Estates director and facilities administrator, should have served as a big red flag to how they are likely to treat their staff. A few weeks later and I guess when it suited them, I receive a call asking if I would attend a face to face interview, but not to worry as there is no more Covid cases in the building, well at least in the wing we would meeting up in. I attended the interview as agreed, I was on time. Interview went pretty well and I was told he would call me the following day to confirm, yes you have probably guessed, several days later its confirmed with a start date. A real lack of people management skills, in fact I would say zero people management skills. On my start day, He was not available to meet up, so as a contract manager. I spent the day breaking up furniture with 2 labourers. This along with no autonomy, no decent staff, no contractors, no easily accessed trade account, no support, the support offered was another contract manager who was clearly set on making it difficult and being very ambiguous on how they worked. Maintenance staff were not happy and this as I understood was down to their skillset being lower than the requirement, which is what you get when you pay peanuts. Needless to say I handed in my notice on the 3rd week and I can honestly - more...
  1. Employee reviews