RUSH Hair and Beauty

RUSH Hair and Beauty Employee Reviews

Customers are generally nice, relaxed environment meaning you can engage in conversation with clients and staff. I was lucky enough to work in branches where the stylists, FOH and manager were all amazing.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
no sitting down for hours on end
I started at Rush 8 1/2 years ago, I came from a customer service background with no previous hairdressing experience. I started at the Rush Call centre and then over the last couple of years progressed to working with the project manager now I have the role of Operations Business Manager working along side the senior team, it's been amazing!I love having so much insight into the company and communicating with everyone in all areas of the company finance, marketing and i work along side the head of operations daily. I get to speak to the managers and stylists on a regular basis and love getting to know everyone and helping them with general day to day running of the salons.The team I work with are amazing and I look forward to every new project I get involved in.
I love my salon the staff are extremely friendly and fun to be around. It’s like one big family but I just earn money being there. I’m always being encouraged and guided to reach my full potential and there’s always new things to learn and to get involved with to elevate you in the business.
Pros
Free hair services
Cons
Another typical corporate machine.Staff are just a number.Fast paced,unrealistic timings and targets. Terrible pay.No management support and left to fend for yourself. If I didn’t leave, I’d have lost all love for my chosen career field. I recommend smaller chains and independent salons.
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, unrealistic targets, short timings for clients
It was okay as a starter job In beauty. Management was VERY poor and it’s competitive on another level. The girls steal your commission. Even then they make unrealistic targets. Very high turnover of staff
Pros
Discount on hair cuts
Cons
Long hours, no lunch break, massage for hours on end and poor management
This September they made redundant people during the pandemic period , and me too. Said don't have jobs now. Don't important how long u work or how you are good stylist. They do not know how to handle people who are not fake personality. And after this is all company start looking people again. Your position will never be safe there.
Pros
only good stuff in my salon
Cons
poor salary, poor manadgment
At first when i started i loved it, but soon as the weeks went passed i noticed how many people join and leave the rush community. I work for a really toxic narcissistic manager who literally has made everyone cry at least once. I have tried multiple times to talk to the higher boss to see if they deal with her (or at least notice the stupidly high turnover in staff) and realise that she is literally the reason everyone leaves. Its terrible to work in a place where you wonder " oh, what mood will she be in today" I enjoyed working for the company. I love all my colleagues that i worked with, but the manager is someone who should not be in charge. Everyone that is currently working with her, just want to resign (forget the fact that 3 resigned within a week space) Which is such a shame as we all got on so well as a team. They offer training (which is impossible to book) i managed to go on a few courses and was lead under the impression that it will be funded (as they fund the managers trips) but unfortunately not. You have to complete a week of vadering in london and it will be in peak time (so really expensive train fair) and you are supposed to work after the training days (forgetting the fact it takes more that 1.5 Hours to get back to the salon) Hours and pay was terrible. Dont get paid for overtime (god forbid the fact you mentioned 3 hours over and then have to return back to the shop in 8 hours time) never get lunch breaks (at first you are told you're allowed, but if you book it in you'll get an angry phone call from management)
Pros
clients are easy to build up
Cons
Long hours. No overtime paid. no lunch breaks. Endless tears and panic attacks
They have zero care for any staff. The owners have always put their own financial gain over anything else. Every salon is a revolving door for new management, stylists and FOH.
Pros
Some nice colleagues
Cons
Toxic environment, low pay
Very fast environment to work, very busy. Good for customer service skill improvement and dealing with people face to face. Good courses to go on. Long hours though.
Pros
Good training course
Cons
Long hours on feet.
Good place to work just needs to be dedicated and team worker. Been there almost a year, really busy, good pay and chances for improvement as they have an academy.
Pros
Good team, good payment, good management
Cons
manger at epsom absolutely awful to clients and staff ,just there to make money ,doesnt matter what your works like if your not upselling and she doesn't like you your out ,the stylist there are amazing though ,they work really hard with no appreciation ,
Pros
great Christmas party
Cons
Management across the entire company
I worked for a short time in Rush Ealing Broadway London. Through that time I had a great experience. Unfortunatelyy time was cut short due to family crisis. Would love to get the experience to work for Rush again if they ever come to North East England.
Pros
One big family of creative people.
Cons
Currently no salons up the North of England.
Terrible management across the board. Pay you as little as possible. No opportunities to grow and move up within the company. Terrible working hours and working conditions.
I enjoyed working at rush even though it was busy some times. I was an assistant therefore i had to welcome our customers and make sure they were comfortable. i cleaned and worked on the display.
I worked there for 9 years from the age of 16, which allowed me to become very comfortable. We experienced a fair few managers but overall it tried to keep the concept of family and help to build your confidence and ability within hair. I was extremely lucky to of worked with amazing people over the years, which allowed the work environment to be great. My lovely regulars allowed me to fully enjoy my time with them and build great relationships with them. Being based in Covent Garden was brilliant.
Pros
Location, Training academy
Cons
You need to be very busy and excel at sometimes unrealistic goals to earn a competitive salary otherwise its same wage as anywhere else . As FOH and keyholder I would rarely finish on time as some of the stylists used to run behind regularly sometimes I would be waiting 1 hour for stylist to finish her clients before I could lock up and go home, not ideal when you're already on a 9pm finish and got an 8am start the next morning. Management work you hard so need to have tough skin and not let it get to you.
This company only wants to benefit by how much money you can get out of customers. You have a weekly unrealistic target that your supposed to hit and can be very hard to achieve. Rush put you on there own hair course. If you decide to leave before a year you will owe them 1500. They do not care about there employees. One day before the government said they will give 80% to workers they decided to terminated a lot of people’s contacts.
Working in rush hair salon was fun but fast past, as an apprentice it was alright but because I was young i was getting treated a bit different from the other work colleagues
I worked for rush for 14 months and the management was always a mess, I had 3 different managers in less than a year. Colleagues and clients were always nice and kind. Payment is really low and your hourly rate doesn't increases with time/experience. After Rush became part of my life, I forced myself to leave because of the manager and the area managers behaviour towards me. I was also being FORCED to work in other brunch that I never agreed to. (When I say forced: The manager told me to shut up and do it and that "I had no other option, end of the conversation").
I worked at rush Nottingham for 2 yers which was awful the manager isn’t a hairdresser she has no idea on the hair world works it’s very bad management
Low pay,hidden costs and commisions,rude co-workers,really really low pay for the ammount of work i’ve put in.I’ve been left with a really bad oppinion about rush.