RUSH Hair and Beauty
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

RUSH Hair and Beauty Employee Reviews for Apprentice

Job as a whole was okay but really stressful environment. Everyone is friendly and have made friends for life from there. Can’t say that’s true about the owner of the salon at the start when you begin a new job they’re nice to you but then things go downhill. The owner tells people not to gossip but does it herself quite childish would say for my liking. I liked learning the different parts of hairdressing and styling but being there has put me off learning and becoming a stylist. Can say everyone was nice there including foh. Only had problems with the owner. Gave a weeks notice and was ill on the sunday and the owner said I was lying so she dismissed me before I was meant to finish on the Tuesday and said she won’t give me a reference after all the hard work I had put in which is also something I am not happy about.
Pros
Great people, friendly, helpful
Cons
Finishing late, not receiving breaks, busy environment
Working in rush hair salon was fun but fast past, as an apprentice it was alright but because I was young i was getting treated a bit different from the other work colleagues
Working at rush meant you had to be very independent as this was a busy hair salon and wasn’t much time to help each other especially as stylist would have clients, being friendly to all clients was a key skill as they are very sociable most of the time, they like conversation when getting their hair done, presentation was also very important as you are also promoting new and individual looks for clients, if you looked scruffy not many people would want you doing their hair.
Pros
Free hair services, friendly environment
Cons
Being at the bottom of the ladder at rush. you have no respect, really rude staff members that take advantage, very poor pay you will never make the set £600 a month always loosing money even if your never sick or late. I got signed off by the doctors for a week because I had a contagious Illness I was entitled to satisfactory sick pay but didn’t received it due to not earning enough money? Even though my doctor knew that I was an apprentice and on gov.co.uk your entitled to SSP if you earn £116 per week which at rush your “supposed” to earn £150 per week . Managers are really unprofessional share confidential information with other staff members who are not in the managerial position. Rush is a very cliquey business they do not welcome new employees really well. Allow every form of bullying in there salons but do not help there very biased to there favourite employees rather then being professional and hearing 2 sides. If you do try raise it further you just get put to the side and not heard. I would not recommend rush to anybody at all stay far away.
Cons
learned a lot of hair services at rush, the staff were lovely and still are as are the clients. Hardest part of the job was going to college and doing theory.
Pros
good hours
Cons
try to find a break
hard work but good colleague and customers and good opportunities. I liked the people I work with and my manager but higher management are rude and mean.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
higher management
I loved working at rush hair but did find that the manager was very rude and that she did not know how to speak to any of her staff with respect. But all of the other team members were great to work with.
From working at rush i learned a variety of different new skills, not just hairdressing related but also things such as how to develop good customer service skills, how to work well in a team and also i managed to get more of an education on different retail products so i am able to recommend certain products to clients and also family and friends. I got along along well with all of my co workers and over the time i spent there i was able to get to know everyone individually. The salon was kept under good management at all times it was a very professional place to work, but also where it is big and busy salon could also be overwhelming considering the hours as an apprentice. The most enjoyable part of the working day for me was the morning and end of day jobs as i like to keep things clean and tidy and i found it relaxing to be able to finish the day that way.
Pros
Qualifiation
Cons
When I first started at RUSH I felt at home, the staff in RUSH Chiswick were helpful, supportive, and welcoming. I had good memories there and absolutely miss working with the ladies and gents that were previously there. It was a fun environment, would definitely recommend this salon.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Overload of working
Long Hours, Rubbish Pay My Co-Workers were fine just that some of them because you are younger they take advantage of you. My Management- 5*
Pros
Free Hair Services
Cons
Long Hours
Jobs at RUSH Hair and Beauty