Runwood Homes

Runwood Homes Employee Reviews for Caregiver

I have worked for 14 years at Bracebridge Court the last 5 being run by Runwood homes. The team and management at the home are great. The owners of the company visit regular and always show their appreciation for our hard work. The Work is hard but rewarding and i feel the resident sin our care are well looked after.
Pros
Nice enviroment to work.
Cons
Pay could be better but is comparable to other companies.
I worked for this company for over 2 years. Mangers were bullies and I witnessed management belittling residents and upsetting them. They lied over drugs and forged signatures to cover up. They were constantly understaffed and pressured staff to sometimes work 72 hour weeks. There was never enough food for residents eg 2 quarters of sandwiches for teatime or 3 jackets to be shared between 8 residents
So understaffed that dodgy care practice is being carried out. No time for anything, sometimes don't get a break because there is so few staff. Slide sheets are barely used and I have seen other carers purposely ignore residents.
Pros
Sunday premium
Cons
12 hr shifts
Understaffed and overworked for very poor pay. Hours being cut to maximise profits for directors. Would be lovely to care for the residents as they should be cared for but understaffing means this is not possible.
Malnush patents due to keep lowering the food costs. Hygiene of patients is lacking due to staff shortages machines frequently brake down. Giving rooms to mental health patient which we are not qualifyed to do. Allowing them to roam freely around our elderly patients. This isn't what we signed up for. Highly recommend you don't apply here.
Cons
No brakes due to staff shortage
The staff are really lovely... The management absolute dispicable... Only care about them selves... Give zero incouragement... If you don't take overtime when short you get told you have let them down. She says the home should come before your family
Never enough staff for the amount of work your doing. Management would rather see staff struggle then call agency as they would lose their bonus. Low pay for the hours you work and the work quantity
I got offered a job and then got told that the position is not yet available until the lady who's job they were advertising hands in her resignation. Three weeks go by and the lady has still not resigned and I was told would have to wait another 2 weeks for her to return off holiday to make a decision. Naturally I declined the non existent position.
Pros
Nice workers
Cons
Badly managed.
No one listens management bad favourites all the way. Never any sheets towels or flannels at any time of the day. Alot of very lazy people here not cleaning up after themselves always running low on cleaning products do not waste your time on applying to work here
Pros
Residents
Cons
So much happier as no longer work there. Staff are two faced and there is always Chinese whispers this also includes manger and deputy who also like to get involved with the Gossip. Staff do what they want & if your there favourites you get away with it. Management is absolutely shocking & always covering incidents up and lying. Treat staff badly with there bullying manner never get your say always how mangers like it. Management only be nice if they need you to help them out otherwise no appreciation or respect for any staff only managements favourites. Work place is completely corrupted & would not class this as a professional work place at all as ive seen it for myself and glad i got out when i did!!!!! Always short staffed. Over worked to the extreme & no incentive given for this people just work because put on the spot as pay rate is basic. PLEASE IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT APPLYING HERE JUST STOP THERE ARE MUCH MUCH BETTER CARE HOMES OUT THERE. THAT ARE RUN PROPERLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Very bad management in all aspects. Poor pay, understaffed everyday. Over worked no appreciation
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Runwood Homes?
I have worked for Runwood Homes as a carer for 6 months. I am new to care and love my job. The work is hard but so very rewarding to see a smile on a residents face after i have done something for them is wonderful. The management is very caring and supportive. I had a good induction and hope to work here a long time.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Pay could be better.
I have work as a carer night part-time it was the horrible experience I have ever experienced I would not recommend anyone to work in care home unless is the end of your job line very unorganised no professional training hand to hand in real life the whole care home stinks. And the worst part of the gut mental patients living there is half the staff and other residents people with mental illness should not be in normal care home I will not recommend anyone to work in Luton care home at runwood home Mulberry Court
Pros
Non
Cons
To much
dreadful place to work. Management were repeatedly informed of staff concerns that the slings were fraying, and they did nothing and did not have them serviced (as is required) in order to reduce costs. It was an accident waiting to happen... Oh, I really could go on. The company is interested in money. End of! Carers and CTM's work extremely hard and deserve every back breaking penny of their extremely poor wage. Understandably, many would rather work somewhere else. Despite this, most make the best of their lot and work above and beyond the demands of a normal job. They do this with kindness and a smile.
Not the best company to work for. The people you look after are lovely. They just don't no how to look after there staff. But was there a very long time
The residential care home where I worked was chaos, with people rushing to get jobs done all the time. Too many residents and not enough staff, for this reason carers didn’t always get lunch breaks on long shifts. The manager was unpleasant and either invisible or unavailable. No training on how to deal with aggression from residents with dementia was given. The place was totally disorganised. There were some lovely residents who gave very positive feedback about my caring skills, which is just as well, as my confidence was at a fairly low ebb by the time I left.
Pros
Nice residents and free lunches
Cons
Stressful enviroment
Not very well run as not enough experienced staff. Extremely busy role non stop from shift begin time to shift end time which i enjoyed as love to be busy i didn't find the job hard as i love to care for people and make a persons life better as best i can nothing is too much and everything is enjoyable.